Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Best place to book multi city multi booking class trip in a single booking

Old Feb 20, 2012, 10:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Bionic Program and all other

Hi. I have a need to book a multy city trip in different booking classes any idea which is the best site? I am hoping to have it all on the same booking and not creating 2 separate bookings.

I need to go from A --> B in Business, B --> C in coach, C -->B in coach and B--> A in Business all on the same itin. Is it doable?

Thanks.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 9:39 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
carrier/alliance?....route?
Old Feb 21, 2012, 2:44 pm
In Memoriam

call the carrier....
Old Feb 21, 2012, 3:02 pm

Or even better - a TA. No on-line way to do that anymore.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 3:34 pm
In Memoriam

do you have a price for the combined ticket from a carrier? or did you price 2 separate tickets?

the price might change w/1 ticket instead of 2.....doesn't cost anything to get a price from a carrier....

Last edited by clacko; Feb 21, 2012 at 3:45 pm
Old Feb 21, 2012, 3:41 pm

Location: New Orleans on a sabattical. My roots are in Los Angeles.
Programs: Chase Palladium, AMEX Plat, UA Plat, AA EXP, HH/SPG G, PC plat
How to take full advantage of routing rules on a MR?

Last edited by rizwank; Feb 21, 2012 at 3:42 pm Reason: mispost
Old Feb 21, 2012, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by rizwank
Ask a TA for the routing rules if you're too cheap to sign up for KVS.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 3:47 pm

Location: New Orleans on a sabattical. My roots are in Los Angeles.
Programs: Chase Palladium, AMEX Plat, UA Plat, AA EXP, HH/SPG G, PC plat
Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
Ask a TA for the routing rules if you're too cheap to sign up for KVS.
If the answer was for me, I re-asked my Q here :

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...outing-mr.html
But I've got both EF and KVS...
Old Feb 21, 2012, 10:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by erik123
Or even better - a TA. No on-line way to do that anymore.
Depends. Sometimes you can get the carrier to price it out that way. I know that last year I just put in my dates and times that I wanted on AA & AS and was able to get a mix of fare classes with the low business class fare on the segments that I wanted it on and ecomony on the others.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 4:48 am
In Memoriam

Originally Posted by bionicrunner
Hi. I have a need to book a multy city trip in different booking classes any idea which is the best site? I am hoping to have it all on the same booking and not creating 2 separate bookings.

I need to go from A --> B in Business, B --> C in coach, C -->B in coach and B--> A in Business all on the same itin. Is it doable?

Thanks.
have you bought the ticket?

i am assuming that value/$ is the only consideration here....b-c is short & y on that leg cuts the price.....no stopover at b.....sort of a reverse hidden city situation...

did the price change from the sum of the 2 tickets?

if there are other reasons that might help fters, please post...

thanks...
Old Feb 26, 2012, 8:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by clacko
have you bought the ticket?

i am assuming that value/$ is the only consideration here....b-c is short & y on that leg cuts the price.....no stopover at b.....sort of a reverse hidden city situation...

did the price change from the sum of the 2 tickets?

if there are other reasons that might help fters, please post...

thanks...
Thank you for your input and to all of you as well.

First I must say that after reading this board and speaking to my TA i realized that my TA is obsolete. I found more answers here then my TA could answer. I know, time to change TA.

Here are the details,

First Leg: Any midweek day in April after Apr 10

SQ flight 25 JFK - FRA in business
connect in FRA
to any carrier (preferably star alliance) FRA - LWO in coach

2 week stay

and same scenario in return.

I have no problem doing 2 round trip tickets JFK-FRA and FRA-LWO but I end up with 2 separate itins. In past that involved me coming out in FRA and collecting my bags and rechecking bags again. If i can have it on same itin then bags go all the way to LWO.

I am sending my parents and there is no way they can go through this whole process.

Any ideas are appreciated.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 1:39 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, BA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I'm confused about the goal here ---- are you planning a MR for your parents?

Given that there are no direct flights from FRA to LWO, and that SQ's service back to JFK leaves FRA early in the morning, I suspect that your concern about needing to collect luggage in FRA is, at least in part, misplaced --- I don't see how they could connect to this flight without an overnight in FRA.

If the primary goal is to have them travel comfortably to LWO on a * Alliance carrier without enroute stopovers, I'd recommend TK (via IST) or OS (via VIE).... and save the SQ 380 experience for another trip. If the goal is really a MR, please post more details.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 2:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jbalmuth
I'm confused about the goal here ---- are you planning a MR for your parents?

Given that there are no direct flights from FRA to LWO, and that SQ's service back to JFK leaves FRA early in the morning, I suspect that your concern about needing to collect luggage in FRA is, at least in part, misplaced --- I don't see how they could connect to this flight without an overnight in FRA.

If the primary goal is to have them travel comfortably to LWO on a * Alliance carrier without enroute stopovers, I'd recommend TK (via IST) or OS (via VIE).... and save the SQ 380 experience for another trip. If the goal is really a MR, please post more details.
Planing MR for parents is bad idea. I am about to realize that.

As far as SQ from JFK to FRA it arrives in am and there are bunch of flight to go to LWO. And i have the same one the way back.
BUT
BUT BUT
it all needs to be booked in 2 separate itins. And i am trying to OVOID that. I need them not to check out and just continue with luggage until LWO.

I understand your logic for TK via Istanbul but they need full true flat bad in business (because i can get that on SQ for $2500 anytime). Plus there is an overnight in Istanbul which they def can not do.

So,

JRK to FRA on SQ A380 business (unless someone can suggest same comfort elsewhere for same price for any other airport that goes direct to LWO)

FRA to LWO on coach

and in reverse in 10-17 days

That's what i am trying to figure out.

Better yet, if this would fit in a better section of these forums then please point me in right direction.

Thank you.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.