Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(FARE GONE) TK: HKG-IST-LAX $802 ai rt 2.4 cpm (Premium Econ)

(FARE GONE) TK: HKG-IST-LAX $802 ai rt 2.4 cpm (Premium Econ)

Old Jan 14, 2012, 11:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K, A3 GLD, AC ELT; AA EXP | SPG PLT, PC PLT, Hilton GLD, Hyatt PLT | National EXEC, Hertz 5*
You don't even need to talk to anybody...

DIY is simple. Scan your BP with *G printed, then you are good to go...

Originally Posted by nanirina
Dont' know how strict the IST lounge dragons are, but the LH/MLL ones I've been to lately they've all required the physical card. I didn't have a physical card once in Vancouver MLL and was denied access even though I had a printout of my status as well as the *G printed on my boarding pass.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 5:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat
add stopover

I booked a OW (HKG-IST-LAX), A fare through Expedia in April. I want to add a stopover, but everytime I call either Expedia or TK directly, they tell me there's no availability. Would I be able to fly the first leg (HKG-IST) and then speak to a CSR at IST to add a stopover without triggering a re-fare? Is there a better way to add a stopover?

I apologize if this has been answered before, I've read the whole thread but seemed to get conflicting answers. Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 16, 2012, 5:45 pm

Programs: UA, DL, AA, Aegean Air, Cal Alumni (go Bears!)
Originally Posted by moseslin
I booked a OW (HKG-IST-LAX), A fare through Expedia in April. I want to add a stopover, but everytime I call either Expedia or TK directly, they tell me there's no availability. Would I be able to fly the first leg (HKG-IST) and then speak to a CSR at IST to add a stopover without triggering a re-fare? Is there a better way to add a stopover?

I apologize if this has been answered before, I've read the whole thread but seemed to get conflicting answers. Thanks in advance!
If you're on the Comfort Class fare you can change in advance assuming that your stopover is IST. I changed my IST-LAX leg when I checked in in HKG. They did send me to the reservations desk. The check in agents are all HK contract employees, I believe, and they were kind of clueless about fare issues.

Since I have flown HKG-IST-LAX in Aug, I have changed the return flight LAX-IST-HKG twice due to my business schedule. Both of those times I called through the US TK 800 reservations number. There is no fare recalc.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 12:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by x1achilles
If you're on the Comfort Class fare you can change in advance assuming that your stopover is IST. I changed my IST-LAX leg when I checked in in HKG. They did send me to the reservations desk. The check in agents are all HK contract employees, I believe, and they were kind of clueless about fare issues.

Since I have flown HKG-IST-LAX in Aug, I have changed the return flight LAX-IST-HKG twice due to my business schedule. Both of those times I called through the US TK 800 reservations number. There is no fare recalc.
awesome. thanks for the quick reply ^
Old Jan 18, 2012, 10:32 pm

Programs: Mega Bus Plaid; Southwest Airlines Ruby and Bates Motel Platinum
Schedule Change

I received a call this PM from Expedia...where I booked my ticket through. Apparently, TK has dropped the Monday and Wednesday route of the HKG-IST leg for a date in Feb when I am scheduled to travel. Has anyone else encountered this? Did they accomodate you with an acceptable workaround?
Old Jan 19, 2012, 12:25 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by muflyer
I received a call this PM from Expedia...where I booked my ticket through. Apparently, TK has dropped the Monday and Wednesday route of the HKG-IST leg for a date in Feb when I am scheduled to travel. Has anyone else encountered this? Did they accomodate you with an acceptable workaround?
I guess there is not much options, you can either
- change your dates
- or if you are going to be "stuck" in IST, you can request for accomodation to be provided
- or (highly unlikely) request to fly to their nearest station to HKG and continue from there with another *A partner [even if they do, the *A partner segment will most probably in coach/economy]
- or cancel your ticket for a refund.

I believe these are your available options, I do not see any others since they have given you notice ahead of time.

I could still see flights operating on these days for the whole of Feb according to their website timetable.. so it is a strange note. maybe you should call TK to verify.

Cheers!
Old Jan 19, 2012, 12:47 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
i booked one round trip and one one-way via Expedia.

