Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Czech Airlines BKK-AUH-PRG-CDG $264 Business All in

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Czech Airlines BKK-AUH-PRG-CDG $264 Business All in

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2012, 4:56 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Booked Paris in January via XP, 064 ticket stock. Given the financial situation of CSA is travel insurance a prudent move on this one?
Old Mar 25, 2012, 5:06 pm

Hello,it's my first post, I am sorry if I ask something that will sound stupid, I hope you'll answer, I usually learn fast
If I got everything, the great price is for BKK-PRG-ANYPLACEINEUROPE. That is pretty nice, but I do not know if that would help me that much. I am in Europe and might just be interested in doing the other trip ANYPLACEINEUROPE-PRG-BKK. Would that be possible with this business fair to change the route free of charge? In that case it would definetely be something I would be really interested to, otherwise, even though it's a great price I think it would not be that interesting for me...
Thanks a lot!
Old Mar 25, 2012, 5:09 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Must be a comma fault that got us this wonderful fare

[KVS Availability Tool 6.9.7 - Galileo: Fares/PSH/RU]
Code:
BKK  Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Intl TH [VTBS]
CDG  Paris Charles De Gaulle FR [LFPG]
R/T  01 Apr 2012 | Economy

Carrier    From    To    Fare      Cur   AdvanceP  Min  Max  Fare Basis
---------  ------  ----  --------  ----  --------  ---  ---  --------------
OK         BKK     PAR       315   USD        ***       360  DFLXWB
OK         BKK     PAR       368   USD        ***       360  CFLXWB
[KVS Availability Tool 6.9.7 - Galileo: Fares/PSH/RU]
Code:
BKK  Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Intl TH [VTBS]
FRA  Frankfurt Metro / Intl DE = FRA HHN [EDDF]
R/T  01 Apr 2012 | Economy

Carrier    From    To    Fare      Cur   AdvanceP  Min  Max  Fare Basis
---------  ------  ----  --------  ----  --------  ---  ---  --------------
OK         BKK     FRA       359   USD        ***       360  CFLXWB
OK         BKK     FRA      3081   USD        ***       360  DFLXWB
Old Mar 25, 2012, 5:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Originally Posted by djlimo
Hello,it's my first post, I am sorry if I ask something that will sound stupid, I hope you'll answer, I usually learn fast
If I got everything, the great price is for BKK-PRG-ANYPLACEINEUROPE. That is pretty nice, but I do not know if that would help me that much. I am in Europe and might just be interested in doing the other trip ANYPLACEINEUROPE-PRG-BKK. Would that be possible with this business fair to change the route free of charge? In that case it would definetely be something I would be really interested to, otherwise, even though it's a great price I think it would not be that interesting for me...
Thanks a lot!
Nope, sorry, this fare originates in BKK only.

It is not uncommon for fares to price completely differently, depending on which way you are flying (ie, EU-BKK cheap, BKK-EU very expensive - even on the same airlines, same flights in reverse). You just have to hope you're lucky and the direction works in your favor (or you can book a 'positioning run' to get from where you are to the origination point of the good fare - for you, this would be a separate EU-BKK ticket).

Welcome to FT and remember rule number one: DO NOT EVER CALL THE AIRLINES!!

If you have a question, ask it here. Calling the airlines just kills the deal for everyone else - and probably for the caller too.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 5:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K, BA GGL/CCR, TK Elite Plus, Marriott Gold4Lyfe, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Tesco Blue
Originally Posted by djlimo
I am in Europe and might just be interested in doing the other trip ANYPLACEINEUROPE-PRG-BKK. Would that be possible with this business fair to change the route free of charge? In that case it would definetely be something I would be really interested to, otherwise, even though it's a great price I think it would not be that interesting for me...
Thanks a lot!
First, welcome to FT!

Second, no, unfortunately, this fare is only valid for itineraries originating in BKK. If you ticket it and then try to change it, it will re-price to the then-current fare available for the new routing to which you are hoping to change it.

