Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(FARE GONE) TK: HKG-IST-LAX $802 ai rt 2.4 cpm (Premium Econ)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(FARE GONE) TK: HKG-IST-LAX $802 ai rt 2.4 cpm (Premium Econ)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2012, 2:01 pm

Programs: UNITED 1P
so I have a one-way HKG-IST-LAX that I will fly on the last day of my ticket's validity. I want to have a stopover in IST. If i change the IST-LAX segment now, will that invalidate my ticket as my ticket will be then more than 1 year old? So is my best option to fly to IST first then call and change the IST-LAX segment? In addition, is the stopover free on a one-way ticket? Thanks!
Old Apr 15, 2012, 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by Santander
+1, if I had known at the time I flew my flights (I was one of the first ones) that I would be moving to HKG in a few months I probably would have booked at least 4 or 5. When I went there was no *G lounge at all. But TK is definitely near the top of my list of airlines to consider now for Asia-Europe or NA-South Asia.
I just booked TK CC HKG/IST/FCO/IST/HKG for end of August, US$1250 all in. Most PE fares from Asia/Europe are in the US$2,500 and above range. So TK still offering good deals via IST. The CC portion is only the HKG/IST and back. IST/FCO is economy class, but only a 2.5 hour flight. In IST, one can use lounge if you have *A gold card, which I got from A3 airlines from this one HKG/IST/LAX return $802 fare.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 2:47 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by nanirina
so I have a one-way HKG-IST-LAX that I will fly on the last day of my ticket's validity. I want to have a stopover in IST. If i change the IST-LAX segment now, will that invalidate my ticket as my ticket will be then more than 1 year old? So is my best option to fly to IST first then call and change the IST-LAX segment? In addition, is the stopover free on a one-way ticket? Thanks!
yea. change when you arrive istanbul. FWIW, let the checkin staff in HK know you're only checking in to IST. then you'll need to clear customs, go to departures in order to change your ticket at TK Ticketing. the queue shouldnt be too long that early in the morning. i only had 1 person in front of me and they had a few desks.
My ticket was changed and 2 stopovers added without any charges(not even additional taxes!) but that only speaks for my case... but i do remember FTers changing the one-way to a stopover at IST too.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 5:02 am

Programs: Club interjet; Airbnb
I am finally flying this. It seems like forever since I bought HKG-IST-LAX for my wife and me.

The flight HKG-IST was very nice for a kind of plush coach cabin, plenty of good food, decent recline and legroom.

We are in Cappadocia at the moment, starting three weeks in Turkey. It's a perfect time of year to be here.

I'll post more when I have actual computer access, not just my phone. What a wonderful deal, thanks again, OP!
Old Apr 17, 2012, 9:22 am

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by hiyo
I am finally flying this. It seems like forever since I bought HKG-IST-LAX for my wife and me.

The flight HKG-IST was very nice for a kind of plush coach cabin, plenty of good food, decent recline and legroom.

We are in Cappadocia at the moment, starting three weeks in Turkey. It's a perfect time of year to be here.

I'll post more when I have actual computer access, not just my phone. What a wonderful deal, thanks again, OP!
^ Cappadocia! That's one of the things my wife and I did when we were on out CC flight. Are you staying in a cave?
Old Apr 18, 2012, 2:51 am

Location: New Orleans on a sabattical. My roots are in Los Angeles.
Programs: Chase Palladium, AMEX Plat, UA Plat, AA EXP, HH/SPG G, PC plat
Originally Posted by jasonvr
^ Cappadocia! That's one of the things my wife and I did when we were on out CC flight. Are you staying in a cave?
oh I miss Cappadocia; it's awe inspiring. Haven't been there for 8 years or so...
Old Apr 19, 2012, 5:46 am

Programs: Club interjet; Airbnb
Originally Posted by jasonvr
We were cave dwellers ın Goreme, yes. What an amazing region. We are now in Konya. Turkey is pretty much exceeding expectations at every turn.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 12:23 pm

Programs: DL Gold
What RDM/EQM % were people getting when crediting to UA?

I took my flight in January and got 100%/150%. I believe I was booked in A.
Old May 7, 2012, 11:37 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Quick roundup after 1 complete trip

hi,

Just landed in IST for the first leg of my 2nd ticket (breaking for unknown time at this moment) - had the same crew from my flight last Friday. They were surprisingly much cheerier than the outbound flight!

I completed one roundtrip of this ticket last Friday and to round up my experience

Food onboard all 4 sectors: Good tasty food and presentation. Although I do find that the FA's are quite strict in fulfilling the request of Comfort class passengers. Eg. I asked for some earl grey/peppermint tea (which I know was available for Biz) and they told me they don't have it onboard. I think these are small things that they should not count especially for Comfort class passengers. only complain was bread was always the same.

Lounge in IST: Great lounge with great food. Only complain is the availability of the suites. Weird system that they don't put your name on list. was told that you had to go back and ask if it every does become free. Showers are also a bit of a problem especially in the early mornings (arriving from HKG). Other than that, a great lounge. [side note: manage to snap a suite after my flight today. Quite impressive room]

Seat: Great seat for the price and I think among the best Eco+ seat out there. I guess from what I see and read of the QF product, this could be on par. Although sadly, built quality seems to be a question. I believe all planes are about 1 year old, but already lots of wear and tear and buttons not working for recline, or foot rest, etc. On my flight today from IST-HKG, even one unoccupied seat had part of the footrest on the floor seat is comfortable, but had wish the recline was slightly more (120 deg?). Currently it is 110 deg as listed officially.

FA's: In general, shock to say, sometimes their attitude are worst compared to american FA's. No smiles and you hardly see them after service. All of them are behind the curtains. Only good impression is how they treat babies.. which they show care and affection. Other than that, I always feel that it is a chore for them to do the work. Only on the LAX-IST sector that I had an FA that showed some sort of love for her work.

Load: EC was full on the HKG-IST and IST-LAX sector. On the LAX-IST is was maybe 80% full and the IST-HKG was around 50%.

Main letdown: Transfer process in IST. It is sometimes like a jungle out there. Luckily wait is not too long, but still quite a bad impression. Too bad they don't have any fast track for business/*G. I do not see any work to improve this.

All in all for the price paid, I am very happy with the trip and of course biggest thanks goes to the OP who found the ticket and TK for honouring the tickets.

Best of flights to those still going to start the trip!

Cheers!

ps: on my last HKG-IST flight, they did offer an upgrade to Biz for 400 Euro. Did not take it. Though I noticed that lots of people did buy the upgrade at HKG to EC. Went completely full out.

FYI: The IST-LAX sector looks to be the longest in the TK network, followed by IST-GRU.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.