Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(FARE GONE) Jk (*a): Msy/phl/lax/bos-bcn/mad $395.90 rt; 3.95 cpm

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(FARE GONE) Jk (*a): Msy/phl/lax/bos-bcn/mad $395.90 rt; 3.95 cpm

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2011, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by bhatnasx
Now, with that said, they have a right to cancel per their terms if it's not a valid fare. However, if a single person who booked this has their tickets honored (and it does seem some of the earlier bookers are having theirs honored - for example, two folks I know who booked through Travelocity that have had no issues and have received no contact indicating any issues whatsover, imply that this was, indeed, a valid fare.

PL is breaking its own rules here.
I have had so many maddening phone calls with PL CS. I told them the fares booked on Wed. have been honored, but those booked Thursday have been cancelled. They asked me who got their tickets honored and I said it is all over internet forums and twitter and they told me they couldn't believe anything on the internet.

Yeah, I guess like their posted fares and confirmations.
Old Jun 18, 2011, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by Montacute
... they told me they couldn't believe anything on the internet.
To be fair, that's pretty good advice.
Old Jun 18, 2011, 6:18 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, UA 1K (2MM)
This just makes me remember the BA - India ruling by DOT stating that the airline etc., was responsible for covering the costs already paid by the customers; so I assume Priceline, Orbitz etc., if they are cancelling them may be responsible for hotel costs etc. of whatever was already paid?
Old Jun 18, 2011, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by swested
To be fair, that's pretty good advice.
It really depends on the source. And a better response from PL would have been that they would investigate, being that they could check their own Wed. sales records.
Old Jun 18, 2011, 10:42 pm

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
just got an email from xp, subject line: Confirmation for your Madrid trip.
nothing seems to have changed, although i really dont see how they could cancel it after sending that email >48 hours after booking
Old Jun 19, 2011, 4:40 am

Programs: aa
Expedia booking from Friday 4AM CST

I received also email from EX that a confirmation was added to my reservation. It is also >48Hrs and reservation says Confirmed, have SpanAir ticket number, etc. But I can't pull up any info on the US Air at all now.

Originally Posted by frank_10b
just got an email from xp, subject line: Confirmation for your Madrid trip.
nothing seems to have changed, although i really dont see how they could cancel it after sending that email >48 hours after booking
Old Jun 19, 2011, 7:03 am

Programs: AS, AA, Hilton, Hyatt
Originally Posted by lubo_lou
I received also email from EX that a confirmation was added to my reservation. It is also >48Hrs and reservation says Confirmed, have SpanAir ticket number, etc. But I can't pull up any info on the US Air at all now.
Ditto here, same email but nothing has changed and still cannot pull up anything on USair. I also booked 2 tix on Thursday evening.
Old Jun 19, 2011, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

JK has reloaded the fare (didn't check all cities), but with a $420 YR. The fare for IAD-BCN is $128 per direction + $420 in YR + taxes - about $815 all-in.

Assuming the YR is the same thing as a YQ?
Old Jun 19, 2011, 7:52 am

Programs: AS MVP 75K, DL Diamond, LH SEN, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by bhatnasx
Assuming the YR is the same thing as a YQ?
It varies by airline. YR is usually labeled as "insurance" and in most cases can't be tricked.
Old Jun 19, 2011, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

ok - CO & UA have the similar base fare with a YQ...
Old Jun 19, 2011, 11:11 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA MM/Premier Gold, Hyatt Globalist,Hilton Honors Gold, IHG platinum, Club Carlson Gold
booked on expedia--all is well

booked phl-mad on expedia on june 16. confirmed on expedia, logged into usairways with ticket numbers, picked seats. So far all is well.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 8:31 am

Programs: Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by silver springer
booked phl-mad on expedia on june 16. confirmed on expedia, logged into usairways with ticket numbers, picked seats. So far all is well.
Same here. Hoping it stays this way.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 3:01 pm
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
I'm assuming since these autopriced in the GDS that Spanair has to eat it, not the ticketing agency via a debit memo.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 3:40 pm

Programs: AA,UA,DL
Originally Posted by Travelergcp
I'm assuming since these autopriced in the GDS that Spanair has to eat it, not the ticketing agency via a debit memo.

I've never gotten a debit memo for any autopriced fare. The GDS stands behind them.
I issued two last Wednesday and both are active on the US Airways site and have hit the credit card.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by Burghs
Just booked BOS-MAD, $350.70 a/i, through Travelocity. Strangely, the Spanair web site says my reservation is "ticketed," but shows only one BOS-PHL segment. The US Airways web site shows only the same segment.
Bumping this thread to see if anyone can suggest how to handle a reservation that Travelocity only partially ticketed with one BOS-PHL segment. My credit card has not been charged. How can I get Travelocity/Spanair/US Airways to honor the fare?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.