Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

How do I find the routing for the return segment?

Old Mar 24, 2011, 9:42 pm
Original Poster

Hi I've mostly been lurking here trying to figure things on my own by reading the enormous wealth of info on FT, but I couldn't find the answer to this.

When I read the routing rules for a fare on ExpertFlyer, I can understand the permissible routing to the destination, but what are the routing rules for the return trip? Am I just forced to take the reverse route of my outbound flight? Or can I choose a different return routing?

If so, to I just reverse the rules to get the permissible routing, or do I have to search for the the return segment separately?

For example, ExpertFlyer is giving me the following for LAX - MIA:

PUBLISHED RTG LAX-MIA/AA2 /TAR-DRG1 EF-17MAR11 DIS-INDEF

1. LAX-CHI/DFW/STL-MIA
2. LAX-LAX/SFO-MIA
3. LAX-MIA
4. LAX-SJC-MIA

So I know I can fly from LAX to SFO to MIA. Does that mean MIA to SFO to LAX on the return is also permissible?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Old Mar 24, 2011, 10:25 pm

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
Yes, the rules for domestic fares work the same in reverse.

Whether current airline schedules & availability on those flights exist, well....that can sometimes be the challenging part.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 12:28 pm
Original Poster

Thanks! And I assume international fare rules don't work the same way because they're usually based on maximum permitted mileage?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.