Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

HOT: AMEX Travel 2 Hour Sale (Until 4PM PT 12/15/2011): All Flight+Hotel 20% Off

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HOT: AMEX Travel 2 Hour Sale (Until 4PM PT 12/15/2011): All Flight+Hotel 20% Off

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2011, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Exclamation HOT: AMEX Travel 2 Hour Sale (Until 4PM PT 12/15/2011): All Flight+Hotel 20% Off

For the next 2 hours, well, 90 minutes now. AMEX Travel is having a 20% off sale for ALL flight and hotel packages through end of schedule.

Attention mileage runners: the flight and hotel packages allow you to select a different city in which you would like to stay. For example, if you book a flight from LAX-PEK but you can astral project yourself to stay at a $20 a night Howard Johnson in Las Vegas, NV, AMEX says no problemo

This will slash some $ off especially for those doing international runs.

Even if you are not running, it's still not a bad deal, if you have trips in mind.

There is no minimum. 20% off hotel and flight packages.

Book here:http://leisure.americanexpress-trave...main20,00.html

Use code AMEX20

Only bookable using an AMEX card.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 3:53 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by BlissWorld
For the next 2 hours, well, 90 minutes now. AMEX Travel is having a 20% off sale for ALL flight and hotel packages through end of schedule.

Attention mileage runners: the flight and hotel packages allow you to select a different city in which you would like to stay. For example, if you book a flight from LAX-PEK but you can astral project yourself to stay at a $20 a night Howard Johnson in Las Vegas, NV, AMEX says no problemo

This will slash some $ off especially for those doing international runs.

Even if you are not running, it's still not a bad deal, if you have trips in mind.

There is no minimum. 20% off hotel and flight packages.

Book here:http://leisure.americanexpress-trave...main20,00.html

Use code AMEX20

Only bookable using an AMEX card.
How do you do a strange hotel booking with the flight? was thinking of going to vegas this weekend, 7 AM flight there on Saturday, and a 12:45AM red eye back on monday, system says i need 2 nights of hotel, but really only need one....cant find a way to change that
Old Dec 15, 2011, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by xolinlevh
How do you do a strange hotel booking with the flight? was thinking of going to vegas this weekend, 7 AM flight there on Saturday, and a 12:45AM red eye back on monday, system says i need 2 nights of hotel, but really only need one....cant find a way to change that
Because your return date is the 3rd day. you need a redeye thats before 12AM then you can do it.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 4:14 pm

Hmmm...it seems that the number of nights stay (in the other city) has to equal the stay on the trip. Bummmer...
Old Dec 15, 2011, 4:20 pm

Programs: The Marina. Comic Relief. UA 1K and 1MM. MacBook Pro.
Those of you wanting to use this discount for luxury hotels or any hotel stay for which it makes financial sense, a 13-miler 3x flight only adds $49 USD of fat on the dates I'm looking for (personally). Your experience may be similar ^
Old Dec 15, 2011, 4:22 pm

Programs: AA, HHilton, Starwood
$500 seems to be the limit discounted. Tried a few destinations. I would love to be corrected in this case.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by FrankFlyer
$500 seems to be the limit discounted. Tried a few destinations. I would love to be corrected in this case.
Yes, it is.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 4:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO
Any thoughts on booking a $2,500 refundable fare with a cheap hotel stay and then cancelling for a voucher?
Old Dec 15, 2011, 4:31 pm

Posting wirelessly but, here's a thought

Maximum discount is $500 on $2500

Book a flight from some obscure airport maybe some Delta out post in africa or something to Vegas for $2485 + $15 hotel for total of $2,500
Pay $2000

Have flight worth $2485-$150 change $2335 or $335 profit for future travel

This used to work with similar deals don't know if will with Amex in particular

Even better any way to get refundable flights? I'd research more but won't be on computer before it's over
Old Dec 15, 2011, 4:38 pm

Programs: AA Plat,PC Plat, HHonors Gold
This would have been great if the hotel had been only part of the stay
Old Dec 15, 2011, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

There are some VERY good fares using this discount if you are only staying for 1 night/running especially with another person.

Some highlights:

LAX-LON on AA $650ish in January during triple EQM via ORD
YYZ (not MR worthy, but tickets are usually $$$$$$) is as low as $360 with hotel, in the middle of summer. AA tickets alone on aa.com go for $660.
MEX is another example.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 5:03 pm

WOW.

I just booked a 5 night trip in January to HNL w/ the GF round trip from DTW for $1644 all in after the discount staying at the Sheraton Waikiki. We hate the Michigan winter. I already had the dates off worked planned with KE cancelled my Palau trip. Total last minute to advance planning whatsoever...she'll be surprised.

I was debating doing an AA MR during this time for the double EQM, but this will get me 19K AA EQM plus a nice trip.

Last edited by vxmike; Dec 15, 2011 at 5:15 pm
Old Dec 15, 2011, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by fredpeckville
Posting wirelessly but, here's a thought

Maximum discount is $500 on $2500

Book a flight from some obscure airport maybe some Delta out post in africa or something to Vegas for $2485 + $15 hotel for total of $2,500
Pay $2000

Have flight worth $2485-$150 change $2335 or $335 profit for future travel

This used to work with similar deals don't know if will with Amex in particular

Even better any way to get refundable flights? I'd research more but won't be on computer before it's over
I just booked a LIH-Key West flight plus one night Super 8 in Romulus, MI for $2650. $500 discount - change fee - $40 hotel will still yield $300 profit. Wish one could book a refundable fare but I don't see a way.

7:24pm EST - all sold out!!! Was in the process of a 2nd LIH-EYW trip and couldn't apply the promo. Oh well thanks to Amex I saved $850 tonight!

Edit: checked Delta.com and my LIH-EYW flights booked into Y That'll be a $450 profit after the throwaway hotel. Total net cost for Hawaii x2 for five nights thanks to Amex - $1,200.

Last edited by vxmike; Dec 15, 2011 at 6:28 pm
Old Dec 15, 2011, 5:51 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

nm......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.