Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Czech Airlines BKK-AUH-PRG-CDG $264 Business All in

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Czech Airlines BKK-AUH-PRG-CDG $264 Business All in

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2012, 1:33 pm

all of my bookings got canceled by ex.com ... will phone them now ...
Old Mar 29, 2012, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Can we actually determine if this is true? I see two problems.

a) to the best of my knowledge, the earliest known date found for this deal were for departures from April 17. Certainly, I have seen no posts either here or on vielfliegertreff that indicate that the "cheap" tickets were available for departures prior to that date.

b) even if there was, in fact, availability before April 17 (and maybe March 27 was the only date available!!!), OK did not begin cancelling tickets until yesterday, March 28. Therefore, of course any such ticket that was supposed to depart on March 27 would have been honoured as such a ticket could not possibly have been cancelled yet. (If she booked a return ticket, she may find that her return has been cancelled or that further action - maybe including additional payment - is necessary before she can complete the ticket)

Regardless, this certainly will have no impact on those of us receiving cancellation emails.
Again, in Russian forum one lady has reported her ticket for April 6 from BKK to MOW.

In any way, if authorities will decide to investigate, they will found that peoples, who been abble to use their tickets under this fare.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 1:43 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by MCruler
all of my bookings got canceled by ex.com ... will phone them now ...
Please post the results. I emailed a request for more info on my cancellation and they told me I had to call. I would prefer to keep a written record of everything.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 1:51 pm

Programs: SQ
Originally Posted by romandavydov
Again, in Russian forum one lady has reported her ticket for April 6 from BKK to MOW.

In any way, if authorities will decide to investigate, they will found that peoples, who been abble to use their tickets under this fare.
Try to get her to post a pic of her boarding pass or something....it seems hard to believe, but I didn't check closely for those dates
Old Mar 29, 2012, 2:26 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
Originally Posted by Exiled in Express
Please post the results. I emailed a request for more info on my cancellation and they told me I had to call. I would prefer to keep a written record of everything.
did you contact czech airlines? as I sent an email to their call center email yesterday after receiving the cancellation one, but i have yet to hear from them. I figured I probably won't hear anything until next week.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 2:28 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Post: # 204 in that thread seems to indicate that someone flew on this the day before yesterday.. Google translate did a horrible job translating. Perhaps one of our Russian speaking FTers can shed some light into that discussion?
Old Mar 29, 2012, 2:30 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by synd
did you contact czech airlines? as I sent an email to their call center email yesterday after receiving the cancellation one, but i have yet to hear from them. I figured I probably won't hear anything until next week.
Expedia (US site). They are technically the travel agent, right? Plus I doubt I will get any positive outcome from Czech.

EDIT:
Curiosity got the better of me and I called Expedia. First agent saw the cancellation as a system error and called Czech. 20 minutes later I was still on hold and hung up. Called back later hoping there was an update readily available and the second agent looked over the itin number and could not seem to find the cancellation. She too called Czech and I hung up after 15 minutes on hold.

Last edited by Exiled in Express; Mar 29, 2012 at 4:58 pm
Old Mar 30, 2012, 3:18 am

Programs: *A G, ST Elite+, Marriott Silver, Hertz#1 Club Gold
I've just been to the representative office of CSA at BRU (Avia). They obviously had no clue why the booking was cancelled and called the offices in Prague. They said that they had issues with their internet servers over the weekend and therefore all bookings made last weekend were cancelled (maybe he was referring only the ones starting in BKK). The guy never mentioned any ""mistake fare"... They offered me the possibility of rebooking the same reservation, paying the "real" price. I was also told to contact directly the CSA helpline to have further information and support (?)
Old Mar 30, 2012, 4:05 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond AMB
Originally Posted by jfkeze
Post: # 204 in that thread seems to indicate that someone flew on this the day before yesterday.. Google translate did a horrible job translating. Perhaps one of our Russian speaking FTers can shed some light into that discussion?
I'll try.
"Hello.
I'll add some optimism as usual. My sister flew from Moscow to Phuket on a one-way ticket for 6300 [roubles, approx. US$210 - T.]. Just when I thought she would have problems with buying a ticket back, she managed to purchase a ticket via Prague for 5300 and flew to Moscow the day before yesterday [the post is dated Mar 29 7:24pm Moscow time - T.]
Good luck"

