Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(FARE GONE) TK: HKG-IST-LAX $802 ai rt 2.4 cpm (Premium Econ)

(FARE GONE) TK: HKG-IST-LAX $802 ai rt 2.4 cpm (Premium Econ)

Old May 20, 2011, 6:23 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Silver; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Originally Posted by KVS
Rules for R/T Fares are different:

[KVS Availability Tool 6.1.5/Diamond - DotRes: HKG-LAX/TK/A1RTHK/2690 USD]
Code:
[Combinations]...
These are for another fare (A1... not A2.../ U2...) but seem to be correct. Here sales are restricted to TPE. Unless we have archive we cannot check.
Old May 20, 2011, 7:34 am

Programs: aeroplan E .HH.
YEAH STOP ROCKING the BOAT

Originally Posted by nldogbert
No wonder we see less and less of such error-fares here... all these "rookies" get so worked up and worried for nothing that they go all over with a big red flashing light on their head causing unnecessary impact on others. I do not want to start this debate again, but is really ridiculous that despite reassurance from other experienced "error-fare" usage members, these "rookies" still go round flashing their red light in front of the airline!

So to repeat again, IF you are not travelling for the next month+, PLEASE DO NOT call TK for unnecessary request.
You are just turning whatever fear you have into reality! Just hold still and enjoy the fare until closer to your travel dates.

Cheers!
^^
Old May 20, 2011, 8:03 am

Programs: A3*G AC*nobody TK*nobody
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
That, I'm afraid wasn't a smart thing to do... cos they might check on the fare and see the error. Then they might call on TK in IST ... and well, further 'action' may or may not be taken.

WHY IS THERE SUCH A NEED from people to see their reservation on the TK website????
Originally Posted by nldogbert
No wonder we see less and less of such error-fares here... all these "rookies" get so worked up and worried for nothing that they go all over with a big red flashing light on their head causing unnecessary impact on others. I do not want to start this debate again, but is really ridiculous that despite reassurance from other experienced "error-fare" usage members, these "rookies" still go round flashing their red light in front of the airline!

So to repeat again, IF you are not travelling for the next month+, PLEASE DO NOT call TK for unnecessary request.
You are just turning whatever fear you have into reality! Just hold still and enjoy the fare until closer to your travel dates.

Cheers!
Agree... That's why I was a bit hesitate to post the A2RTHK/U2RTHKA fare for HKG-IST-YYZ.

With all the "rookies" around, in the future, people will think twice before share their "findings"
Old May 20, 2011, 8:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: M&M
Originally Posted by Away from YYZ
Agree... That's why I was a bit hesitate to post the A2RTHK/U2RTHKA fare for HKG-IST-YYZ.

With all the "rookies" around, in the future, people will think twice before share their "findings"
Or at least wait until Friday with your posting so there's noone to call.
Old May 20, 2011, 9:14 am

Programs: BA Silver, TK Silver, HH Diamond, IHG Plat AMB
Someone was due to fly this today.#

ANyone know how he's got on?
Old May 20, 2011, 9:29 am

would it be possible to downgrade to Y and then upgrade to C with miles?
Old May 20, 2011, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by Away from YYZ

naaaah... we've been saying that since 2002

and yet people still post things.

But one would be silly to think that
a) it gets posted here first
b) everything juicy gets posted here.
Old May 20, 2011, 12:59 pm

Programs: KL PFL; BA Silver; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
That, I'm afraid wasn't a smart thing to do... cos they might check on the fare and see the error. Then they might call on TK in IST ... and well, further 'action' may or may not be taken.

WHY IS THERE SUCH A NEED from people to see their reservation on the TK website????
I would disagree that any such actions would influence the airline's decision anyhow as the management is definitely aware of the matter. However, those who stay here for a longer time probably know better.
Old May 20, 2011, 1:10 pm

I'll tell you why I want to see my booking on the TK website; because sometimes travel agents do make mistakes, and I like to check items at the source. Maybe Guy Betsy as a TA has never made a mistake, but other TA's that I've dealt with sometimes do make mistakes (I can give several examples). And my booking was done thru an intermediary, Travelocity. The consequence of my calling is all speculation -- "might check on fare, might call on TK, further action may be taken". This is after a week that the fare has closed and calls from other posters have already been made to TK call centers in US, IST, and maybe even HK.

Maybe I am a rookie, and maybe my calling TK HK was not such a "smart" thing to do, but "smart" from whose perspective? From my perspective, it was a smart thing to do, because I confirmed that my TK itinerary would wrap around a flight to/from FLL, which has to wrap around a cruise out of/back to FLL, with stopovers in LAX and FLL to see relatives and friends.

Not confirming the TK booking would have been the "unsmart" thing to do.

