Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

LAX-SIN 937 all included, but can I skip the first leg?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2012, 1:33 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA, Hyatt, Marriott

It is valid on Thursday of september. LAX-SFO-SIN-SFO-LAX
I I buy this ticket, can I boarding from SFO. It is a newbie question but I never do that. Is it possbile? The same period SFO-SIN-SFO is at least 1152. it is just ridiculous.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 1:44 am
soy

Programs: various
No, if you do not board in LAX the ticket will cancel. There is no way around this. Clearly the airline faces more competition ex-LAX
Old Jun 18, 2012, 2:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
I guess it's a bit like responding to a supermarket's Buy One, Get One Free offer with:

I don't really want two of them - can I just have the free one?
Old Jun 18, 2012, 4:02 am

Programs: Skywards Platinum

You can often find a one-way flight to LAX for $69, and you can skip the final SFO-LAX leg.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 11:27 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
what are the details?.....

others may be interested in the run......
Old Jun 18, 2012, 12:42 pm

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
Originally Posted by whimike
You can often find a one-way flight to LAX for $69, and you can skip the final SFO-LAX leg.
Doing a quick search Southwest has SFO-LAX for $100 ai. And you may be able to get that even cheaper with a discount code, fare sale, etc.

probably your best option is find a cheap way to get to LAX.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 4:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If you do this, allow lots of time to connect at LAX on separate tickets. Would it make sense to take the train the day before the LAX-SIN flight?
Old Jun 18, 2012, 5:25 pm

Programs: AA Explat, UA former 1K + PremExec, DL
I tried to do this earlier in the year

but only allowed myself 3 hrs between landing of SFO-LAX and departure of Intn'l flight. Usually would work but it blew up in my face, multiple delays and finally MX.

5 hrs would have been enough.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 12:15 pm

Programs: AS, DL, AA, UA, WN
Given that it's only about $200 more expensive r/t out of SFO (or approximately $100 each way), your best bet may be to book an open jaw SFO-SIN-SFO-LAX. It should come in around the midpoint of the two prices and saves you the worry of a separate ticket to LAX at approximately same additional cost. You can likely get away with skipping the SFO-LAX segment on the end.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 10:07 pm

Programs: UA, WN, HH
@whimike - will you have trouble getting the UA miles to post for the entire trip if you skip the last leg, or will you still get credit for all the previous legs flown?
Old Jun 23, 2012, 5:01 am

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by n3st0r
@whimike - will you have trouble getting the UA miles to post for the entire trip if you skip the last leg, or will you still get credit for all the previous legs flown?
I am afraid I don't know the answer to that on United. On AA, the miles post after each leg, hopefully UA is the same.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 1:27 pm

Programs: aadvantage
AA EQM

Originally Posted by kunk00
It is valid on Thursday of september. LAX-SFO-SIN-SFO-LAX
I I buy this ticket, can I boarding from SFO. It is a newbie question but I never do that. Is it possbile? The same period SFO-SIN-SFO is at least 1152. it is just ridiculous.
Excuse the (new to the mileage run) question.. but, on the example above while AA is the originating carrier, JAL is listed on the final two legs. Will I receive EQM for all legs? Asking because the "flight miles" is blank on all but the LAX-SFO leg.

Thanks,

Bob
Old Jun 24, 2012, 1:38 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by n3st0r
I am afraid I don't know the answer to that on United. On AA, the miles post after each leg, hopefully UA is the same.
You will get credit for miles flown on UA. No credit for flight not taken due to long lines in immigration and misconnect and then taking a bus to LA.

EmailKid

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.