Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(FARE GONE) AA: WAS-HNL $433 ai (replacing the $533 ai thru EOS fare)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2011, 12:59 am
Original Poster

Not really a mileage run unless you'd consider it thus based in part of getting to come to Hawaii. Nonetheless, given recent pricing, it's a really good deal.

I posted details: http://beatofhawaii.com/washington-d...-237-each-way/
Old Apr 4, 2011, 1:27 am

Given what you said, the post perhaps belongs here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...rs-2011-a.html

thanks for sharing though. ^
Old Apr 4, 2011, 5:49 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
pretty good deal from east coast, especially given availability ... now how about a little *A match/fare war! ^
Old Apr 4, 2011, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by mikensf74
Given what you said, the post perhaps belongs here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...rs-2011-a.html
It's been there for a few days (also to ITO). Be sure to use a coupon code .
Old Apr 4, 2011, 7:57 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Platinum, HHonors Diamond
@ 6cpm, agreed not a MR, but for AA, it's a real chore to find anything south of 5cpm. Is it just me, even the 4cpm opportunities on AA require a positioning flight to take advantage of, which blows out the value of the run, and adds complexity/connection risk. Of course, I'm in DFW, so maybe just have to be patient, or find a different strategy (segments ?)

I think I'd rather spend the extra 1 cpm, lay on the beach a few hours before climbing back on board a plane ... rather than go to Ho Chi Minh City for the 4cpm run
Old Apr 4, 2011, 10:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
can do same day turns

QR0MQN

DAY/TIME

PERMITTED MON THROUGH THU ON THE OVERWATER SEGMENT.

MINIMUM STAY

NO MINIMUM STAY REQUIREMENTS APPLY.

BLACKOUT DATES

NO BLACKOUT DATES APPLY.

TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS

NO TRAVEL DATE RESTRICTIONS APPLY.

PENALTIES

FARE RULE CANCELLATIONS TICKET IS NON-REFUNDABLE. NOTE - TEXT BELOW NOT VALIDATED FOR AUTOPRICING. TICKET HAS NO VALUE UNLESS PASSENGER CANCELS TICKETED FLIGHT RESERVATIONS PRIOR TO TICKETED DEPARTURE TIME. CHANGES CHARGE USD 150.00 FOR REISSUE.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 11:03 am

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by pindento
@ 6cpm, agreed not a MR, but for AA, it's a real chore to find anything south of 5cpm. Is it just me, even the 4cpm opportunities on AA require a positioning flight to take advantage of, which blows out the value of the run, and adds complexity/connection risk. Of course, I'm in DFW, so maybe just have to be patient, or find a different strategy (segments ?)

I think I'd rather spend the extra 1 cpm, lay on the beach a few hours before climbing back on board a plane ... rather than go to Ho Chi Minh City for the 4cpm run
Does seem that <5CPM is tough these days. Found some availability SEA-DFW-BOS later in the year for <5CPM, even on weekend with same day turns available, but thats been about it.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 11:20 am

AA typically has the lowest fares to HNL from the mainland. Unfornately, the schedules, and equipment leave more to be desired.

Star did match some fo the same fares last year
Old Apr 4, 2011, 12:03 pm
Hoc

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, AA 2.5 MM, United Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
can do same day turns
Assuming you want to fly to Hawaii but not get out and watch the sunset. ;-)
Old Apr 4, 2011, 12:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by meFIRST
AA typically has the lowest fares to HNL from the mainland. Unfornately, the schedules, and equipment leave more to be desired.

Star did match some fo the same fares last year
Whats wrong with the 763 and the NGCB seats? I hope to be sleeping like a baby on the way back and awake enough to make it to work upon arrival (home)

however I do agree that the slave ships from to/from LAX are miserable but no more miserable than on a transcon
Old Apr 4, 2011, 12:58 pm

Whats wrong with the 763 and the NGCB seats? I hope to be sleeping like a baby on the way back and awake enough to make it to work upon arrival (home)

however I do agree that the slave ships from to/from LAX are miserable but no more miserable than on a transcon
I'll be on the slave ships soon.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 1:08 pm

Fare has been pulled.

I bought this a few days ago for the first weekend in May. Didn't think it was good enough to do a same-day turn, but it gave me an excuse for a mini vacation.

Even though I could have gotten a few extra miles for connecting in LAX/SFO, I chose not to for fear of the 757 (and to get more time on the beach ). Now hopefully I get upgraded.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 2:32 pm

Programs: AA-GLD
Originally Posted by jtkauai
Not really a mileage run unless you'd consider it thus based in part of getting to come to Hawaii. Nonetheless, given recent pricing, it's a really good deal.

I posted details: http://beatofhawaii.com/washington-d...-237-each-way/
GONE? Lucky, i held the ticket this morning... Travelzoo sent out the alert, i guess it sold fast...
Old Apr 4, 2011, 2:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: AMEX Plat, AA EXP, DL Diamond Medallion, US, B6, SPG Gold,Marriott Gold,Hilton Gold,Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by StandbyFlyer
GONE? Lucky, i held the ticket this morning... Travelzoo sent out the alert, i guess it sold fast...
Appears to be gone, I'm getting $900+ for several dates between May and Aug . Guess I was too slow.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Rats. No UA match. Those August runs through the hubs are perfect for bumps.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.