FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   [FARE GONE] TACA :NYC-SAL-LIMA-MVD (Montevideo, Uruguay) $459 ai T (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/1325441-fare-gone-taca-nyc-sal-lima-mvd-montevideo-uruguay-459-ai-t.html)

Raffles longhaul Mar 16, 2012 1:14 am

[FARE GONE] TACA :NYC-SAL-LIMA-MVD (Montevideo, Uruguay) $459 ai T

Sample date : NYC- Montevidio May 18-22 rt. $459 a.i.

Many dates available in May for the $459 a.i. fare. A few more $$ for dates in April through to Dec 2012 and Jan-Feb 2013
One free stopover permitted
Bookable on TACA and a few other sites.

flykodo Mar 16, 2012 2:21 am

Nice find to MVD this is a great deal down there.

TheBOSman Mar 16, 2012 5:38 am

Damn this one is good. Lowest I've seen to MVD. If AA even comes close to this then I have a snap book on my hands.

SQueeze Mar 16, 2012 5:53 am

Good price indeed but how many miles can be earned?
And any news when they are joining *A?

navi-c Mar 16, 2012 6:36 am

Originally Posted by SQueeze (Post 18211316)
Good price indeed but how many miles can be earned?
And any news when they are joining *A?

April:

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/thewan...star-alliance/

They at least have a spot on the United partner miles webpage:

http://pss.united.com/CMS/en-US/mark...spx?ItemId=441

of course, it is blank:rolleyes:

RooseveltL Mar 16, 2012 6:58 am

A VERY good way to get to Buenos Aires without the $120 visa requirement.
A ferry ride from MVD to Beunos Aires.

No guarantee this will collect miles (based on fare class) on Star Alliance until they join in April huh?

Palal Mar 16, 2012 7:07 am

Originally Posted by RooseveltL (Post 18211528)
A VERY good way to get to Buenos Aires without the $120 visa requirement.
A ferry ride from MVD to Beunos Aires.

No guarantee this will collect miles (based on fare class) on Star Alliance until they join in April huh?

Chances are you'll earn AT LEAST RDMs

bthotugigem05 Mar 16, 2012 7:14 am

If AA or LAN gets even close, I'm in. Fantastic fare to an incredible country. I'd put Uruguay right up there with Argentina.

TheBOSman Mar 16, 2012 7:16 am

Originally Posted by bthotugigem05 (Post 18211589)
If AA or LAN gets even close, I'm in. Fantastic fare to an incredible country. I'd put Uruguay right up there with Argentina.

LAN has been a shade under $800 recently but with fewer dates. If either goes below $600 I'll figure out the vacation time later! I keep a pretty close eye on the MVD/BUE fares on LA/AA out of BOS and NYC, it's probably top of my list of places I want to go at this point.

iahphx Mar 16, 2012 7:18 am

A great "Visit South America" fare given that you can apparently stop in Lima for free. I'm seeing good inventory for next fall/winter at $540 on ITA. Is there a way to get it down to $459 during that time period?

BTW, Taca is a good airline. As a UA 1K, I am greatly anticipating their entry into the Star Alliance. I've even enjoyed my stopovers is El Salvador, although the presence of guns everywhere may not be for everyone.

phd2b Mar 16, 2012 7:47 am

I need something like this. Was awarded academic fellowship to spend 2 months of the summer studying in Brazil.

Originally was going to do some personal traveling (1 month before before) the fellowship began (SCL, EZE, MVD, GRU, GIG, then fellowship in REC, followed by more travel (another month) in LIM, and IPC)

But for $459 a/i, I'm certainly willing to change/rearrange my travel cities / order of travel.

Total trip time would be 120+, departing out of NYC, last week of April - first week or two of May.

Looking on ITA, I can't find anything less than ~$825 R/T, without even trying to do a stopover in LIM.

TACA is even worse, nearly $1100+ !!!

What are the fare rules? Is a 120+ day trip permitted?

Any other restrictions I'm bumping into that is killing $459 for me?

Thanks!

TheBOSman Mar 16, 2012 7:50 am

Maximum stay requirements
TRAVEL FROM LAST SECTOR MUST COMMENCE NO LATER THAN
MIDNIGHT 90 DAYS AFTER DEPARTURE FROM FARE ORIGIN.

Sorry phd2b.

phd2b Mar 16, 2012 7:58 am

Ok, thanks BOSman !

That answers the question !

Not the answer I wanted, but...

TheBOSman Mar 16, 2012 8:09 am

Originally Posted by phd2b (Post 18211814)
Ok, thanks BOSman !

That answers the question !

Not the answer I wanted, but...

Book one to explore, come back for a few days and have another one booked after that? I know it would be a bit more but that might work.

phd2b Mar 16, 2012 8:23 am

Interesting!!!

That STILL might come out cheaper :D

(may have to care about mileage earning potential then!)

Trying to play with different 89 day itineraries... (and then maybe find a good 30 day VacationRun out of NYC/BOS/WAS for the remaining 30 days!)