Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(FARE GONE) TK: HKG-IST-LAX $802 ai rt 2.4 cpm (Premium Econ)

(FARE GONE) TK: HKG-IST-LAX $802 ai rt 2.4 cpm (Premium Econ)

Old Jan 12, 2012, 4:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by Antipode
Because nested ticketing can be used to circumvent fare rules such as minimum stays. But in this case, I don't recall there being a minimum stay and the rules were so flexible so I don't think it'll be much of an issue.
I think you've been brainwashed with United Airlines type of rules threats too much!
Old Jan 12, 2012, 6:31 am

Programs: UNITED 1P
Originally Posted by honzeek_cz
Just succesfully changed first leg from Jan 28 to Jan 19 via Czech office directly. No issue at all, no questions asked, just little of time to verify the fare rules. Good to go :-)
tried the Czech office, unfortunately no go. I will try to calling them again later.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 7:02 am

I called TK's office 4 times, no luck so far. Called travelocity and was told that there would be a $30 service charge to change it regardless, and then they told me it's not changeable. Is this $30 change fee new? Somehow I did not remember seeing it when I booked it. If I knew there was a change fee I would have just booked somewhere else. Wonder why I didn't use expedia. Dumb me.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 7:31 am

Programs: AA Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
I think you've been brainwashed with United Airlines type of rules threats too much!
I personally wouldn't be worried -- just explaining why one might worry about it.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 8:01 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by nanirina
I called TK's office 4 times, no luck so far. Called travelocity and was told that there would be a $30 service charge to change it regardless, and then they told me it's not changeable. Is this $30 change fee new? Somehow I did not remember seeing it when I booked it. If I knew there was a change fee I would have just booked somewhere else. Wonder why I didn't use expedia. Dumb me.
From your message, it seems like it is a ticket issued outside of TK. If this is the case, I think the probability that a TK agent will touch this is very slim. You will have to unfortunately try and keep calling Travelocity to get a good agent that will go through the rules correctly.

Calling any TK offices will even reduce your probability as they will certainly not touch your ticket issued by your travel agent (=Travelocity)

Cheers!
Old Jan 12, 2012, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by nldogbert
From your message, it seems like it is a ticket issued outside of TK. If this is the case, I think the probability that a TK agent will touch this is very slim. You will have to unfortunately try and keep calling Travelocity to get a good agent that will go through the rules correctly.

Calling any TK offices will even reduce your probability as they will certainly not touch your ticket issued by your travel agent (=Travelocity)

Cheers!
I read back many pages and looks like some people who had their ticket issued by XP were able to change their ticket through TK office by luck.
So I kept on trying, and at my 6th attempt, I got a nice lady who didn't ask any quesitons and just changed it for me. It shows up on TK site and hopefully this is all good to go. I am not sure what will show on the travelocity site now.

I had another one-way ticket bought from TK website booked in class A. I tried to chnage the date on that ticket. Even though the agent was willing to change it with no hassles, he found no availability in class A on the IST-LAX lag in March or April. So I just cancelled the ticket.

thanks for everyone's help. Trying to change this ticket is really a CSR roulette now.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by nanirina
I had another one-way ticket bought from TK website booked in class A. I tried to chnage the date on that ticket. Even though the agent was willing to change it with no hassles, he found no availability in class A on the IST-LAX lag in March or April. So I just cancelled the ticket.
Any at all in March/April or just the dates you tried? I might try to change dates and have been trying to find A availability using ITA but nothing comes up -- I'm curious if this is because there is no A space at all or just because there is no A fare filed.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 9:40 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat
Any at all in March/April or just the dates you tried? I might try to change dates and have been trying to find A availability using ITA but nothing comes up -- I'm curious if this is because there is no A space at all or just because there is no A fare filed.
I believe the fare is not being filled. I searched for availability in A class a couple months ago, but was not able to find anything in 2012.

If this is the case, does that mean we will not be able to change the date of our tickets?
Old Jan 12, 2012, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by moseslin
I believe the fare is not being filled. I searched for availability in A class a couple months ago, but was not able to find anything in 2012.

If this is the case, does that mean we will not be able to change the date of our tickets?
If there is availability in the A booking class, it shouldn't matter if there is a currently valid A fare filed or not. I have an expedia ticket so I'd prefer to not have to play agent roulette if I'm eventually going to be denied due to no A availability, but I might just give it a go anyway.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 9:31 pm

Programs: DL Gold
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.448 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Huge Hail Mary here, but anybody at IST now (Saturday morning until ~10) that can guest in to THY lounge?

PM me. Thanks!
Old Jan 14, 2012, 6:34 am

If there is availability in the A booking class, it shouldn't matter if there is a currently valid A fare filed or not. I have an expedia ticket so I'd prefer to not have to play agent roulette if I'm eventually going to be denied due to no A availability, but I might just give it a go anyway.
when I called, the agent said that there is no availability in A class on any dates in March or April. So I simply cancelled my ticket. Unfortunately lost a lot of money due to stupid euro depreciating.
Old Jan 14, 2012, 6:35 am

Anyone on the March 17th flight to IST? I am *G with UA but looks like they're not sending out gold cards till mid of the year. If anyone is on this flight that can help in guesting me in, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old Jan 14, 2012, 9:00 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
isn't *G noted when you provide them with your card #? They'll just cite it on the boarding pass so you don't even need to show your card - just show the gate keeper at the CIP your boarding pass with the *G on it
Old Jan 14, 2012, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by jasonvr
When I flew in July it was a dark blue faux-leather zipper bag and it contained:
  • Eyeshade
  • Socks
  • Hair Brush
  • Toothpaste and toothbrush
  • Shoehorn
  • Earplugs
  • "Wake me up for meals" sticker
  • Tarocco Red Orange Lip Balm
  • Tarocco Red Orange Moisturizer
Same for me on all my six TK segments. However, the smaller ivory case was what they gave out in economy. I think TK is changing the amenity kits so these may vary from flight to flight.
Old Jan 14, 2012, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by blackmamba
isn't *G noted when you provide them with your card #? They'll just cite it on the boarding pass so you don't even need to show your card - just show the gate keeper at the CIP your boarding pass with the *G on it
Dont' know how strict the IST lounge dragons are, but the LH/MLL ones I've been to lately they've all required the physical card. I didn't have a physical card once in Vancouver MLL and was denied access even though I had a printout of my status as well as the *G printed on my boarding pass.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.