Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(FARE GONE) TK: HKG-IST-LAX $802 ai rt 2.4 cpm (Premium Econ)

(FARE GONE) TK: HKG-IST-LAX $802 ai rt 2.4 cpm (Premium Econ)

Old Apr 10, 2012, 12:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
See tour of Turkish Airlines Istanbul Lounge here.

I so wish I would have booked more tickets--this has been one of my favorite MRs.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 12:16 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by pbd456
have anyone had dinner in IST lounge? for my two trips HKG - IST - LAX, it was both at breakfast time. I am curious what type of food they serve during lunch/dinner!
That is strange, the LAX-IST flight lands late in the afternoon and the IST-HKG leaves late at night, it is strange that you said that both were at breakfast time. Only reason I can think of is that you were "stuck" in the LA time zone :P

Cheers!
Old Apr 10, 2012, 12:23 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
Originally Posted by nldogbert
That is strange, the LAX-IST flight lands late in the afternoon and the IST-HKG leaves late at night, it is strange that you said that both were at breakfast time. Only reason I can think of is that you were "stuck" in the LA time zone :P

Cheers!
I think he/she did 2 one-ways HKG-IST-LAX (which I did as well) and all were breakfast food. Their breakfast is simply amazing - puts Senator Lounge at FRA to shame!
Old Apr 11, 2012, 10:08 pm

have anyone had dinner in IST lounge? for my two trips HKG - IST - LAX, it was both at breakfast time. I am curious what type of food they serve during lunch/dinner!
Scroll about half way down this page. The tomato and has browns were from breakfast. Everything else is from lunch.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 10:14 pm

Programs: UA LM Airbnb
The IST *A lounge deserves all the love it gets definitely!!! I pulled an all nighter on the PS3's drinking the various teas on hand just so I would sleep sound on my LAX inbound flight. Worked like a charm. Had no jetlag after 2 weeks in Europe. A first for me. Thanks TK Lounge!
Old Apr 11, 2012, 10:34 pm

Programs: U/A premier 1K. UA 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Quote:

Had dinner, barbecued chicken and steak, home made pasta,salads, flat bread pizza made in their own ovens
Old Apr 12, 2012, 3:42 pm

Both my flights had an announcement that there would be no nut service to due passengers with allergies. Did anyone else have this?
Old Apr 13, 2012, 7:37 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Thanks... steak is what I want for dinner at IST lounge.
yes. i did TWO HKG IST LAX, and ZERO LAX IST HKG so far.
i have one plan in Dec for LAX - IST and then IST - HKG on Jan 13.
because of the great time people have at the lounge. I will book some award tickets flying out of IST during dinner time during my 2 weeks stopover in IST!
Old Apr 13, 2012, 7:39 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
See tour of Turkish Airlines Istanbul Lounge here.

I so wish I would have booked more tickets--this has been one of my favorite MRs.
i concur..... Great fare, Great deal!
Old Apr 13, 2012, 8:11 pm

Programs: U/A premier 1K. UA 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Thanks... steak is what I want for dinner at IST lounge.
yes. i did TWO HKG IST LAX, and ZERO LAX IST HKG so far.
i have one plan in Dec for LAX - IST and then IST - HKG on Jan 13.
because of the great time people have at the lounge. I will book some award tickets flying out of IST during dinner time during my 2 weeks stopover in IST!
forgot to mention the enormous dessert bar with home made cakes, cookies, pastries, made to order expresso bar.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 6:56 pm

Programs: UA, DL, AA, Aegean Air, Cal Alumni (go Bears!)
IST lounge for Comfort Class pax

Originally Posted by tracon
I'm back from this trip.
Excellent experience. Thanks to the OP for finding this one.
The lounge in IST is one of the most interesting lounges I've been to.
Some pictures of the trip for those who would like to reminisce.
So do you have THY status, pay to go in or are they letting CC passengers in the lounge?
I leave on my LAX-IST leg Monday, 4/16, then IST-HKG on 4/24. Did the other direction last August. Flights were a dream.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 7:15 pm

How to gain lounge access?

I understand to get into IST lounge, you have to scan your boarding pass which will open the door to lounge. I'm flying Comfort Class on TK later this year, and I have a gold card from *A A3 airlines, which should enable me to get into lounge. Is there a way to get the magic code onto my TK boarding pass that will enable entry into lounge at IST?

Are there any lounge dragons guarding the entry?
Old Apr 15, 2012, 9:34 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
seems like i missed out on the TK lounge.... because i wasnt a *G so i went to HSBC's. dont tell me CC pax can go in unofficially!
Old Apr 15, 2012, 11:04 am

Programs: CO Platinum / BA Gold
No, comfort class pax don't get lounge access. Only Business or *Gold.

If your pass doesn't work for entry then there are lounge dragons at the desk who will fix it for you.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 11:42 am

Programs: UA 1K, AZ Exec, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
+1, if I had known at the time I flew my flights (I was one of the first ones) that I would be moving to HKG in a few months I probably would have booked at least 4 or 5. When I went there was no *G lounge at all. But TK is definitely near the top of my list of airlines to consider now for Asia-Europe or NA-South Asia.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.