Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

seeking DL run for 27K miles ex-MSY

Old Sep 25, 2011, 10:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: NW Gold and now Delta Gold

Been awhile since I've done this...hope I'm in the right forum. Got a couple of questions.

Looking for 27-28K MQM miles, open pretty much all of November and December except the last few days of each of those months. Don't mind a stopover, a few days at a destination etc. in fact, I prefer it. Open to suggestions...looked at the WAW thing but it wasn't close to enough miles.

Last time I did something like this MSY-MEM-LAX-HNL-SFO-DTW-LGW-DTW-MSP-PDX-HNL-LAX-MEM-MSY.
(For the humor value, anyone who wants to read the story of that trip can find it here: http://peachfront.diaryland.com/milespt1.html )
Pretty obviously that was Northwest and they had a culture of tolerating or even being entertained by mileage runs. The agents chuckled over my itinerary but they only offered to change it; they did not force me to, so I was able to do the run. I have heard rumors in the past that Delta does not support mileage runs, and they would shut down a trip like that pretty fast, resolving your itinerary to a much shorter run. So I'm thinking instead of Europe, I would need to be looking at an Asia or Australia run? I'm not looking for immediate turn-arounds, I actually prefer having a few days or at least a couple days at the destination.

Ultimately I would like to earn another 200,000 miles from all sources by June but let's bite off one chewy chunk at a time...

Thanks for any comments, suggestions, ideas. Also, if the rumors I've heard about Delta's attitude toward mileage runs are false or out-of-date, I'd appreciate knowing about it. But I don't think I've read of any crazy ladies flying to London via Honolulu on Delta, ha ha.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 3:45 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
I've had a DL agent change my LAX-JFK-ORF into an LAX-JFK-BOS-DTW-ORF at my request because of a VDB, so at least IME, they don't seem to have a problem mileage runs. Hell, she even booked me in full F for the bonus EQMs for the new legs instead of just processing an upgrade.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 5:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NW Gold and now Delta Gold
That's good to know. I think the rumors I heard about Delta are pre-merger and may not have any relevance now. People hate change, and the rumor mill was working overtime when we saw that Northwest was going to get gobbled up! I hope you are right, and they enjoy the mileage runners. Be that as it may, I've only done simple runs on Delta, such as the MSY-LAX-SYD-LAX-MSY deal they had summer 2010. I may need a little hand-holding for anything real involved.

I try to volunteer whenever I can to help out, since I don't work and usually have flexible plans, but in the last couple of years, I have not been needed. If I ever do succeed in getting another VDB, I'll be sure to mention that I am happy to go the long way around.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.