Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(FARE GONE) TK: HKG-IST-LAX $802 ai rt 2.4 cpm (Premium Econ)

(FARE GONE) TK: HKG-IST-LAX $802 ai rt 2.4 cpm (Premium Econ)

Old Jan 20, 2012, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by x1achilles
Has anybody gone on an international side trip during their stopover in Istanbul? I would love to go to someplace interesting in mideast or E. Africa if the price was right. Couldn't find any low fares out of IST on TK though. I'll be there 8Mar-15Mar.
Thanks
Just came back from doing a couple of days in Athens ex-IST. Flew A3, very good inflight product in regular economy on A320s for an hour-long flight. Fast track for STARGolds at both IST and ATH for passport control (at IST) and security (at ATH since this is done at the gate at IST). Just beware of strikes in Athens as I was caught in one on the Metro, turning a E8 trip back to the airport into a E42 cab ride! All in fare was about $200 but had to be booked through Orbitz and not A3 site which doesn't seem to work for non-residents. Also note cheapest fare is U and doesn't earn miles in all STAR programs.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 7:53 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
there is an overnight train to Sofia.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 6:17 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by pbd456
my miles posted in two days for CO account. i asked them to enter when i checked-in. it is curious that my boarding pass didnt say *G while it said *G for others (ie OZ *G) but my boarding pass had only CO.
MyBP also had no record of *G, only LHFT note. Miles yet to be posted.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 11:34 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG
Bump opportunity info for anyone so inclined...

I recently flew another one of these and the HKG-IST was oversold. Since i was going to LAX, they offered me a VDB with protection on CX HKG-LAX, but they were also willing to protect me on a *A carrier in business.

They ended up not needing my seat. Other than the upgrade, it doesn't sound like TK pays any VDB comp.

FYI, the VDB was offered to me when i checked in at the city terminal in Kowloon. I think they had enough takers for the CX option, which is why they didn't need my seat.

p.s. it's probably been mentioned before, but if you're looking for a way to get your boarding pass before the TK counter opens at 8:15pm (to access the *G lounges), the HKG city terminal is a quick trip and only 90 HKD for the round trip same-day train ticket.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 3:25 am

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
Flying from IST-LAX right now -- very impressed with comfort class...

Wifi on this flight is free and great.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 5:55 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by bworrell
Flying from IST-LAX right now -- very impressed with comfort class...

Wifi on this flight is free and great.
Wifi was advertised but did not work on my HKG-IST segment and CC was not able to explain to us why
Old Jan 26, 2012, 3:35 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by honzeek_cz
Wifi was advertised but did not work on my HKG-IST segment and CC was not able to explain to us why
I only noticed a "coming soon" notice on my HKG-IST segment. On this (still on the flight) IST-LAX segment there is a big sticker advertising Live TV and Wi-Fi" in the front of the EC cabin. Sure enough a hotspot with SSID "Turkish Airlines" was there and I was able to connect (have to enter a captcha and agree to T&C).
Old Jan 29, 2012, 12:36 am

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
Just got an email from Expedia saying my flights in 3 days time are confirmed, even though I cancelled it some months ago and got a cancellation email - is this normal? Itinerary is still showing up on EXPEDIA also...
Old Jan 29, 2012, 6:11 am

Programs: UA 1K, A3 GLD, AC ELT; AA EXP | SPG PLT, PC PLT, Hilton GLD, Hyatt PLT | National EXEC, Hertz 5*
That also happened to me. I even got my cashback though I cancelled it

As long as your credit card wasn't charged, you should be fine. You could contact TK to double check.

Originally Posted by Rebound
Just got an email from Expedia saying my flights in 3 days time are confirmed, even though I cancelled it some months ago and got a cancellation email - is this normal? Itinerary is still showing up on EXPEDIA also...
Old Jan 29, 2012, 2:10 pm

Programs: Mega Bus Plaid; Southwest Airlines Ruby and Bates Motel Platinum
Upcoming Trip

Is anyone on the Feb 7th or 9th HKG-IST leg or the Feb 11th IST-LAX leg? If so, PM me. I was originally on the 8th from HKG to IST, but TK cancelled that day and I haven't decided on whether to fly on the 7th or 9th.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 11:30 pm

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
Yeah its definitely cancelled with TK (I quoted the TK E-Ticket Number) - Expedia Online must be borked.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 11:53 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
Just came back from my final HKG-IST-LAX flight. Surprisingly, my flights booked in U is credited as A on CO and I received 120% RDM and 150% EQM for HKG-IST (IST-LAX hasn't post yet)! ^ . If only they credited at the same ratio last year - I'd get more lifetime miles. Complimentary wifi on both flights although the wifi didn't work properly on HKG-IST which isn't bad since it's a redeye.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 7:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
mmmh made some calls last night to change the 1st departure date of my ticket. US hung up on me, the 1-800 number and IST went off to check fare rules for a reprice, and UK couldnt find the fare rules. might still HKG as well but got a bit clueless of where to call..
anyone? (o btw, i bought mine thru TK directly)

edit: a quick call to HKG fixed it all

Last edited by kaka; Mar 2, 2012 at 7:22 pm
Old Mar 5, 2012, 11:56 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Silver; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Originally Posted by kaka
mmmh made some calls last night to change the 1st departure date of my ticket. US hung up on me, the 1-800 number and IST went off to check fare rules for a reprice, and UK couldnt find the fare rules. might still HKG as well but got a bit clueless of where to call..
anyone? (o btw, i bought mine thru TK directly)

edit: a quick call to HKG fixed it all
Could not change the first segment with US office: 1 lady told me about full reprice (current fares) and the other (man) told me I needed to go to HKG airport desk as they cannot change this ticket on phone as it is too old, but the change I wanted is possible.

Finally decided to use the first segment when was booked.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by nov11
Just came back from my final HKG-IST-LAX flight. Surprisingly, my flights booked in U is credited as A on CO and I received 120% RDM and 150% EQM for HKG-IST (IST-LAX hasn't post yet)! ^ . If only they credited at the same ratio last year - I'd get more lifetime miles. Complimentary wifi on both flights although the wifi didn't work properly on HKG-IST which isn't bad since it's a redeye.

whoa thats encouraging, I am on an A fare next week. Free wifi? Sign me up!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.