Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] TACA :NYC-SAL-LIMA-MVD (Montevideo, Uruguay) $459 ai T

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] TACA :NYC-SAL-LIMA-MVD (Montevideo, Uruguay) $459 ai T

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2012, 8:30 am

Programs: UA Plat, AA Gold, PC Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by iahphx
A great "Visit South America" fare given that you can apparently stop in Lima for free. I'm seeing good inventory for next fall/winter at $540 on ITA. Is there a way to get it down to $459 during that time period?

BTW, Taca is a good airline. As a UA 1K, I am greatly anticipating their entry into the Star Alliance. I've even enjoyed my stopovers is El Salvador, although the presence of guns everywhere may not be for everyone.
What does the blank mileage earning page mean on united.com? Can you credit to UAMP?
Old Mar 16, 2012, 8:37 am

Programs: UA
We had such a great time in Brazil last year that this fare now whets my appetite for Urugary and BA. Just a ferry ride away, huh? Double our fun for an already super-cheap fare. Thanks Raffles!
Old Mar 16, 2012, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TravelByPoints
What does the blank mileage earning page mean on united.com? Can you credit to UAMP?
See discussion above about TACA joining the Star Alliance. I would think that a booking for next fall would be relatively safe for UA mileage accumulation but -- literally -- YMMV! I suppose you have to be prepared for no mileage accumulation if you get unlucky.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Landry's President's Club, Marriott Silver, Awesomeness EXPLT
Is anyone else getting an error on TACA's website when trying to book?
Cheers
Howie
Old Mar 16, 2012, 8:55 am

Programs: UA 1k; Hyatt Plat; SPG Gold; Avis PC Preferred; Priority Pass Select; AMEX Platinum
How does one build in a stop in Lima?
Old Mar 16, 2012, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by stockmanjr
Is anyone else getting an error on TACA's website when trying to book?
Cheers
Howie
Seeing that now, still seems to be coming up ok on Orbitz etc. I haven't tried to book this on TACA's site before just now.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 9:06 am

Programs: SQ
This is a super deal. I almost don't even care about the miles.

TACA site isnt working for me
Old Mar 16, 2012, 9:29 am

"Reservation" not final purchase

I know there is a new US law/regulation, about having 24 hours after "purchasing" a ticket to get a 100% refund.

I "assume" that I will be able to do this on US TA websites like XP, Big O, etc.

Can you also purchase on a foreign carriers website (i.e., TACA), and still be able to cancel, penalty free, within 24 hours?

Wondering if I should just buy now, and then try to work out other details within next 24 hours, and get refund if I can't make it work...
Old Mar 16, 2012, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Again, does anyone see a sub-$500 fare for fall travel? Given the mileage uncertainty, that's kind of my pricing threshold.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 9:39 am

Programs: AA 1MM, AA Plat, Hyatt Plat
the lowest I am getting is $508. However I am getting on Avianca and Taca with flights via BOG and LIM. A stopover in BOG would be great for me.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by iahphx
Again, does anyone see a sub-$500 fare for fall travel? Given the mileage uncertainty, that's kind of my pricing threshold.
No, but a lot under $550.

Originally Posted by coiaflyer
the lowest I am getting is $508. However I am getting on Avianca and Taca with flights via BOG and LIM. A stopover in BOG would be great for me.
I was able to get the stopover in LIM to price correctly, but couldn't get BOG to work. I haven't played around with this too much, won't have time off to do it, but in my limited efforts with ITA I couldn't get the price to stay down stopping over in BOG.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 9:44 am

Programs: SQ
$459 first week of May. Just not pricing on TACA on the other sites....
Old Mar 16, 2012, 10:50 am

Programs: AA-Gold 0.425MM), AS MVP Gold, National EE, Marriott Titanium (LT-G), UA Silver
UGH! I'm so tempted to snap this up, but i'm going to hold off until I know what Taca flights earn on US.

Assuming a 100% earning fare, this trip would be 12,150EQMS at 3.78cpm. Very good deal, but the suspense of not knowing is driving me crazy.

Fare rules say 14 day advanced purchase required. So it looks like it will be impossible to know fare earning potential until the integration is complete.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 10:52 am

Programs: Not care as much as before...
great find^
Old Mar 16, 2012, 12:37 pm

I wouldn't count on any UA miles for it. I flew on Avianca (now part of TACA) to BOG last year and United was already showing TACA as a Mileage Partner on their website but after many fruitless attempts, I was told that the partnership does not yet exist. Ended up with 50% of the flown miles in useless TACA LIFEMILES.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.