Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(FARE GONE) TK: HKG-IST-LAX $802 ai rt 2.4 cpm (Premium Econ)

(FARE GONE) TK: HKG-IST-LAX $802 ai rt 2.4 cpm (Premium Econ)

Old May 15, 2011, 12:38 am

Programs: AS MVP
Still can't believe all those who are doing 2.5 hr turns in LAX!!
Old May 15, 2011, 12:46 am

Originally Posted by flyingstudent
Still can't believe all those who are doing 2.5 hr turns in LAX!!
Well, it's a flex ticket, so after departure you shouldn't have problem changing to a later flight - pending avail (obviously the later flight might be two days out).
Old May 15, 2011, 1:05 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA PLT, SPG PLT
Thanks again to the OP for this one - my wife and I are in for 1.5 of these (HKG-LAX-HKG) to make for two nice trips to Hong Kong plus being able to stop in Istanbul (which we've wanted to go for a while)!

Two Questions:
1. Does anyone have a trip report or reviews of the Comfort Class on TK? I searched on the Trip Reports forum and found nothing and just found a few things on the internet about various experiences - nothing too substantial.
B. Is there a quick link to the *A lounge that's available at TBIT? I've never left on a *A flight from TBIT, so this might be nice?!? Regardless, it will be nice to get walk in Southern California weather to get In-N-out a few times too!

Thanks again to the OP for this - a GREAT deal!!!

-jeremy
Old May 15, 2011, 1:19 am

Programs: UA Gold/0.756MM, WN ALP, Hyatt Diamond, MR Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC,AA Gold
I can not give enough ^^^^ to the OP. This is my first big intl super-duper fare (I've done domestic MR's). My wife and I will use it to circle the globe while getting to see HKG and IST along the way (if I don't chicken out on finalizing the positioning flight). I've got HKG-IST on 7/23 (arrives on 7/24) and then IST-LAX on 7/30. I'll likely use miles to position us into HKG (maybe even in C) meaning that we are circling the globe for $431 each!!!
Old May 15, 2011, 1:20 am

Programs: NW-PE (ret.) DL-Diamond & 1M, Hertz #1, UA-1P
Originally Posted by kmfdm91
Thanks again to the OP for this one - my wife and I are in for 1.5 of these (HKG-LAX-HKG) to make for two nice trips to Hong Kong plus being able to stop in Istanbul (which we've wanted to go for a while)!

Two Questions:
1. Does anyone have a trip report or reviews of the Comfort Class on TK? I searched on the Trip Reports forum and found nothing and just found a few things on the internet about various experiences - nothing too substantial.
B. Is there a quick link to the *A lounge that's available at TBIT? I've never left on a *A flight from TBIT, so this might be nice?!? Regardless, it will be nice to get walk in Southern California weather to get In-N-out a few times too!

Thanks again to the OP for this - a GREAT deal!!!

-jeremy
Response to B:
http://www.staralliance.com/en/benef...s/los-angeles/
Old May 15, 2011, 2:03 am

Programs: BA GGL, UA 1K, AC 35K, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by lax2010
Did you cancel after or before e-ticket was issued?

Can canceling on Travelocity be done online or it MUST be called in like you did?

Thanks.
eTicket number was already issued. Tried cancelling online, site said that I had to call. It really did not take long and from my area the number was toll free.
Old May 15, 2011, 2:18 am

Programs: TG*G, SQ, QF
Many thanks OP. I'm in for 3 - 8th Sep :-)
Old May 15, 2011, 2:18 am

Programs: UA 1K*MM, AA PP
Thanks, OP - just booked OW For July for Mr 999 and myself. We'll spend 4th of July week in Hong Kong! Been trying to go for ages!

Now to decide whether to use AA miles to fly there in premium class on Cathay or *A miles on someone else... Or buy a ticket in W and try to use up some SWUs...
Old May 15, 2011, 2:22 am

Programs: All of Them
Many thanks to OP for this! A question though, since the fare is refundable, and allows for changes, one obviously will not have to pay the change penalty, but will one have to pay the fare difference if one wants to change the date of the ticket?
Old May 15, 2011, 2:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Angeleno228
There is a lot of misinformation in this thread. Turkish arrives and leaves from TBIT - Tom Bradley. You would absolutely have to clear immigration at LAX Tom Bradley and there is no way around it. Sometimes, economy lines are very long to clear security on departure at TBIT, so I would be cautious about doing same day turn.
Essentially it's an int-int connection. And making these at US airports was always a major pain in the bum, requiring formal entry into the US.

But a month back practical considerations ($$$) forced me into flying home to London from Caracas through Houston. Surprise!! the IAH immigration had a dedicated channel for connecting passengers, leading to a special security area. The set up meant I was through officialdom and in the departure concourse in no time at all, while my fellow Caracas passengers were still lined up for passport checks.

Is IAH a sole innovator, or is this a procedure being adopted in other US hubs? If it doesn't exist at TBIT then I would advise the "turnround" passengers to think about taking a night's rest in a nearby hotel.
Old May 15, 2011, 3:05 am

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Originally Posted by huntk
eTicket number was already issued. Tried cancelling online, site said that I had to call. It really did not take long and from my area the number was toll free.
Cool ^
Old May 15, 2011, 3:07 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by cgnSenator
Lax inbound arrives at T6. Outbound will leave at T7. I read that there is a connection behind security. Am I right that I do not need to immigrate and can go directly from arrival to departure gate?
I'm an American, will have a carry on, and global entry, thus if anyone has a good chance to make it work it is me. Although my turn is in Nov. thus we will have to wait for quite a while and I'm sure others will have tested this before me.

BTW codeshares, as others have stated, don't determine which gate a flight enters it is the operating carrier.
Old May 15, 2011, 3:10 am

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Originally Posted by ariyo15
What about ex-YVR? Any luck? How much would this run and how (where) should I go about booking this? Not sure if I can do a "same-day-turn" but I'd like to do be as close to that as possible.

Advice...?
It has to be ex-HKG. Bookable at TK's website or XP.
Old May 15, 2011, 3:10 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by bl540611
Many thanks to OP for this! A question though, since the fare is refundable, and allows for changes, one obviously will not have to pay the change penalty, but will one have to pay the fare difference if one wants to change the date of the ticket?
If there is a fare difference then yes you will. Fully refundable tickets don't mean carte blanche wherever you want to travel in the world for the original fare paid. For example if you book hkg-ist-lax and want to change hkg-ist-lhr-jfk-lax, if lhr and jfk weren't a part of the original permissible connection cities for your fare basis then there would be an fare difference because your new routing wouldn't qualify for your original fare.
Old May 15, 2011, 3:15 am

Thanks to OP for finding this great deal! Booked a OW with a stopover in IST for October! Curious to see what TK Comfort Class is like!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.