Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] TACA :NYC-SAL-LIMA-MVD (Montevideo, Uruguay) $459 ai T

[FARE GONE] TACA :NYC-SAL-LIMA-MVD (Montevideo, Uruguay) $459 ai T

Old Mar 16, 12, 2:19 pm

Been playing with various itineraries since this morning...

Same itineraries are now pricing about $100-$150 more...

prices seem to be going up (at least for the dates i'm playing with, i.e., cheapest possible)

EDIT--> I would apprecaite if someone in the know can advise re "purchasing" and being able to cancel within 24 hours for a 100% refund, on Taca or XP/O... otherwise, I would have booked 2 tickets when I first asked this question a few hours ago, and "reserved" it for ~$300 cheaper...

Last edited by phd2b; Mar 16, 12 at 2:44 pm
Old Mar 16, 12, 3:40 pm

Programs: UA, CO, DL, AA
Booked

Booked May 19 - June 9, couldn't price any free stopovers (a stopover in SJO, BOG or LIM all added about $70 to $100), but didn't really feel like it anyway. Total $487. Thanks, OP!
Old Mar 16, 12, 4:52 pm

glad you were able to get in on it...

booking engines show $525 for me, but can't book...

can book only at ~$900 now (leaving first week of may, for 89 days)...

far cry from op's original fare

going.... going....
Old Mar 16, 12, 5:10 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver, HH Gold, Sixt Dmd
Great deal! would have booked if it earned *A EQMs
Old Mar 16, 12, 5:38 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL
Originally Posted by ck102 View Post
Booked May 19 - June 9, couldn't price any free stopovers (a stopover in SJO, BOG or LIM all added about $70 to $100), but didn't really feel like it anyway. Total $487. Thanks, OP!
I booked from May 13-31 (with a 6 day stopover in lima) on travelocity for $643 and filed a price guarantee match to the cheaptickets price of $544 ($14 more than the ita price...probably a booking fee). I should be getting the price difference refunded plus an additional $50 for my next trip.

Also, the stopovers are free, but the additional $70-$100 come from airport entry and departure fees. For lima, this added an extra $45 roundtrip fare (as priced on ita), but i can see it adding more in other countries.

You may be able to cancel your reservation and add the extra stopover for the extra $45.
Old Mar 16, 12, 8:13 pm

Programs: UA LM Airbnb
this may be dead issue. but anyone care to guess with some degree of certainty as to what fare codes would earn eqm's in the event TACA's *A signing does occur in APR?
Old Mar 16, 12, 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by billybligh View Post
this may be dead issue. but anyone care to guess with some degree of certainty as to what fare codes would earn eqm's in the event TACA's *A signing does occur in APR?
Well for starters...

F, A, J, D, C, Y, B, M

Old Mar 17, 12, 12:36 am

Originally Posted by tc_jedi View Post
Well for starters...

F, A, J, D, C, Y, B, M

when you're right you're right....

I just rifled through the previous earning chart cached on google...

non earners for rdms were L W Z U X I E
Old Mar 17, 12, 6:33 am

Programs: 1K - UAL, Platinum DL, Marriott, Hilton, SPG
May or may not change things but the original tickets are issued by Avianca due to the first flight segment.

Unable to confirm fare class but probable deep discount.
Old Mar 17, 12, 8:07 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL
Originally Posted by mskills2 View Post
I booked from May 13-31 (with a 6 day stopover in lima) on travelocity for $643 and filed a price guarantee match to the cheaptickets price of $544 ($14 more than the ita price...probably a booking fee). I should be getting the price difference refunded plus an additional $50 for my next trip.

Also, the stopovers are free, but the additional $70-$100 come from airport entry and departure fees. For lima, this added an extra $45 roundtrip fare (as priced on ita), but i can see it adding more in other countries.

You may be able to cancel your reservation and add the extra stopover for the extra $45.
Followup: My travelocity price match was successful. They also threw in a $50 coupon for use on a vacation package or Goodbuy hotel package. Also, they claim to credit the difference between the base fares, not the total price. Interesting twist that may go either way, since the sites charge taxes and fees differently. The best price on cheaptickets currently for a stopover in lima for the above dates is $582 now ($439 base). Travelocity base as of yesterday was $533.40. Taxes and fees on travelocity were $110.24 vs $143.64 on cheaptickets.

Travelocity price guarantee requires submission within 24 hrs of booking, and exact itinerary details (same, locations, times and metal). Different codeshare labeling DID NOT affect my claim. Good luck.
Old Mar 17, 12, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Silver, Morton's VIP, Awesomeness EXPLT
Originally Posted by billybligh View Post
Someone on the thread that shall not be named was kind enough to post an ittn with fare buckets listed. Seems on the $459 fare it's T in one direction and S in the other.
Cheers
Howie

Last edited by stockmanjr; Mar 17, 12 at 11:35 am
Old Mar 17, 12, 1:38 pm

Programs: 1K - UAL, Platinum DL, Marriott, Hilton, SPG
Anyone who booked check your reservation at checkmytrip.com as airline has made changes to the TACA segments.
Old Mar 17, 12, 2:57 pm

nyc fares pretty much [gone]. A good fare for MVD with a free stopover still exists from LAX. 950.
Old Mar 17, 12, 11:59 pm

Programs: United Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mskills2 View Post
Followup: My travelocity price match was successful. They also threw in a $50 coupon for use on a vacation package or Goodbuy hotel package. Also, they claim to credit the difference between the base fares, not the total price. Interesting twist that may go either way, since the sites charge taxes and fees differently. The best price on cheaptickets currently for a stopover in lima for the above dates is $582 now ($439 base). Travelocity base as of yesterday was $533.40. Taxes and fees on travelocity were $110.24 vs $143.64 on cheaptickets.

Travelocity price guarantee requires submission within 24 hrs of booking, and exact itinerary details (same, locations, times and metal). Different codeshare labeling DID NOT affect my claim. Good luck.
Interesting. Glad to see the codeshares did not affect the price match
Old Mar 18, 12, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Silver, Morton's VIP, Awesomeness EXPLT
Originally Posted by RooseveltL View Post
Anyone who booked check your reservation at checkmytrip.com as airline has made changes to the TACA segments.
I'm not seeing any major changes what did they change on yours?
Cheers
Howie

Search this Thread
Search Engine: