Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] TACA :NYC-SAL-LIMA-MVD (Montevideo, Uruguay) $459 ai T

[FARE GONE] TACA :NYC-SAL-LIMA-MVD (Montevideo, Uruguay) $459 ai T

Old Mar 18, 12, 4:16 pm
  #46  
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NYC/Northern NJ
Programs: 1K - UAL, Platinum DL, Marriott, Hilton, SPG
Posts: 1,763
Originally Posted by stockmanjr View Post
I'm not seeing any major changes what did they change on yours?
Cheers
Howie
CheapTkts has removed all segments after Avianca outbound Lima (leg #2) for travel in late August. I'll give it a day or two to see what happens but basically went from NYC-BOG-LIM-MVD-LIM-SAL-JFK to only NYC-BOG-LIM.

Last edited by RooseveltL; Mar 18, 12 at 8:55 pm Reason: Update routing.
RooseveltL is offline  
Old Mar 18, 12, 7:52 pm
  #47  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: NYC
Programs: Marriott Silver, Morton's VIP, Awesomeness EXPLT
Posts: 15,030
Originally Posted by RooseveltL View Post
CheapTkts has removed all segments after Avianca outbound Lima (leg #2) for travel in August. I'll give it a day or two to see what happens but basically went from NYC-BOG-LIM-MVD and back to NYC-BOG-LIM
Hmm mine is still in tact but I'm routing via SAL and LIM we'll see what happens. Let me know how yours gets resolved.
Cheers
Howie
stockmanjr is offline  
Old Mar 18, 12, 8:31 pm
  #48  
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Berlin
Programs: UA, CO, DL, AA
Posts: 43
Mine's still as it was booked, via BOG-LIM on the way and LIM-SJO on the way back.
ck102 is offline  
Old Mar 18, 12, 8:53 pm
  #49  
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Dallas
Programs: AA PLT/5MM; AS MVP GLD 75K; DL DM; EK SLV; HHonors DIAM; Marriott GLD
Posts: 4,065
Originally Posted by gil123 View Post
I wouldn't count on any UA miles for it. I flew on Avianca (now part of TACA) to BOG last year and United was already showing TACA as a Mileage Partner on their website but after many fruitless attempts, I was told that the partnership does not yet exist. Ended up with 50% of the flown miles in useless TACA LIFEMILES.
I had a similar experience last year... it was a true beating trying to get miles.... even though I supposedly was in a valid class of service. Eventually just gave up.
HKG_Flyer1 is offline  
Old Mar 19, 12, 2:53 pm
  #50  
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 193
Just booked on Cheaptickets JFK-SAL-LIM-MVD-LIM-SJO-JFK. However, when I got the confirmation e-mail, it was JFK-BOG-LIM-MVD instead. Seems very strange.
davewill is offline  
Old Mar 19, 12, 5:16 pm
  #51  
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NYC/Northern NJ
Programs: 1K - UAL, Platinum DL, Marriott, Hilton, SPG
Posts: 1,763
Originally Posted by davewill View Post
Just booked on Cheaptickets JFK-SAL-LIM-MVD-LIM-SJO-JFK. However, when I got the confirmation e-mail, it was JFK-BOG-LIM-MVD instead. Seems very strange.
What does checkmytrip show? My confirmation was good for 2 days and than changed. I haven't called yet to allow others to book if/when available.
RooseveltL is offline  
Old Mar 19, 12, 11:23 pm
  #52  
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Idaho
Programs: US Airways, Silver United, Gold Hilton, Platinum Marriott, Gold SPG
Posts: 749
Really nice find, I want to go to SA for some time, hope it will be able to earn miles.
SiberianTiger is offline  
Old Mar 21, 12, 4:20 am
  #53  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: PRG
Programs: CO, DL, US
Posts: 7
I actually asked United about earning miles with TACA, as I was only able to find a blank chart with no information. I was referred to this chart (though I'm not sure if it was just added or is archived):
https://pss.united.com/CMS/en-US/Mar...virtual_expert

Each leg of the flight I was looking at for $540 ai was booking in W.

