Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] TK: IST-MGQ (Mogadishu, Somalia) $263/€199 ai; 5750miles; 4,6cpm

[FARE GONE] TK: IST-MGQ (Mogadishu, Somalia) $263/€199 ai; 5750miles; 4,6cpm

Old Apr 5, 2012, 1:46 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Mr. Bean
Darn! Day late and a Somali shilling short
The Somali shilling is one of those strange paper currencies where the issuing authority/state dissoved and yet the currency remained in common use in the area. The Economist magazine has an article about this in the issue released last Friday.

Investing in transition state economies returning into some semblance of normalcy can be very lucrative for those who know what they are doing.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 2:04 am

Programs: AA ExP
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
If anyone does this and shows me the Somalia passport stamp, a picture, and return BPs then I will buy you a drink in YVR.
Jeez...you must be real fun at a do, if that's what it takes to get a drink out of you!
He knows from personal experience that one can't simply take a FlyerTalker at his/her word regarding tickets booked/ticketed, much less flown!
Old Apr 5, 2012, 4:48 am

Programs: M&M
Originally Posted by HansGolden
He knows from personal experience that one can't simply take a FlyerTalker at his/her word regarding tickets booked/ticketed, much less flown!
Old Aug 4, 2012, 7:40 am

Programs: AA EXPLAT, HH DIAMOND, IHG PLAT, RYANAIR NO OTHER OPTION FLYER
Talking Many a true word said in jest

Wondering if this fare will return now that mogadishu is poised to be the next hot tourist destination: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/tr...Mogadishu.html
Old Aug 8, 2012, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by carbonaddict
Wondering if this fare will return now that mogadishu is poised to be the next hot tourist destination: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/tr...Mogadishu.html
The lowest fare to get there is $1390 from SEA, so I don't see myself going there anytime soon.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 9:08 am

1400Euros from Berlin. NO thanks, or I would do it. I regret not jumping on it back then.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by largeeyes
1400Euros from Berlin. NO thanks, or I would do it. I regret not jumping on it back then.
And you also need to convert USD 100 to local currency on arrival, according to TIMATIC.
It also doesn't help that there's no embassy of Somalia in YOW.
BER seems to have one, though.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 7:17 am

But looks like it is just a post box with no open hours. I know they got it back last year. Anyways, anything close to this comes up again, I'll go.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.