Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(FARE GONE) DL: DTW-HND &others $579 a/i 4.5cpm

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(FARE GONE) DL: DTW-HND &others $579 a/i 4.5cpm

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2011, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by ORDLEO
Hi,

With all these credit cards promo is leading me to unfamiliar grounds & airlines programs.

I am still deciding if to pull the trigger. How do I look up miles from Delta website. I checked the flight detail and still could not find it.

Thanks.
If you click on the flight number on the Delta website, it will open a popup window that lists the miles along with other flight information.
Old May 18, 2011, 10:35 am

Programs: DL Plat, US Gold
I just booked this as an add on from my work LAS trip at the end of July, out on Friday, and back Monday so only 1 day in Tokyo, but with the elite bonus, the promo bonus, this works out nicely and only added $240 to my DTW-LAS fare that was already going to be reimbursed to me. I am routing DTW-LAS on Wednesday, then LAS-LAX-HND on a Friday and HND-DTW the following Monday.

Question, it appears I do not need a visa for a less than 90 trip to Japan, so just a passport and that is it? I have not been to Japan before just Europe and Australia (where I did need a Visa).

Also, any suggestion for 26 hours in Japan?

Thanks for the heads up on this, as the MQM will definately help me push Platinum again this year as my fall and winter travel will be less this year.
Old May 18, 2011, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by cliburn
The PDF of the system schedule has mileage between cities.... or you can use one of the many online mileage calculators.
Try milecalc.com it lets you put in your status and other promos and also shows the CPM....
Old May 18, 2011, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by kss5555
Question, it appears I do not need a visa for a less than 90 trip to Japan, so just a passport and that is it?
Yes, free 90-day Visa sticker on arrival for US citizens (with bonus fingerprint and retina scan).

Originally Posted by kss5555
Also, any suggestion for 26 hours in Japan
Eat lots of great food.
Old May 18, 2011, 10:44 am

When I booked there was mention of a $170 per direction tax, but that wasn't factored into the price. That would have made it $579 + $340 = $919 which is pretty much what United charges. So it does seem like a fare mistake.

As for the 80 yen to the $1 debate. I checked hotel prices and they are cheaper now then when I was there when the yen was 100 to 1. Japan doesn't need to be that expensive. It can be. I've spent $400 on dinner in Tokyo. I've spent $7. When all's said and done, I can spend less per day in Tokyo than I can in San Francisco. I can spend less per day in Tokyo than just a cheap hotel room in New York.
Old May 18, 2011, 10:50 am

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Plat (lifetime)
Originally Posted by thepointsguy
Yes there are. I purchased tix June 3-8 and I am able to select EC for free as a DM. They are flying the 777LR, so its about as nice of a coach experience as you are going to get with Delta (especially in EC with 4 extra inches of legroom and 50% more recline)
FWIW: The flights out of DTW seem to be on 777ER not the LR editions
Old May 18, 2011, 10:53 am

Programs: Delta DM and 2 MM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Just booked this SLC-LAS [win back the fare] - LAX- HND - LAX - SLC for $589. For SLC flyers, you get back at 12:10 AM. So, it's possible to do one long day in Tokyo without need for a hotel...
Old May 18, 2011, 11:05 am

Programs: United 1K MM; Starwood Platinum; Hyatt Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Alaska 75K
United

Anybody find a deal on United to NRT?
Old May 18, 2011, 11:23 am

Programs: Delta Plat, USAirways Platinum, Marriott Plat Premier, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Haneda Airport Security

Happened to be working in Detroit area in June.

Planning a run from DTW - HND leaving on June 17th evening, arriving in HND at 10:30pm on June 18th, Saturday then take the next flight from HND to DTW on Sunday, June 19th departing at 6:55am.

Never been to HND.

Is it possible to stay in the terminal then check-in, get a boarding pass after clearing immigration? Ideally would like to get a few hours of sleep if there is airport hotel in the terminal and not having to go through security. Not planning on checking in luggage.

Greatly appreciate if someone can share their experiences.

Thanks!.
Old May 18, 2011, 11:26 am
Suspended

Fare gone?

Originally Posted by travfar
When I booked there was mention of a $170 per direction tax, but that wasn't factored into the price. That would have made it $579 + $340 = $919 which is pretty much what United charges. So it does seem like a fare mistake.
Old May 18, 2011, 11:29 am

Programs: UA GM/Hyatt Diamond/SPG Gold/HI Plat/HHonor Gold/Delta GM
Originally Posted by kolibri
If you click on the flight number on the Delta website, it will open a popup window that lists the miles along with other flight information.
Thanks for this info and the milecalc.com website. Both are useful for my calculation for mileage for Delta to get accurate miles to calculate MQM. I can only make a quick weekend run and not easy to find a hotel using points with my Hyatt/Priority Club points so still not decided.
Old May 18, 2011, 11:29 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by dieuwer2
Fare gone?
Fare from Chi just jumped from $590(as an hour ago) to $1340.
Old May 18, 2011, 11:30 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by hw711
Fare from Chi just jumped from $590(as an hour ago) to $1340.
Yes, thanks to travfar & The Dog (of course...) for alerting DL
Old May 18, 2011, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by dieuwer2
Yes, thanks to travfar for alerting DL
Yeah, like me pointing out what they tell me would alert them? Right.

Anyways, the fare isn't gone. I just priced it out again. It's still $579. Don't mistake the fare being sold out for a particular route with the fare being gone. You know that planes don't have an infinite number of seats right?
Old May 18, 2011, 11:34 am

Programs: Delta, AirTran, Marriott
First post, been lurking trying to learn. The wife and I want to do this before my last week of June shoulder surgery. She's in JAX and I teach forensics up in Lima, OH right now. We're not afraid to do any hops necessary.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be the best routings for us? I see the DTW listings. I'd like to be able to firgure out how to get us on one of these runs with y'all and have a group outing.

Thanks
Ryan

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.