I have flown the outbound on the round trip.

should i call XP or TK to change my return segment?
it can be change to dec 2012, right? since it is within one year of the outbound, and i can add a stopover in IST when i make the change without a fare increase as well, right?

the one-way can only be changed via luck because i could get a re-price, and it has to be within one year of the ticket issue even if i am lucky and wont get a re-price.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by muflyer
Apparently, TK has dropped the Monday and Wednesday route of the HKG-IST leg for a date in Feb when I am scheduled to travel. Has anyone else encountered this? Did they accomodate you with an acceptable workaround?
[KVS Availability Tool 6.9.0/Diamond - Amadeus: Timetable/NL-BCDF]
Code:
HKG  Hong Kong Intl HK [VHHH]
IST  Istanbul Metro / Ataturk TR = IST SAW [LTBA]
SUN  05 Feb 2012 - 12 Feb 2012

Carrier    Flight  From  Depart    To    Arrive    A/C  St  Frequency | Dur'n | Dep T | Arr T | Effect | Ending | Exceptions
---------  ------  ----  --------  ----  --------  ---  --  ----------------------------------------------------------------
TK         71      HKG   23:15     IST   05:25 +1  77W  0   -2-4567     12:10       1       I   12 Nov   23 Mar
yup its gone, after 24 March, Saturday gets the axe
Old Jan 19, 2012, 5:09 pm

Programs: UA, DL, AA, Aegean Air, Cal Alumni (go Bears!)
Side trips from IST

Has anybody gone on an international side trip during their stopover in Istanbul? I would love to go to someplace interesting in mideast or E. Africa if the price was right. Couldn't find any low fares out of IST on TK though. I'll be there 8Mar-15Mar.
Thanks
Old Jan 19, 2012, 8:09 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Gold, M&M FTL, QR Gold, HH Diamond, PCR Platinum
Depending what your interests are, Athens, Sofia and Bucharest are <1hr away, served with 2-3 flights per day from IST.

In first weeks of March I would spend few days in Bucharest and the Prahova Valley, just 2-3 hours drive-time.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 10:53 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
first leg flown

Just chillin in the very cool THY lounge waiting to go to city for a lunch with friend and then continue with my onward flight to Prague in late evening. Thumbs up to TK, really cool product. There were many TR so no new info here, plane was packed in all 3 classes, 2 empty seats in EC. Only downside was straight to bus deboarding in IST, but apart from that, just perfect.

I am just curious, does anyone here flown both TK in EC and AF in their PV? Just would like to know how those two compare, because as this might have been mistake fare, with decent price, TK guys won me over for leisure travel :-)

Flew China Southern from MEL to CAN prior to this flight, and their business class is a joke compared to EC on TK (apart from the better seat of course).

Can't wait to fly next part sometimes later this year :-)
Old Jan 20, 2012, 6:21 am

Programs: DL Gold
I traveled 1 week ago, and had entered my CO info in my Expedia itinerary. Post-travel, my Expedia itinerary had no record of my CO #. No miles have posted yet.

Could my FF # have been wiped out during check-in? Will I likely have to follow-up to get the miles posted?
Old Jan 20, 2012, 6:35 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by hotelmotel
I traveled 1 week ago, and had entered my CO info in my Expedia itinerary. Post-travel, my Expedia itinerary had no record of my CO #. No miles have posted yet.

Could my FF # have been wiped out during check-in? Will I likely have to follow-up to get the miles posted?
my miles posted in two days for CO account. i asked them to enter when i checked-in. it is curious that my boarding pass didnt say *G while it said *G for others (ie OZ *G) but my boarding pass had only CO.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 6:43 am

Programs: DL Gold
Originally Posted by pbd456
my miles posted in two days for CO account. i asked them to enter when i checked-in. it is curious that my boarding pass didnt say *G while it said *G for others (ie OZ *G) but my boarding pass had only CO.
Yeah, I forgot to ask at check-in (was distracted by the incredible hassle to get my departure tax refund). Nothing on the boarding pass, so it looks like I'll have to file a claim. Thanks!
Old Jan 20, 2012, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by x1achilles
Has anybody gone on an international side trip during their stopover in Istanbul? I would love to go to someplace interesting in mideast or E. Africa if the price was right. Couldn't find any low fares out of IST on TK though. I'll be there 8Mar-15Mar.
Thanks
going to North Cyprus ($88 RT with AtlasJet) from Mar.14-17.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.