FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   (FARE GONE) DL: DTW-HND &others $579 a/i 4.5cpm (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/1216621-fare-gone-dl-dtw-hnd-others-579-i-4-5cpm.html)

skchin May 17, 2011 9:09 pm

Great find!

SAT Lawyer May 17, 2011 9:09 pm

DL does have a double miles promotion for economy class travel to and from HND which overlaps with this fare. It applies to the segments between DTW and HND or LAX and HND in either direction. Connecting flights won't net the double miles, however.

http://dmn.delta.com/ace_offers/haneda/

TOUCH DOWN IN TOKYO
AND EARN MORE MILES

FLY NONSTOP FROM L.A. OR DETROIT TO
TOKYO-HANEDA AND GET UP TO TRIPLE FLOWN MILES.

Now you can register to earn triple flown miles for each BusinessElite® paid flight or double flown miles for each Economy Class paid flight between Los Angeles (LAX) and Tokyo-Haneda (HND)—service resumes June 2, 2011—or Detroit (DTW) and Tokyo-Haneda (HND)—service resumes June 16, 2011.

This offer comes at a great time, as we resume these two nonstop routes after confirming with several organizations—including the U.S. Embassy in Tokyo—that traveling to Japan is safe. And since Tokyo-Haneda offers a convenient location closer to the city center, you’ll save more time and money getting exactly where you need to be.

To take advantage of this offer, register by September 15, 2011, and then fly on these nonstop flights through September 30, 2011. Bonus miles may be earned for multiple trips during this promotion—even for one-way flights.
The terms and conditions:

Terms & Conditions

Eligibility: To participate in this worldwide public offer, you must be a new or existing SkyMiles member and enroll at delta.com/hndtokyobonus by September 15, 2011, and fly between the launch date of each new route and September 30, 2011. Members must register before taking a qualifying flight to be eligible for bonus miles.

Bonus Offer: Purchase and fly on Delta marketed/operated nonstop flights between Haneda/HND and Detroit/DTW or Los Angeles/LAX and earn triple flown miles for each paid BusinessElite® flight (fare classes J, C, D, S, I) or double flown miles for each paid Economy Class flight (fare classes Y, B, M, H, Q, K, L, U, T). Codeshare flights operated by carriers other than Delta are excluded from this offer. Bonus miles may be earned multiple times. One-way travel will also qualify for bonus miles. Bonus miles do not count toward Medallion® qualification or Million Miler™ status. Only the nonstop flights flown between Tokyo-Haneda andLos Angeles orDetroit will earn the bonus miles, connecting flights will not qualify for the bonus miles.

Travel Period: Travel must be between the start date of each new route and September 30, 2011. All travel must be completed by September 30, 2011.

Additional Restrictions: Bonus miles will post to the SkyMiles account of the qualifying member 6-8 weeks following the end of the promotion (September 30, 2011). All SkyMiles program rules apply. To review the rules, please visit Membership Guide & Program Rules. All Delta Sky Club® rules apply to Delta Sky Club membership and use. To review the rules, please visit delta.com/skyclub. Offers are void where prohibited by law. Other restrictions may apply. Offers are subject to change without notice. Bonus applies only to the traveling SkyMiles member. This offer cannot be combined with other Delta/SkyTeam® offers. Please refer Delta customer service representative to 97061848.

bemani21 May 17, 2011 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by iahphx (Post 16405058)
I think there's a chance on this one. AA was also awarded Haneda, so I'm sure their planes are empty, too. If DL lets this fare sit for at least a day or two -- and I think there's an excellent chance of that -- you may see some matches.

Of course, last I saw, the AA double mile bonus expires at the end of May, so it won't really be "mileage run" worthy. Just a good fare to a somewhat troubled, very expensive place.

True. Since I'm originally from Japan this is a superb deal for a flight home. But since I'm AA 1MM, I'm crossing my fingers AA would match this. If they don't I may be going home on DL this year instead of AA.

ThePointsCollector May 17, 2011 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by bemani21 (Post 16405395)
True. Since I'm originally from Japan this is a superb deal for a flight home. But since I'm AA 1MM, I'm crossing my fingers AA would match this. If they don't I may be going home on DL this year instead of AA.

I would love it if AA matches it.
Can I stay with you and your family when I fly to Japan?

bemani21 May 17, 2011 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by Bored_Russian (Post 16405417)
I would love it if AA matches it.
Can I stay with you and your family when I fly to Japan?

