Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

AA Noob questions: Earning Pqm without flying

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Noob questions: Earning Pqm without flying

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2018, 8:18 pm

I am about 1500 miles from reaching my mileage goal on American. I have already reached the dollar spend. How do I quickly go about earning 1500 miles. Does it have to be an actual mileage run or can it be soem purchase on the shopping portal
Old Oct 13, 2018, 8:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Is your goal status miles (for a status level and the associated benefits) or redeemable miles (for an award ticket)? The former requires that you actually fly while the latter would count miles earned from other purchases.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 3:53 pm

It is for status. I am 1500 miles short of the next status. I have satisfied the dollar spend required.. So I was wondering if i could purchase something on AA shopping and reach my requirement. Previous purchases have added to the base miles, so this should theoretically work.
What is the collective wisdom here?

ps. I dont know if I should be posting under this topic as it seems to be reply only thread
Old Oct 15, 2018, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by vkumar
It is for status. I am 1500 miles short of the next status. I have satisfied the dollar spend required.. So I was wondering if i could purchase something on AA shopping and reach my requirement. Previous purchases have added to the base miles, so this should theoretically work.
What is the collective wisdom here?

ps. I dont know if I should be posting under this topic as it seems to be reply only thread
Previous purchases must have been added to your redeemable miles (RDM) total, or award miles. You're looking for 1,500 of elite qualifying miles, and this can be done by flying, or with certain airline co-branded credit cards, you are given bonus elite qualifying miles after a certain level of spend.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 9:52 pm

I guess I will have to wait for my next trip to China to get tot he next level (Exec Platinum) . At least it will be good on my return trip. I was hoping to get an upgrade. Oh well.
Thanks Reppoc17 and MSPeconomist.

Last edited by vkumar; Oct 16, 2018 at 7:57 pm
Old Oct 18, 2018, 11:14 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
This is not an appropriate question for the Mileage Run Forum. However, since it has been asked and answered I am closing this thread.

Pat89339, Moderator
Mileage Run Forum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.