Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

UA mistake fares this weekend

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA mistake fares this weekend

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2012, 7:15 am

Programs: AA ExP
Please, please, please put me on the IN list! I don't want to do any work looking for any mistake fares, but as soon as someone finds a mistake fare after spending hours of work looking for it, please spend another few hours copy and pasting all the usernames into a bunch of PMs, waiting 30 seconds between each PM.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 7:24 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by HansGolden
Please, please, please put me on the IN list! I don't want to do any work looking for any mistake fares, but as soon as someone finds a mistake fare after spending hours of work looking for it, please spend another few hours copy and pasting all the usernames into a bunch of PMs, waiting 30 seconds between each PM.
What, you think that's an unreasonable expectation? I know whose username I will forget to copy/paste next time I find a fare
Old Mar 4, 2012, 7:29 am
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
Please put me on the list... I think this is a great idea
Old Mar 4, 2012, 7:50 am

Programs: UA, SPG, Hilton, Mrt., PC, Hertz
Ya'll are too funny! Maybe United did a great job! No mistakes.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 7:59 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by skyemema
Ya'll are too funny! Maybe United did a great job! No mistakes.
That's because there were no changes to fares due to this... Fares have been standardized between UA and CO for a long time now. Even expecting any mistakes to be made was ridiculous.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
That's because there were no changes to fares due to this... Fares have been standardized between UA and CO for a long time now. Even expecting any mistakes to be made was ridiculous.
I believe they were standardizing to PMUA's inventory mgmt system and away from PMCO's. In this process there very well could have been some inventory glitches that would have resulted in deep discounts. However, few if any were identified.

I suggest this thread be locked and we just list deals as we would normally in the MR deals forum.

Last edited by nova08; Mar 4, 2012 at 11:36 am
Old Mar 4, 2012, 8:39 am

Programs: UA, SPG, Hilton, Mrt., PC, Hertz
Originally Posted by nova08
I believe they were standardizing to PMUA's inventory mgmt system and away from PMCO's. In this process there very well could have been some inventory glitches that would have resulted in deep discounts. However, there were really were none.

I suggest this thread be locked and we just list deals as we would normally in the MR deals forum.
Great idea!
Old Mar 4, 2012, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Great idea!
I advocated this on Friday, several hundred meaningless posts ago. There just wasn't much probability of getting mistake fares out of this integration, and the "regular" mileage run forum would have been the perfect place to list them had we gotten lucky.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 11:44 am

Programs: UA, DL
IN! Although I haven't found any myself.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 1:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by iahphx
I advocated this on Friday, several hundred meaningless posts ago. There just wasn't much probability of getting mistake fares out of this integration, and the "regular" mileage run forum would have been the perfect place to list them had we gotten lucky.
I couldn't agree more and feel the MR Deals forum would've been the best place to share any anomalies rather than using these pages to create private networks to instead bypass FT had any been uncovered.

I would've preferred that happen from the outset but am inclined to agree that this thread has run its course so will padlock it for posterity.

tcook052
MR Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.