Haha. Only if you can find my family's house from the Airport (big challenge if you don't know your way around) and can somehow communicate with my family and especially my 84yr old grandmother who speaks Zero English. lol:p

I'm gonna keep my eyes open for next few days to see AA matches this. They've gotta... I know that big AA metal is empty... :D

SAT Lawyer May 17, 2011 9:34 pm

Thanks for sharing, cfwolfs. ^

I managed to book SAT-SLC-LAX-HND departing on a Friday at 6:30 p.m. and HND-DTW-SAT on a Monday, getting back by 11:00 a.m. Only a half-day off work and a full day to explore Tokyo. Even better, I'm set for two stacked double miles promotions: the double miles promotion for the HND transpacific segments and the "Get A Gift As A Silver Medallion Member" promotion. I should net approximately 14,806 MQM and 41,527 RDM for $600 ($550 of which was paid with e-certs).

Upperdeck744 May 17, 2011 9:37 pm

[QUOTE=SAT Lawyer;16405342]DL does have a double miles promotion for economy class travel to and from HND which overlaps with this fare. It applies to the segments between DTW and HND or LAX and HND in either direction. Connecting flights won't net the double miles, however.

I am shocked that they reinstated Haneda, but I see they are flying the 777 instead of 747 which were flying empty previously. Even more shocked that they reinstated the double miles bonus. Going to HND over July 4th weekend and will probably book another:D

ThePointsCollector May 17, 2011 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by SAT Lawyer (Post 16405447)

I managed to book SAT-SLC-LAX-HND departing on a Friday at 6:30 p.m. and HND-DTW-SAT on a Monday, getting back by 11:00 a.m. Only a half-day off work and a full day to explore Tokyo. Even better, I'm set for two stacked double miles promotions: the double miles promotion for the HND transpacific segments and the "Get A Gift As A Silver Medallion Member" promotion.

Does this one flight qualify as 6 segments if you have 2 stops overs?

ThePointsCollector May 17, 2011 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by bemani21 (Post 16405446)
Haha. Only if you can find my family's house from the Airport (big challenge if you don't know your way around) and can somehow communicate with my family and especially my 84yr old grandmother who speaks Zero English. lol:p

I'm gonna keep my eyes open for next few days to see AA matches this. They've gotta... I know that big AA metal is empty... :D

No problem. Have been to Toky twice and Narita once.
Whats your grandmas address? I will take her out to karaoke bar. I know a few songs from toons that my kids watched in asia.

here's my fave'..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xL75aBBar64

SAT Lawyer May 17, 2011 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by Bored_Russian (Post 16405470)
Does this one flight qualify as 6 segments if you have 2 stops overs?

I've already picked up my six qualifying segments pursuant to the "Get A Gift As A Silver Medallion Member" promotion. No stopovers for me on this excursion: just 26 hours in Tokyo.

rusrocket May 17, 2011 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by SAT Lawyer (Post 16405447)

I managed to book SAT-SLC-LAX-HND departing on a Friday at 6:30 p.m. and HND-DTW-SAT on a Monday, getting back by 11:00 a.m. Only a half-day off work and a full day to explore Tokyo. Even better, I'm set for two stacked double miles promotions: the double miles promotion for the HND transpacific segments and the "Get A Gift As A Silver Medallion Member" promotion. I should net approximately 14,806 MQM and 41,527 RDM for $600 ($550 of which was paid with e-certs).

Are you sure those 2 promotions can be combined?

xliioper May 17, 2011 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by pointy (Post 16404912)
DTW is Detroit. who knew ?

Well, I'd hope a Delta Diamond would at least know?!?

arfgoblue May 17, 2011 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by LBJ (Post 16405538)
Well, I'd hope a Delta Diamond would at least know?!?

i think they **may** have been a lil' bit of sarcasm in that post... ;)

runfit May 17, 2011 9:58 pm

Finally was able to book one! Thanks, OP! Great deal! I was able to get ROC-JFK-LAX-HND-DTW-ATL-ROC for a total of 16235 MQM and 47774 RDM (with the medallion bonus and the HND bonus) - all for $589! Thanks so much!

Denolloyd May 17, 2011 10:04 pm

Thanks OP. I just booked tix for the wife, my brother, and I for July 4th weekend ^