Guy Betsy, when I re-read your post I'm really put off by the self-righteous tone of your comment. If you're in HKG, care to meet up, so that I can see just how "smart" you are?

And quoting from the notes of the Mileage Run Forum:

"What the Mileage Run Forum expects out of you:

We expect you to treat others with respect – If you can’t play nicely, you may be asked to leave.

Think before you post – if your comments are off-topic and don’t have anything to do with the original posters questions or comment, then please refrain from posting. There’s never any reason to bash another poster who may have made a mistake that you yourself may have made when you were new to Flyertalk. "

Last edited by tangoll; May 22, 2011 at 3:06 am Reason: Reworked; msg to guy betsy
Old May 20, 2011, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tangoll
I'll tell you why I want to see my booking on the TK website; because sometimes travel agents do make mistakes, and I like to check items at the source. Maybe Guy Betsy as a TA has never made a mistake, but other TA's that I've dealt with sometimes do make mistakes (I can give several examples). And my booking was done thru an intermediary, Travelocity. The consequence of my calling is all speculation -- "might check on fare, might call on TK, further action may be taken". This is after a week that the fare has closed and calls from other posters have already been made to TK call centers in US, IST, and maybe even HK.

Maybe I am a rookie, and maybe my calling TK HK was not such a "smart" thing to do, but "smart" from whose perspective? From my perspective, it was a smart thing to do, because I confirmed that my TK itinerary would wrap around a flight to/from FLL, which has to wrap around a cruise out of/back to FLL, with stopovers in LAX and FLL to see relatives and friends.

Making sure you have what you need beats speculative "what ifs" any day.

Don't cave to paranoia -- let's keep it in the tricks thread where it will feel at home.
Old May 21, 2011, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by rankourabu
But one would be silly to think that
a) it gets posted here first
b) everything juicy gets posted here.
That's shocking !!! I consider Flyertalk my primary source, but apparently there's a higher club. Where comes the first-hand and juicy deals? Please please please
Old May 22, 2011, 9:49 pm

Programs: CO Plat
Anyone flown this yet? I figure someone should have done it by now.
Old May 22, 2011, 10:17 pm

Programs: UA, DL, AA, Aegean Air, Cal Alumni (go Bears!)
HKG-IST-LAX and Return

I booked outbound on Aug 24 with only a 5 hour layover in IST. I could not find any way to get an IST stopover of a few days on the Expedia site. I would love to change the res to have this stopover. But I will wait to see what happens in the next month or so. LAX-IST-HKG on Nov 17. with only 6h45m in IST. I do not really do MRs just for the sake of it. I like to travel and see places. Went on a 2 week trip to Turkey in 2000 and loved it.

Does anybody who has booked this have any success at changing the flights yet....without causing TK to have 2nd thoughts about honoring these tix?
Old May 22, 2011, 10:31 pm

Programs: A3*G AC*nobody TK*nobody
Originally Posted by x1achilles
I booked outbound on Aug 24 with only a 5 hour layover in IST. I could not find any way to get an IST stopover of a few days on the Expedia site. I would love to change the res to have this stopover. But I will wait to see what happens in the next month or so. LAX-IST-HKG on Nov 17. with only 6h45m in IST. I do not really do MRs just for the sake of it. I like to travel and see places. Went on a 2 week trip to Turkey in 2000 and loved it.

Does anybody who has booked this have any success at changing the flights yet....without causing TK to have 2nd thoughts about honoring these tix?
The answer is yes. People ware able to make changes to have stopover.. BTW, there is no need to bold your fonts...
Old May 22, 2011, 10:44 pm

Programs: AA/UA/DL
Originally Posted by tangoll

Guy Betsy, when I re-read your post I'm really put off by the self-righteous tone of your comment. If you're in HKG, care to meet up, so that I can see just how "smart" you are?

And quoting from the notes of the Mileage Run Forum:

"What the Mileage Run Forum expects out of you:

We expect you to treat others with respect – If you can’t play nicely, you may be asked to leave.

Think before you post – if your comments are off-topic and don’t have anything to do with the original posters questions or comment, then please refrain from posting. There’s never any reason to bash another poster who may have made a mistake that you yourself may have made when you were new to Flyertalk. "
Even you saw your itinerary on TK's web or you call to confirmation,
it doesn't mean anything.
The previous GF business from CAI to BKK is an example.
We got it ticketed and we could see it on GF's website.
In addition, we called for seat assignment and the GF agent confirmed
that everything was fine and ready to go.
We still got notification from GF and XP that GF didn't want to honor it.
In addition, GF canceled my booking one day before my first leg from CAI.
So, it means nothing even you can see your itinerary on TK's web or
they tell you it's ok.
When they don't feel ok, they will do something you don't feel ok.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.