Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[Gone] DL: JFK-WAW $324ai (~3.5 cpm)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2011, 1:20 pm

Programs: DL DM; 2MM
AMS-WAW ... not !

After getting upgraded on my leg YVR-AMS to F and enjoying KLM's fine service, my flight AMS-WAW on 11/1 was approaching WAW airport when the aircraft had to turn around because Frederic Chopin Airport was being closed indefinitely due to the crash-landing of the LOT flight - inbound from EWR - just happening.
Back at Schiphol Airport - it being my favorite airport in the world anyway and the best place for long layovers and entertainment - the agents in the Crown lounge were quickly able to re-book me the same night to Berlin instead, which happened to be my final destination anyway.
Altho not required, I was handed plenty of compensation, including meal vouchers, miles and a Travel Discount Certificate towards future travel.

Hope that my next attempt in March will eventually get me to Warsaw as planned
Old Nov 17, 2011, 2:32 pm

Programs: Delta DM 2 Million Miler, Hilton DM, Priority Club Platinum

Congrats. Lots of excitement, heres hoping for more upgrades for FTers on this deal. . Flying next week..

Originally Posted by Travelomania
After getting upgraded on my leg YVR-AMS to F and enjoying KLM's fine service, my flight AMS-WAW on 11/1 was approaching WAW airport when the aircraft had to turn around because Frederic Chopin Airport was being closed indefinitely due to the crash-landing of the LOT flight - inbound from EWR - just happening.
Back at Schiphol Airport - it being my favorite airport in the world anyway and the best place for long layovers and entertainment - the agents in the Crown lounge were quickly able to re-book me the same night to Berlin instead, which happened to be my final destination anyway.
Altho not required, I was handed plenty of compensation, including meal vouchers, miles and a Travel Discount Certificate towards future travel.

Hope that my next attempt in March will eventually get me to Warsaw as planned
Old Nov 17, 2011, 2:41 pm

Programs: NW, UA
Originally Posted by anbhc
Anyone complete this trip yet and have any comments?
WAW MR Meetup Thread
Old Nov 21, 2011, 9:44 pm

Programs: Delta DM 2 Million Miler, Hilton DM, Priority Club Platinum

Anyones mileage run affected by Amsterdam fog?
Old Nov 21, 2011, 9:58 pm

Programs: DL GM, AMEX Business Platinum, AMEX Delta Reserve, DL SkyClub Member, Choice PM
Originally Posted by anbhc
Anyones mileage run affected by Amsterdam fog?
Not a mileage run ... but my wife is travelling back home from a visit to her parents/ family in India.

Her DELTA 57 flight BOM-AMS should have landed 7am at or be landing in AMS now.

The departing flight DELTA 259 AMS-MSP is at 10.45am Tuesday Nov 22.

Let's see how this gets affected.

Just seen/read/ recieved the Travel advisory on www.delta.com

Advisory: Flights to/from/through Amsterdam
Severe weather is expected to impact travel to, from, or through Amsterdam.
Last updated: November 21, 2011, 8pm EST (-5GMT)

Update at 11.07 pm Nov 21 CST:
Flight 57 on Tue, 22 Nov 2011 is now estimated to land at AMS at 6.58am Nov 22.
Flight 259 is now listed as departing as scheduled at 10.45 am Nov 22

Last edited by dd1612; Nov 21, 2011 at 10:07 pm
Old Nov 23, 2011, 4:49 pm

Programs: Delta KM/DM, Hyatt GP Plat, HHonors Gold
My MR just took a turn for the better. I was originally flying 12/1 XNA-ATL-YUL-CDG-WAW, then on 12/4 WAW-AMS-YYZ-DTW-XNA. This had me never leaving CDG and spending roughly 25 hours in WAW and 23 hours in AMS.

Got a call today and I'm needed for a meeting in Atlanta the afternoon of 11/30. Flying in the morning of 11/30 and back the same night was pricing out to $1137.

Instead I'm now flying XNA-ATL-CDG-WAW, WAW-AMS-ATL-XNA, completely dropping the Canadian legs. I get to ATL the morning of 11/30 then on to CDG the same night. I have close to 22.5 hours in CDG, 25 hours in WAW, and almost 20 hours in AMS. Making this change cost $728 (more than the original ticket) but even after the company pays the change fee and the Paris hotel, they're coming out ahead and I get a day in Paris and a more direct routing. The only downside so far is that EC is booked full on my CDG-ATL leg. I'm hoping that changes!

Oh, and here's the most interesting part (to me at least) - the original routing and this new routing both net exactly 11,495 miles.

Anyway, thought I'd share here. Most normal people would nod off about halfway through this explanation. Hopefully I haven't put you all to sleep.
Old Nov 24, 2011, 5:10 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by GoHogsAR

Instead I'm now flying XNA-ATL-CDG-WAW, WAW-AMS-ATL-XNA, completely dropping the Canadian legs.
Lucky you. I still have to brave thru YUL and YYZ Leaving for the airport in 2 hours to catch my first leg of the trip DCA-YUL.
Old Nov 24, 2011, 2:24 pm

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by bwiadca
Lucky you. I still have to brave thru YUL and YYZ Leaving for the airport in 2 hours to catch my first leg of the trip DCA-YUL.
Since the YUL-AMS flight was delayed enough to make the AMS-WAW connection questionable, I would have been able to switch routes for free, available:
YUL-CDG-WAW (adds couple 100)
YUL-ATL-CDG/AMS-WAW (adds a nice chunck ~2500)

Thought about doing the second one, but after taking the bus from PHL-JFK, then JFK-YUL, and sitting here all day, I'm exhausted and just want to take the shortest path.
Old Nov 25, 2011, 2:23 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1MM, Marriott Plat, SPG gold, Hilton Gold,Avis PS
Hey, are you guys calling DL to make the changes, or are you trying the "change flights" option in the records. My YYZ-JFK leg changed time, and is now yielding a very short connection from the AMS-YYZ flight. Even DL states in the record I may "miss my connection". I'll jump on the AMS-JFK flight if I can, but I don't want to "rock the boat" by calling if others have had issues.
Old Nov 25, 2011, 4:46 pm

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by nytracon
Hey, are you guys calling DL to make the changes, or are you trying the "change flights" option in the records. My YYZ-JFK leg changed time, and is now yielding a very short connection from the AMS-YYZ flight. Even DL states in the record I may "miss my connection". I'll jump on the AMS-JFK flight if I can, but I don't want to "rock the boat" by calling if others have had issues.
Change flights option was were I saw them, but I didn't end up changing.
Old Nov 25, 2011, 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by nytracon
Once you on-line reservation shows a possible "miss connection" you can call Delta and the agent should have plenty of leeway to change your flights...
Old Feb 3, 2012, 10:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP(.96MM), AMEX Platinum, United Premier Silver, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum 50, Hilton Gold VIP
i'm flying next week

had a schedule change from LAX-YVR-AMS-WAW to

LAX-AMS-WAW... great for me!
Old Feb 7, 2012, 6:32 am

I purchased $383 from JFK-WAW rt.

By the way. i got schedule changed from JFK to WAW. So, i do not want to go Montreal twice. that is why i chose from JFK to Paris non-stop flight operated by Air France. Return schedule is still same from WAW-CDG-YUL-JFK. If i lose a little miles is it OK for non-stop flight for free?
Old Feb 7, 2012, 6:44 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Kwang su
By the way. i got schedule changed from JFK to WAW. So, i do not want to go Montreal twice. that is why i chose from JFK to Paris non-stop flight operated by Air France. Return schedule is still same from WAW-CDG-YUL-JFK. If i lose a little miles is it OK for non-stop flight for free?
Welcome to Flyertalk. It's a personal call, but given how few miles it is from JFK to YUL, most people here would go for the nonstop.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 6:51 am

My original schedule is JFK-YUL-CDG-WAW

i do not like for departing early from JFK to YUL. So, i asked for volunteer changed from JFK to CDG nonstop flight instead of one more stop via YUL. Is it good choose for volunteer changed(reissed ticket)?

I have never been To AF and KLM. So, is it good serivce more than DL? MAybe oversold from CDG-YUL and JFK-CDG? These flights are A380. I wanna get the volunteer. haha...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.