Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(FARE GONE) TK: HKG-IST-LAX $802 ai rt 2.4 cpm (Premium Econ)

(FARE GONE) TK: HKG-IST-LAX $802 ai rt 2.4 cpm (Premium Econ)

Old May 31, 2011, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by ianmanka
I got in on the tail end of the deal, so I guess I should be glad that I got anything at all, but I'm now upset that I booked on Travelocity into U. *shakes fist*

Chances are earnings will be adjusted soon enough anyway after TK does away with first class.
Old May 31, 2011, 12:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, former DL Gold
Just got an alert from my credit card company saying someone attempted to use my card number in Europe. The only charges on this card for the last two months were 4 tickets on the HKG-IST-LAX return on tk.com. Card stays in my desk drawer unless I'm out of the country (no forex fees), so there's a good chance that they got it from this past purchase.

I'm not blaming tk.com or anyone until my cc company can fully investigate, but I just wanted to let you guys know in case you wanted to keep a closer eye on your credit card activity this month.
Old May 31, 2011, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by jasonvr
Wow! Nice. I guess that means my U fare won't get any bonus. Not that UA gives any bonus for any premium economy on any carrier
It's really not up to UA/MP to determine how credits are assigned. It is the airline you fly that buys the miles from UA/MP and thus makes this decision. Some airlines do spring for at least 110% on Premium Economy fares. At the moment it appears that TK has not notified all STAR programs about the fare code realignment. (Aeroplan is one of the programs that has posted the adjustment and U and A will both earn 110%.) This lack of advising partners also holds for the STAR upgrade program where both A and U should be eligible for upgrading to C/J but so far no STAR FF program websites are showing this.
Old May 31, 2011, 7:28 pm

Programs: CO Plat
Still have my fingers crossed that CO will update the earnings charts for 150% EQM on TK U before mid-July.
Old May 31, 2011, 9:47 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.756MM, WN ALP, Hyatt Diamond, MR Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC,AA Gold
Originally Posted by Unknown
Still have my fingers crossed that CO will update the earnings charts for 150% EQM on TK U before mid-July.
When in mid july? We are on hkg-ist on july 18
Old May 31, 2011, 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by jasonvr
When in mid july? We are on hkg-ist on july 18
Actually, it's mid-July on the return.

HKG-IST July 6
IST-LAX July 7

LAX-IST July 14
IST-HKG July 20
Old May 31, 2011, 10:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AZ Exec, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by bertuzzi
I will be on the hkg-ist-lax this Saturday June 4th. Is there Anyone else going on this mistake fare on the 4th?
I'm going HKG-IST-LAX on the same days, perhaps I'll see you in the HKG RCC? (If I'm not shopping ) See you on board in any case!

Just got home from an exhausting trip to China and I'm going to be leaving YYC on the 2nd for HKG (through both YEG and YVR of course).
Old Jun 1, 2011, 1:58 pm

Programs: United, SQ
Originally Posted by Unknown
Wouldn't count on them to change a discounted economy to earn 150%....I'm more worried about them changing A fare back to 100%, which is much more likely!
Old Jun 1, 2011, 2:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K, BA Gold, TK Elite, GE
Originally Posted by CelticIAH
Wouldn't count on them to change a discounted economy to earn 150%....I'm more worried about them changing A fare back to 100%, which is much more likely!
usually U isn't discounted like in this case
Miles&More adjusted A&U also and credits it with 150% now.

So I have also my fingers crossed.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 4:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AZ Exec, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
Just bought an $899 LMU for my positioning flight YVR-HKG, which was nice considering that I paid for lowly S. Managed to get seat 3A too, which is really nice . Hopefully the TK experience goes all well when I get to HKG!
Old Jun 1, 2011, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A somewhat unusual question - can I split the PNR booked on expedia and if so should i contact, TK or Expedia for that?

My SO may not be able to make this trip on the dates we booked but I'd like to pick up a few miles if I can keep my ticket but refund hers.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 4:49 pm

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
just booked my positioning flight

AKL-SIN-HKG on SQ with 2 day stopovers in each port, will fly LAX-AKL direct with Air NZ when its on sale (either Y or PE and U/G)
Old Jun 1, 2011, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by CelticIAH
Why not? Premium economy on NZ and TG earn 150%. U isn't discounted economy anymore.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 7:35 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by saaws
United Mileage Plus considered my A fare HKG-IST-LAX as a First class fare, not a premium Economy and gave me 150% redeemable miles. Just an update.
That's real cool ^
Thanks for the heads-up.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 8:08 pm

Mileage accrual on TG from TK flights

Unknown, as I can see from this TG chart about their Royal Orchid FF progam

http://www.thaiairways.com/frequent-...odes-chart.htm

U class fare on TK only earns 25% mileage on TG ROP program.

Am I looking at the right chart or is there some other rule that I am missing? I would like to credit miles to my ROP account but not at only 25%. I think it was Greenforest who suggest LH at 150% accrual for TK flights.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.