Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Delta prices went up overnight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta prices went up overnight?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2011, 7:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta
Unhappy Delta prices went up overnight?

I was pricing a number of flights yesterday and they all seem to have gone up overnight...in particular I was looking at flights from MSP to SJU for anytime in November / December. Yesterday they were $400'ish, today they're $600 and up.

Grrrr! Anyone else notice this? I'm hoping they drop again on Sunday or Monday. {sigh}

Trying to get 5,300 miles by the end of the year...MSP - SJU would have done it (via certain connections)...
Old Oct 28, 2011, 9:25 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
fares & awards wait for no one!....
Old Oct 28, 2011, 9:55 am
Suspended

Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"
Originally Posted by cargalmn
I was pricing a number of flights yesterday and they all seem to have gone up overnight...in particular I was looking at flights from MSP to SJU for anytime in November / December. Yesterday they were $400'ish, today they're $600 and up.

Grrrr! Anyone else notice this? I'm hoping they drop again on Sunday or Monday. {sigh}

Trying to get 5,300 miles by the end of the year...MSP - SJU would have done it (via certain connections)...
I would say it's :-: best in class :-: except that DL are by no means the only airline that does this. Fares are the most volatile consumer goods of all. This situation generates Yoda's wisdom on FT, you know:

@:-) Book now or repent at leisure.
@:-) The only MR you'll regret...is the one you didn't take

etc.
etc.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 9:59 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
usually happens on friday, if you can wait till monday midday, unless it is something for the holidays or something you HAVE to have
Old Oct 28, 2011, 10:24 am
Suspended

same by me but in my favor. I have a UA ecert that exps on 11/1 and I needed 4k more for 1K and I have a few SPG FRNs that needed to be used. Settled on PHX tried JFK-PHX and it was $288 , went to LGA-PHX and the flight times werent as good , went back to JFK and it went down to $278 grabbed it. Looked this morn but now it was $498 for an early Dec trip
Old Oct 28, 2011, 10:48 am

Delta usually matches Airtran, and Airtran promotion ended yesterday. That being said Delta increased fares before the day was gone. I bought a ticket for $139 at 3pm at 10PM it was $260 and I could still see Airtran at $139.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 11:09 am

Programs: AA, DAL, SPG, JBL, HH, ANA, AERO
Grr

Same deal, just venting. Needed to get to today to discuss dates to go LGA-MCO with my wife. Of course, just went on and.....GONE! Up $100. I'll try and wait it out for next sale again now I suppose since this is just leisure travel.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta
Thanks, I just feel better knowing I'm not alone. I KNEW I should have booked this without running it by the hubby. {hee-hee} I'm going to wait til Monday to see if they drop again!
Old Oct 29, 2011, 3:51 pm

Programs: DL PM
Thanks, I just feel better knowing I'm not alone. I KNEW I should have booked this without running it by the hubby. {hee-hee} I'm going to wait til Monday to see if they drop again!
If checking with hubby was the only thing stopping you, remember that you have (had) 24 hours to cancel a Delta ticket.
Old Oct 30, 2011, 10:34 am

Programs: DL SPG IHG
Exactly. If you see something you like, just book it. THEN ask your sweetie, etc. Can't decided between two sets of dates? Book 'em both, stat. THEN check your calendar and cancel the one you don't want within 24hours. You don't even have to call anyone--just click "cancel" on your DL itineraries page.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.