All is not lost, however - this fare is valid for one-way travel FROM BKK, so you could go out and try to find something decent for a one way from your town in Europe to BKK, and then get this great business class fare for the return.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 5:16 pm

Programs: BD the last decent FFP
Originally Posted by AndrewT84
Same here. That's why I'm not pulling the trigger either. Maybe if I was a ST flyer.
+1
I'm trying hard to justify to myself I can pull the trigger (no risk), but I'm not there yet.
My latest mental iteration is that having a Plat Flying Blue card from the matching done to M&M SEN's last year, I could get >40k on a return trip (if C is 250%)

GBM
Old Mar 25, 2012, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by SkyTeem
First, welcome to FT!

Second, no, unfortunately, this fare is only valid for itineraries originating in BKK. If you ticket it and then try to change it, it will re-price to the then-current fare available for the new routing to which you are hoping to change it.

All is not lost, however - this fare is valid for one-way travel FROM BKK, so you could go out and try to find something decent for a one way from your town in Europe to BKK, and then get this great business class fare for the return.
Nope, why do I see r/t for 436?

Itinerary details
Itinerary
Bangkok (BKK) to Paris (CDG) - Wed, Dec 19
Czech Airlines Bangkok (BKK) to Abu Dhabi (AUH) - Wed, Dec 19
Czech Airlines 3169 Dep: 8:05PM Arr: 11:50PM 6h 45m Boeing 777 Business (D)
OPERATED BY ETIHAD AIRWAYS Layover in AUH 1h 30m

Czech Airlines Abu Dhabi (AUH) to Prague (PRG) - Thu, Dec 20
Czech Airlines 353 Dep: 1:20AM Arr: 6:00AM 7h 40m Airbus A320 Business (D)

Layover in PRG 1h 10m

Czech Airlines Prague (PRG) to Paris (CDG) - Thu, Dec 20
Czech Airlines 758 Dep: 7:10AM Arr: 9:00AM 1h 50m Airbus A319 Business (D)

Paris (CDG) to Bangkok (BKK) - Tue, Dec 25
Czech Airlines Paris (CDG) to Prague (PRG) - Tue, Dec 25
Czech Airlines 767 Dep: 9:10PM Arr: 10:50PM 1h 40m Airbus A321 Business (D)

Layover in PRG 13h 15m

Czech Airlines Prague (PRG) to Abu Dhabi (AUH) - Wed, Dec 26
Czech Airlines 352 Dep: 12:05PM Arr: 8:10PM 5h 5m Airbus A320 Business (D)

Layover in AUH 1h 30m

Czech Airlines Abu Dhabi (AUH) to Bangkok (BKK) - Wed, Dec 26
Czech Airlines 3168 Dep: 9:40PM Arr: 7:05AM 6h 25m Boeing 777 Business (D)
OPERATED BY ETIHAD AIRWAYS Thu, Dec 27
Cost per passenger (including taxes & fees) CA$436.75
Total cost for 1 passenger CA$436.75

How to buy this ticket
Tickets cannot be purchased directly from ITA Software.
Provide this information to a travel agent to help them match the fares found.
Make sure to provide the exact booking and fare codes shown.
Fare 1: Carrier OK DFLXWB BKK to PAR (rules)
Passenger type ADT, round trip fare, booking code D
Covers BKK-AUH (Business), AUH-PRG (Business), PRG-CDG (Business)
CA$152.19
Fare 2: Carrier OK DFLXWB PAR to BKK (rules)
Passenger type ADT, round trip fare, booking code D
Covers CDG-PRG (Business), PRG-AUH (Business), AUH-BKK (Business)
CA$152.19
Czech Embarkation Tax (CZ) 630.00
Thailand Passenger Service Charge (TS) 700.00
French Aviation Civile Tax (FR) 175.00
French International Passenger Service Charge (QX) 475.00
French Airport Tax (FR) 520.00
French Air Passenger Solidarity Tax (IZ) 1,630.00

Subtotal per passenger CA$436.75
Number of passengers x1

Total airfare & taxes CA$436.75
Fare construction (can be useful to travel agents)
BKK OK X/AUH OK X/PRG OK PAR 154.15DFLXWB OK X/PRG OK X/AUH OK BKK 154.15DFLXWB NUC 308.30 END ROE 30.832 XT 700TS 630CZ 695FR 1630IZ 475QX
Old Mar 25, 2012, 5:19 pm

Programs: BA Gold - A3 Gold - FB Gold - IHG Plat - SPG Gold -Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by teahan
Thank OP.

