Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(FARE GONE) TK: HKG-IST-LAX $802 ai rt 2.4 cpm (Premium Econ)

(FARE GONE) TK: HKG-IST-LAX $802 ai rt 2.4 cpm (Premium Econ)

Old Mar 5, 2012, 5:07 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
Originally Posted by rankourabu
whoa thats encouraging, I am on an A fare next week. Free wifi? Sign me up!
All my flights were posted as A and I received 120% RDM and 150% EQM
Old Mar 5, 2012, 6:20 pm

Programs: Club interjet; Airbnb
Originally Posted by nov11
All my flights were posted as A and I received 120% RDM and 150% EQM
To what airline program did you credit your miles? Thanks.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 6:24 pm

I called TK today to have my "new" 8-digit alphanumeric Mileage Plus number put on my reservation. I gave the ticket number and it was changed, no problem.

I also was able to get seat assignments for the flights, in April and May.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 8:53 am

Programs: BA GGL, UA 1K, AC 35K, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I'm glad this thread still lives on...ah the memories of doing this trip 3.5 times back to back last summer. Memories...
Old Mar 9, 2012, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by rankourabu
Free wifi? Sign me up!
+1
Old Mar 9, 2012, 9:06 am

Programs: UA Gold/0.756MM, WN ALP, Hyatt Diamond, MR Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC,AA Gold
Originally Posted by huntk
I'm glad this thread still lives on...ah the memories of doing this trip 3.5 times back to back last summer. Memories...
+1, granted, only a 1 way for us, but still ^ Great deal for a cool vacation.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 5:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K; HH Gold; *Wood Gold
^ Undoubtedly the best mr I ever did. Very sorry I didn't book more. It's an excellent product.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 6:01 pm

Did anyone try a *A upgrade to Business with United miles? Outcome?
Old Mar 10, 2012, 5:34 am

Programs: DL Gold
Requested mileage credit via e-mail to CO about 2 days before the integration. Wonder what the chances are it'll post without me following-up. Slim? Or none?
Old Mar 10, 2012, 10:23 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Silly question but seems like no one can answer. There might be an answer but this thread is way too long to read all.

I'm trying to book JFK-IST-HKG (or NRT) on Comfort, a simple RT ticket, not a problem on airlines' website. But the website seems to have trouble pricing out stopover, for example staying in IST for 2-3 days by using multicity option. It ends up spitting out economy on all sectors, a few other dates and combinations would yield 1 or 2 premium economy segments (A, O, or U).

Finally, one compromise was doing open jaw, outbound ORD-IST(stop)-HKG, return HKG-IST-JFK with ORD-IST economy and the rest Comfort Class. BTW, this is going before Xmas and return after new year.

Is calling TK the best way for booking Comfort with stopover? I prefer not given the feedback from others who have tried (waste of time).
Old Mar 11, 2012, 12:28 am

Programs: UA Gold/0.756MM, WN ALP, Hyatt Diamond, MR Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC,AA Gold
Originally Posted by vincewy
Silly question but seems like no one can answer. There might be an answer but this thread is way too long to read all.

I'm trying to book JFK-IST-HKG (or NRT) on Comfort, a simple RT ticket, not a problem on airlines' website. But the website seems to have trouble pricing out stopover, for example staying in IST for 2-3 days by using multicity option. It ends up spitting out economy on all sectors, a few other dates and combinations would yield 1 or 2 premium economy segments (A, O, or U).

Finally, one compromise was doing open jaw, outbound ORD-IST(stop)-HKG, return HKG-IST-JFK with ORD-IST economy and the rest Comfort Class. BTW, this is going before Xmas and return after new year.

Is calling TK the best way for booking Comfort with stopover? I prefer not given the feedback from others who have tried (waste of time).
This thread is not meant for questions about TK CC in general (TK forum would be better for that, although I see you posted there with no answer). This thread is about a very specific deal for a CC fare. Any difficulties experienced in this thread are a result/consequence of the deal. If you are booking a standard ticket, just go ahead on call TK, or alternately use something like Expedia to book
Old Mar 13, 2012, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Thanks again to whoever posted the HK departure tax refund, easily done, HKD 120 now in my pocket.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 4:20 am

Programs: CO Platinum / BA Gold
Thanks from me too! The ladies at the TK ticket desk can print out an receipt showing the departure tax but you might get shorter lines having it printed in another city.

I'm now 2/6 flights in and still enjoying this. CC is remarkable for the price, even the regular price. The only problem is getting to IST in the first place on one of their inter-European services which are OK but not in the same league.

Last edited by rruaco; Mar 16, 2012 at 8:05 am
Old Mar 18, 2012, 2:27 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Originally Posted by hiyo
This fare was not eligible for *A upgrades.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 9:52 pm

Programs: UA Premier Exec; AA Platinum; SPG Gold; PC Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by hiyo
Why bother spending the miles? Just wander up to the business class with a drink and plop yourself down in an empty seat- that's what I saw someone do on my TK flight from IST to LAX (admittedly, he seemed to know the person he sat down next to).

Also had 2 people from economy visit Comfort class, and flight attendant only went over to them to ask if they needed a refill!

As long as people seem to be having a good time, the flight attendents did not seem to care- and after some good food and drink, I didn't care either...

Friendly

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.