So altogether not so great unless you like TACA miles. However, I want to go to South America so maybe I'll learn to like them.
driftingpaper is offline  
Old Mar 21, 12, 11:07 am
  #54  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: NYC
Programs: Marriott Silver, Morton's VIP, Awesomeness EXPLT
Posts: 15,030
Originally Posted by driftingpaper View Post
I actually asked United about earning miles with TACA, as I was only able to find a blank chart with no information. I was referred to this chart (though I'm not sure if it was just added or is archived):
https://pss.united.com/CMS/en-US/Mar...virtual_expert

Each leg of the flight I was looking at for $540 ai was booking in W.

So altogether not so great unless you like TACA miles. However, I want to go to South America so maybe I'll learn to like them.
I have a feeling we're going to see changes in the earning classes when they fully join *A next month. Also some of the $483 fares earlier booked into S/T and I'm wondering if they're reworking the fare buckets in order to come inline with *A.
Cheers
Howie
stockmanjr is offline  
Old Mar 21, 12, 2:21 pm
  #55  
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Programs: Copa Presidential Platinum, United Silver, Alaska MVP Gold 75K
Posts: 16
How closely does United follow the forum???

Originally Posted by driftingpaper View Post
I actually asked United about earning miles with TACA, as I was only able to find a blank chart with no information. I was referred to this chart (though I'm not sure if it was just added or is archived):
https://pss.united.com/CMS/en-US/Mar...virtual_expert
Just checked and the page above, that had a blank chart, ... well it is blank no more.
dav2011 is offline  
Old Mar 21, 12, 8:24 pm
  #56  
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Berlin
Programs: UA, CO, DL, AA
Posts: 43
Mine is booked into T, and still has not changed. Keeping fingers crossed.

Those whose itineraries have changed: What are you going to do?
ck102 is offline  
Old Mar 23, 12, 8:24 am
  #57  
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NYC/Northern NJ
Programs: 1K - UAL, Platinum DL, Marriott, Hilton, SPG
Posts: 1,763
Originally Posted by ck102 View Post
Mine is booked into T, and still has not changed. Keeping fingers crossed.

Those whose itineraries have changed: What are you going to do?
I called and they called TACA and started restoring confirmed segments. Doesn't make a lot of sense why they were wiped in the first place.
RooseveltL is offline  
Old Mar 25, 12, 2:44 pm
  #58  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: NYC
Programs: Marriott Silver, Morton's VIP, Awesomeness EXPLT
Posts: 15,030
My connection on the way back has been dropped from 90 minutes to 50 minutes in LIM..Anyone ever transit LIM before and can weight in on connection times?
Cheers
Howie
stockmanjr is offline  
Old Mar 25, 12, 4:40 pm
  #59  
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NYC/Northern NJ
Programs: 1K - UAL, Platinum DL, Marriott, Hilton, SPG
Posts: 1,763
Originally Posted by stockmanjr View Post
My connection on the way back has been dropped from 90 minutes to 50 minutes in LIM..Anyone ever transit LIM before and can weight in on connection times?
Cheers
Howie
I've connected via LIM from Brazil heading to Panama (different carriers).
The challenge with Lima is no transit area so everyone must clear immigration and their lines are not organize and long. I would be concerned with such a small connection time but you are flying the same carrier in/out so they probably won't leave without you.
Be concern with carry on as they will weigh luggage and force it to the belly if over a certain kg.
RooseveltL is offline  
Old Mar 26, 12, 11:09 am
  #60  
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NYC
Programs: Marriott/SPG Ambassador, Delta Diamond, Hertz Platinum
Posts: 202
Originally Posted by RooseveltL View Post
I've connected via LIM from Brazil heading to Panama (different carriers).
The challenge with Lima is no transit area so everyone must clear immigration and their lines are not organize and long. I would be concerned with such a small connection time but you are flying the same carrier in/out so they probably won't leave without you.
Be concern with carry on as they will weigh luggage and force it to the belly if over a certain kg.
Piggybacking on this response, my flight down is NYC-BOG-LIM with a 51 min layover. Return path is MVD-LIM-SAL-NYC. 55 minute layover in LIM and 70 minutes in SAL. All the same airline. You're saying we should be concerned?

Last edited by VisaW; Mar 26, 12 at 11:21 am Reason: added more info
VisaW is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: