Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[Gone; T&C change?] AA $100 off Air+Hotel - great for 1-night MRs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Gone; T&C change?] AA $100 off Air+Hotel - great for 1-night MRs

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2011, 2:51 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
This situation seems to be a lesson in how an AA deal posted on a site with AApologists and makes the hot list for travel bloggers can kill a deal faster than would otherwise be the case.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 5:18 pm

Programs: US CP, MR Plat, SPG Plat, HHonors Gold, National X
I saw that at least one of the bloggers deleted his post regarding this deal (after it died) and the comments wouldn't work while the post was up!!

Is this "bloggers' remorse"..??
Old Oct 13, 2011, 5:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS, BA, AA
Originally Posted by GUWonder
This situation seems to be a lesson in how an AA deal posted on a site with AApologists and makes the hot list for travel bloggers can kill a deal faster than would otherwise be the case.
Yeah, I didn't get to make very many reservations - I thought I would have time today! Lesson learned...

Is there a top secret site with no AApologists or bloggers? PM me.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 6:03 pm

Yeah, the bloggers still won't get it though.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 6:45 pm

Programs: TK C+, AA/AS nothing, BA nothing
I tried to book something for the end of October and the AAVacations site forces a $25 Late Booking Fee! LOL
Old Oct 13, 2011, 8:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 1.5MM, AC
Using my registered Dollars Off coupon I booked a roundtrip SEA-ORD-MIA plus hotel for a 1-night trip for $299.20 net. Lowest airfare only for that date was $297 so I'm basically getting my hotel for free.

Had to call AAVacations as it wouldn't book online. The problem was that AAvacations has a 2-night minimum setup. Agent had to deconstruct the trip to get pricing for 1 night. Ended up paying $16 more for that. In the end, the coupon did work, though. Oh, and the agent made me forward my copy of the "thank you for registering" email that had the original T&C's.

The deal isn't the greatest but I'm excited about flying the 777 and 763 segments out of ORD because we don't see those planes in Seattle. Flights booked into "O" so there's no problems with EQM's.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 8:40 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Hyatt Gold Passport
I wasn't able to book my second trip online since I waited a bit too long, but called in and the AAgents were very helpful sorting it out and ultimately applied the discount.

If you received an email with the promo code before the T&C were updated with the $1000 requirement, I'd suggest laying out your itinerary and calling in to try and have the discount honored.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 1:41 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by abcx
Yeah, the bloggers still won't get it though.
Bloggers who want to generate more traffic to their own blogs have nothing to lose by deals coming and going faster than before, when it is that dynamic which will increase the frequency of a reader returning to the blog. The speed with which a deal comes and goes makes it all the more pressing for the blog audience readers to get in on the action by staying more on top of the latest deals.

"We have met the enemy, and he is us (sic)."
Old Oct 14, 2011, 1:51 pm

Bloggers who want to generate more traffic to their own blogs have nothing to lose by deals coming and going faster than before, when it is that dynamic which will increase the frequency of a reader returning to the blog. The speed with which a deal comes and goes makes it all the more pressing for the blog audience readers to get in on the action by staying more on top of the latest deals.

"We have met the enemy, and he is us (sic)."
Well said. ^
Old Oct 14, 2011, 2:57 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by Kinsale
...In the end, the coupon did work, though. Oh, and the agent made me forward my copy of the "thank you for registering" email that had the original T&C's...
Very good news. ^
Old Oct 15, 2011, 12:06 am

Great news! I was able to successfully complete the second booking (for my wife) I had started yesterday morning (after successfully booking my own $3.XX LAS-LAX-LAS overnight trip staying at Palace Station). AAgent was extremely helpful and once she verified that my wife had in fact registered for the promotion with the orignal terms and conditions, she was happy to complete the booking. (Note that airfare had gone up, but I had wisely held the itinerary we wanted on aa.com yesterday and the AAgent had no issue grabbing it and bringing it over to the AAVacations itinerary).

Good luck to all and this is one of the few times I would recommend actually calling!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.