Some information on the CSA A319 J seat:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other...lass-a319.html
Well, this changes my scenario a little bit....
Old Mar 25, 2012, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by GBM.flights
+1
I'm trying hard to justify to myself I can pull the trigger (no risk), but I'm not there yet.
My latest mental iteration is that having a Plat Flying Blue card from the matching done to M&M SEN's last year, I could get >40k on a return trip (if C is 250%)

GBM

C on Czech earns 150% on long haul, 200% in Europe, in Flying Blue. Note that the AUH-BKK segments operated by Etihad will earn nothing in Flying Blue - despite bearing a Czech Airlines codeshare flight number, to earn in Flying Blue the operating airline must be a SkyTeam carrier.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 5:30 pm

Programs: Miles&Smiles Gold
Originally Posted by irishguy28
C on Czech earns 150% on long haul, 200% in Europe, in Flying Blue. Note that the AUH-BKK segments operated by Etihad will earn nothing in Flying Blue - despite bearing a Czech Airlines codeshare flight number, to earn in Flying Blue the operating airline must be a SkyTeam carrier.
No only 125% in Longhaul it gets booked in D
Old Mar 25, 2012, 5:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K, BA GGL/CCR, TK Elite Plus, Marriott Gold4Lyfe, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Tesco Blue
Originally Posted by yerffej201
I was replying to another FTer's question as to whether this could originate in his city IN EUROPE. It cannot. It has to originate in BKK.

But yes, it prices at roughly $4XX round trip, or if you only do a one way BKK-Europe, it comes to around $250. (I priced in USD, but it's a NUC fare and will convert to the local currency wherever the ticket is sold.)
Old Mar 25, 2012, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by chollie
Nope, sorry, this fare originates in BKK only.

It is not uncommon for fares to price completely differently, depending on which way you are flying (ie, EU-BKK cheap, BKK-EU very expensive - even on the same airlines, same flights in reverse). You just have to hope you're lucky and the direction works in your favor (or you can book a 'positioning run' to get from where you are to the origination point of the good fare - for you, this would be a separate EU-BKK ticket).

Welcome to FT and remember rule number one: DO NOT EVER CALL THE AIRLINES!!

If you have a question, ask it here. Calling the airlines just kills the deal for everyone else - and probably for the caller too.
Originally Posted by SkyTeem
First, welcome to FT!

Thanks both! Don't worry, I won't call airlines for sure

I had not got that it was possible to buy just one way ticket. That sounds better...

Just have to find out if I can deal it with my job...

I guess this fare works as always with non lowcost airlines: if I miss the first flight I won't be able to use the return one (no possibilities of buying a/r BKK-MXP and a one way BKK-MXP and use the return flight of the round one...Anyway it would cost less...)

Last edited by djlimo; Mar 25, 2012 at 5:40 pm
Old Mar 25, 2012, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yerffej201

Cost per passenger (including taxes & fees) CA$436.75
Total cost for 1 passenger CA$436.75

Subtotal per passenger CA$436.75
Number of passengers x1

Total airfare & taxes CA$436.75
Fare construction (can be useful to travel agents)
BKK OK X/AUH OK X/PRG OK PAR 154.15DFLXWB OK X/PRG OK X/AUH OK BKK 154.15DFLXWB NUC 308.30 END ROE 30.832 XT 700TS 630CZ 695FR 1630IZ 475QX
because you have selected Canadian Dollars as your currency. Check your sales city
Old Mar 25, 2012, 5:35 pm

Programs: BD the last decent FFP
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Thanks irishguy28. My calculation is way off after all.
And the best part of the trip is the one with no miles

GBM
Old Mar 25, 2012, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by northernstar84
No only 125% in Longhaul it gets booked in D
Mine are all ticketed in C, not D

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.