Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(FARE GONE) TK: HKG-IST-LAX $802 ai rt 2.4 cpm (Premium Econ)

(FARE GONE) TK: HKG-IST-LAX $802 ai rt 2.4 cpm (Premium Econ)

Old Mar 20, 2012, 11:06 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by friendlyplanet
Why bother spending the miles? Just wander up to the business class with a drink and plop yourself down in an empty seat- that's what I saw someone do on my TK flight from IST to LAX (admittedly, he seemed to know the person he sat down next to).

Also had 2 people from economy visit Comfort class, and flight attendant only went over to them to ask if they needed a refill!

As long as people seem to be having a good time, the flight attendents did not seem to care- and after some good food and drink, I didn't care either...

Friendly
The FAs on my flight were always on the watch for people who sneak in. I didn't even notice that a guy sat behind me before the FAs began talking to him and asking him to leave. It actually woke up from my sleep...
Old Mar 20, 2012, 11:45 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by nov11
All my flights were posted as A and I received 120% RDM and 150% EQM
my A fare has not yet posted... oh 150% again... i am far above 100K this year again...
another U fare LAX - IST (Dec) - HKG (Jan) to prepare for 2013 status!
Old Mar 20, 2012, 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by blackmamba
The FAs on my flight were always on the watch for people who sneak in. I didn't even notice that a guy sat behind me before the FAs began talking to him and asking him to leave. It actually woke up from my sleep...
i think at Hkg, i saw some guy sneak in... at IST, they put a sign saying the seat has no passenger.. not sure if it matters as people can take it down!
Old Mar 21, 2012, 12:09 am

Programs: UA 1K, AZ Exec, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by friendlyplanet
Also had 2 people from economy visit Comfort class, and flight attendant only went over to them to ask if they needed a refill!
I noticed the same thing on one of my IST-LAX flights. The intruders were sent back by the purser though because there was some complaint about people coming to sit in CC for free.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 9:50 pm

Programs: UNITED 1P
has anyone had luck in changing the ticket's validity to beyond 1 year after flying the first segment? thx.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 9:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
We are flying tomorrow night (ex-HKG)! I'm wondering anyone's on the board for tomorrow - looking for someone to guest us into the lounge as well
Old Mar 21, 2012, 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by nanirina
has anyone had luck in changing the ticket's validity to beyond 1 year after flying the first segment? thx.
i changed to within 1 year after the first segment, but 1 year AFTER when it was ticketed. easy to do. did it at JFK in 5 minutes.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 3:09 am

Originally Posted by pbd456
i changed to within 1 year after the first segment, but 1 year AFTER when it was ticketed. easy to do. did it at JFK in 5 minutes.
thx. Will try changing it at TK's counter at IST first.

BTW I wasn't able to get the departure tax refund because my plane ticket only had my middle initial rather than the full middle name. I was kind of pissed off about this.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
The ticket is not valid beyond 1 year from the date of first travel.

Even if you succeed in luring a TK agent to change the flight dates, you will face the risk of being unable to check-in and denied check-in/boarding as the ticket has expired by then. Just a word of caution but it is up to you...
Old Mar 23, 2012, 6:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by pbd456
i changed to within 1 year after the first segment, but 1 year AFTER when it was ticketed.
This should not be a problem at all; perfectly valid.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 11:25 pm

Has anyone flown this trip since the UA/CO merge and had the miles posted? Did it still post as A with extra EQM? and also was it posted using UA's old number or CO's old number assuming Tk doesn't recognize the new UA #.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 3:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by nanirina
Has anyone flown this trip since the UA/CO merge and had the miles posted? Did it still post as A with extra EQM? and also was it posted using UA's old number or CO's old number assuming Tk doesn't recognize the new UA #.
Yes, used new number last week, A was extra
Old Mar 24, 2012, 5:49 am

Programs: CO Platinum / BA Gold
This year there was at least one case reported on Flyertalk of additional erroneous EQM (in that case, for someone who had their class changed during IRROPS) being removed by United after the end of the year.

So, don't rely on any extra incorrect bonus PQMs for your qualification budget. They may get retroactively fixed.
Old Apr 8, 2012, 10:08 pm

I'm back from this trip.
Excellent experience. Thanks to the OP for finding this one.
The lounge in IST is one of the most interesting lounges I've been to.
Some pictures of the trip for those who would like to reminisce.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by tracon
I'm back from this trip.
Excellent experience. Thanks to the OP for finding this one.
The lounge in IST is one of the most interesting lounges I've been to.
Some pictures of the trip for those who would like to reminisce.
have anyone had dinner in IST lounge? for my two trips HKG - IST - LAX, it was both at breakfast time. I am curious what type of food they serve during lunch/dinner!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.