Wiki Posts
Search

Looking for AC MR

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2011, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*E, NEXUS
Looking for AC MR

First off, I apologize if this is in the wrong forum. I send a message to one of the moderators asking them which forum this topic would be best posted in but with no response.

I also want to apologize for even having to post this. I've fairly new to the forum and still learning how to find the best flights (using ITA), but am still getting quite confused at times.

I'm having to go to Japan for business next month and am trying to get the most miles out of it.

Tentative details are :

Depart YVR April 8-9
Have to spend April 11,12 in Tokyo
Fly from NRT or HND up to Sapporo (CTS) April 13 - (This flight should arrive in CTS around 12:45pm)
Then depart CTS April 14 (maybe a late morning/early afternoon flight?) and can really go anywhere with a final destination of YVR.

Just doing direct YVR-NRT-CTS-NRT-YVR is around $1,600 (Flying AC-ANA-AC) and hoping to keep the cost somewhere in this range (although I'm sure it will be more expensive)

Wanting to stay on Star Alliance, and have some eupgrades which I will attempt to use, so Air Canada is the top priority.

Thank you so much to everyone who is able to help and throw me some suggestions, I really do appreciate it.

Sorry again if this is in the wrong forum.

---

On a side note, if anyone is able to help and uses ITA. Could you possibly let me know what you put down to find those flights so I can remember for the future?
Old Mar 9, 2011, 1:32 pm

Programs: AA, UA, GE
I put the dates of 4/8 out and 4/14 return into matrix and it shows $1165 (US) for the AC non-stops and $1175 (US) an indirect route through LAX.

I don't know how much the e-upgrades are worth, but the additional $10 adds about 2500 miles and the YVR-LAX and LAX-YVR legs are on AC.

The LAX-NRT legs are on a CO code-share of UA.

Maybe the AC legs will give you enough room for the e-upgrades.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by TravisJ
First off, I apologize if this is in the wrong forum. I send a message to one of the moderators asking them which forum this topic would be best posted in but with no response.

I also want to apologize for even having to post this. I've fairly new to the forum and still learning how to find the best flights (using ITA), but am still getting quite confused at times.

I'm having to go to Japan for business next month and am trying to get the most miles out of it.

Tentative details are :

Depart YVR April 8-9
Have to spend April 11,12 in Tokyo
Fly from NRT or HND up to Sapporo (CTS) April 13 - (This flight should arrive in CTS around 12:45pm)
Then depart CTS April 14 (maybe a late morning/early afternoon flight?) and can really go anywhere with a final destination of YVR.

Just doing direct YVR-NRT-CTS-NRT-YVR is around $1,600 (Flying AC-ANA-AC) and hoping to keep the cost somewhere in this range (although I'm sure it will be more expensive)

Wanting to stay on Star Alliance, and have some eupgrades which I will attempt to use, so Air Canada is the top priority.

Thank you so much to everyone who is able to help and throw me some suggestions, I really do appreciate it.

Sorry again if this is in the wrong forum.

---

On a side note, if anyone is able to help and uses ITA. Could you possibly let me know what you put down to find those flights so I can remember for the future?
I think this is the wrong forum. I am sorry you feel the need to apologize. I would try to do a search about ITA tool, ANA tool, ExpertFlyer tool, and all other searches that you think might help you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.