UPD: There is no evidence or confirmation further in the AWD.RU thread, so make your own judgment on whether the post is true.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 5:08 am

two days after receiving CSA's cancellation email, my reservation is still showing on czechairlines.com/kontrola_rezervaci site.

I've replied to the cancellation email by saying that "system" error is no justification for the cancellation, that when booking, confirming, and making payment, there were no 'system' problems with their system. And that if there were other organization/personnel problems, that cancelling our tickets should not be the target of their problems, and that I do not accept their cancellation of my confirmed ticket.

I've also contacted my insurance company to see whether a cancelled ticket would be covered by my annual travel insurance policy, and if so, how.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 7:43 am

And my credit card was just billed today...
Old Mar 30, 2012, 8:04 am

Programs: TK Elite, QR Gold
Originally Posted by teahan
And my credit card was just billed today...
I dont know why they are billing after cancellation. I got billed and cancelled on the same day
Old Mar 30, 2012, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by sleeplessinNL
I dont know why they are billing after cancellation. I got billed and cancelled on the same day
If you look at your credit card statement, you will see that the charge was applied on Sunday 25 March. It always takes 3-4 days for all charges made to my Dutch Amex to appear on my statement - I have never had a credit card where charges appeared instantaneously. (They probably would not issue an e-ticket/confirmation before they had charged your card, and received confirmation that the funds were there for the taking!). They didn't charge you on the day they cancelled - it just takes that long for the charge to be presented, by the credit card company, on your statement.

Datum
25 mrt

Beschrijving
CSA - DIRECT SALES NETHERLANDS
Passagier: irishguy/28 MR
Datum transactie verwerkt 28 mrt
Route: Van: ABU DHABI
Naar: PRAGUE Luchtvaartmij.: OK Klasse: C
Naar: AMSTERDAM Luchtvaartmij.: OK Klasse: C
Naar: ABU DHABI Luchtvaartmij.: OK Klasse: C
Ticketnummer: 06406406406406 Passagier: irishguy/28 MR

I've only just noticed that the Etihad sectors don't appear in that summary at all!!!!
Old Mar 30, 2012, 8:14 am

Programs: SQ
Well, at least you've been told it's cancelled. If they don't email me I'm going to show up at the airport and make a scene.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 9:45 am

Programs: TK Elite, QR Gold
I agree with the explanation, but just pissed that they sent cancellation. How does their IT and systems work properly to charge me, but then they tell me the reason for cancelling my already issued ticket is technical problems. If they dont return my money in couple of days, I am gonna make a scene.

Originally Posted by irishguy28
If you look at your credit card statement, you will see that the charge was applied on Sunday 25 March. It always takes 3-4 days for all charges made to my Dutch Amex to appear on my statement - I have never had a credit card where charges appeared instantaneously. (They probably would not issue an e-ticket/confirmation before they had charged your card, and received confirmation that the funds were there for the taking!). They didn't charge you on the day they cancelled - it just takes that long for the charge to be presented, by the credit card company, on your statement.

Datum
25 mrt

Beschrijving
CSA - DIRECT SALES NETHERLANDS
Passagier: irishguy/28 MR
Datum transactie verwerkt 28 mrt
Route: Van: ABU DHABI
Naar: AMSTERDAM Luchtvaartmij.: OK Klasse: C
Naar: ABU DHABI Luchtvaartmij.: OK Klasse: C
Ticketnummer: 06406406406406 Passagier: irishguy/28 MR

I've only just noticed that the Etihad sectors don't appear in that summary at all!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.