Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] DL: EWR-SIN $690.30 ai - 3.43 cpm

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] DL: EWR-SIN $690.30 ai - 3.43 cpm

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2012, 10:18 am

Programs: DL FO
Originally Posted by vgandhi
I tried the same routing on matrix and it is not finding it can you please give me details of the flight numbers or the engine you used to book this fare I will appreciate it thanks
Nov 3rd DL 1706 LAX-DTW
Nov 3rd DL 627 DTW-HND
Nov 5th DL 621 NRT-SIN
Nov 12th DL 622 SIN-NRT
Nov 12th DL 638 NRT-HNL
Nov 12th DL 1212 HNL-LAX

Found on Matrix, got an error trying to book on DL.com, so booked through Orbitz.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 11:29 am

Programs: DL PM
Just re-booked my LAX-SIN to accommodate my travel buddy's change of dates but no conf e-mail yet... Making me a little nervous. Booked on dl.com/.dumb. First booking of this came through instantly as usual. Anyone else experiencing delays? Hopefully this isn't being pulled post-booking. I certainly won't be calling them to address it. Fully loaded with seat selection in my profile though.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 12:59 pm

Programs: DL:Diamond, HH:Diamond
just booked

just booked ewr-sin for last weekend in october on dl.com thanks guys!
Old Feb 27, 2012, 1:46 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Le Club Accorhotels Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by eloraculo

Originally Posted by VladQ
Thank you, OP!

Booked Sep. 19 - Sep 26, LAX-MSP-NRT-SIN SIN-MSP-LAX @660/pax (with free EC seats thanks to my wife's PM status). I wish there were similar options from SEA (our hometown) as now we need to figure out logistics to/from LAX.

Jumped on this deal not only because of the ticket prices, but also because of the Singapore Formula 1 race. Ticket prices for that one + the hotel will definitely make the airfare/mileage savings (3.1 cent/mile) savings non-existent.
Well, you could have done LAX-SEA-NRT-SIN.
I ended up with LAX-MSP-NRT-SIN and SIN-NRT-SEA-MSP-LAX. Thank you for the hint! Btw, the fare seems to be gone for Formula 1 days even though it still shows on ITA for LAX-SEA-NRT-SIN (tested on DL and Orbitz)
Old Feb 27, 2012, 2:04 pm

Never booked on Delta but how do you incorporate a stopover for $100?

Do you just book the LAX-NRT-SIN-NRT-LAX for $700 and then call them up afterwards and say you'd like a stop over in NRT for 3 days?

If I try to price it as a multi-city the price skyrockets!
Old Feb 27, 2012, 2:22 pm
Formerly known as vgandhi

Programs: Delta 1 MM and Platinum, United Premier Platinum, Starwood Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Choice Gold
same question here

Originally Posted by LivninSC

Do you just book the LAX-NRT-SIN-NRT-LAX for $700 and then call them up afterwards and say you'd like a stop over in NRT for 3 days?

I have the same problem and question
Old Feb 27, 2012, 3:05 pm

Don't call them please! I'm not sure how to do it but some more experienced FTers can hopefully help.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by BHArt
Don't call them please! I'm not sure how to do it but some more experienced FTers can hopefully help.
Too late

According to them it can't be done because once they do that the T fare category changes to a K category and as a result the price jumps to $1,300 or so.

So unless someone knows something the two reps didn't you can't add a stop over on to the cheap rate for $100 unless that fare category happens to be available.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 3:29 pm

Programs: SkyMiles Diamond, TK Elite, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Silver
Too late
Old Feb 27, 2012, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by xmurphy
You're missing a few more s. I'd love to go on a rant here but you can find the same rant in any other MR deal thread on here where someone decides to call for whatever reason. Seat change, stopovers, routing, etc. We really need a facepalm icon.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 3:45 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by xmurphy
Old Feb 27, 2012, 3:54 pm

You're missing a few more s. I'd love to go on a rant here but you can find the same rant in any other MR deal thread on here where someone decides to call for whatever reason. Seat change, stopovers, routing, etc. We really need a facepalm icon.
You guys seriously crack me up. You genuinely believe that Delta doesn't know this fare is out there don't ya. LOL

Oddly the UA fare worked considerably better for me ($300 per ticket better) and you can actually book that on their website even

And seriously, do you think more experienced FT'ers are going to give away tricks on how to beat the system? So what, that more and more people can do it and they can get corrected. Personally if they are out there I suggest that they keep it to themselves. Where's that ROFL icon...
Old Feb 27, 2012, 3:57 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
You guys seriously crack me up. You genuinely believe that Delta doesn't know this fare is out there don't ya. LOL
+1
Old Feb 27, 2012, 4:02 pm

Oddly the UA fare worked considerably better for me ($300 per ticket better) and you can actually book that on their website even

And seriously, do you think more experienced FT'ers are going to give away tricks on how to beat the system? So what, that more and more people can do it and they can get corrected. Personally if they are out there I suggest that they keep it to themselves. Where's that ROFL icon...
Might not be the most recent data, but it looks like Delta's Cost per Seat Mile was 11.03 cents in 2010, so it would be logical for them to remove the fare if they do know about it (at 3.3cpm) and want to be profitable. I've had airport agents make some pretty shocked faces when I do SDC on some MRs when they see my fare and they might pass that shock along to someone else when you're on the phone. Enjoy your UA flight.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 4:14 pm

Might not be the most recent data, but it looks like Delta's Cost per Seat Mile was 11.03 cents in 2010, so it would be logical for them to remove the fare if they do know about it (at 3.3cpm) and want to be profitable. I've had airport agents make some pretty shocked faces when I do SDC on some MRs when they see my fare and they might pass that shock along to someone else when you're on the phone. Enjoy your UA flight.
Not to state what most of us know but they're not going to fill the plane with these cheap tickets. I get tickets all the time to Tokyo from LAX for $800 (less at times). At 11,000 miles that's about 7 cents a mile yet the carriers seem to offer those rates all the time. Even at $1k they're losing $$.

Why? It's because the people back in steerage are just filling up the plane while those in business and first are covering the cost, as are those unfortunate enough to book late and get a higher ticket price in steerage

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.