Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2011, 9:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond; Choice Plat; US Airways CP
PHX to RDU

I just wanted to get input on this...

I am looking at booking a flight for this upcoming weekend - Just a RT for Sat:
PHX-PHL-RDU-PHL-PHX $350RT.
With Bonus, that would be 10,300 miles @0.3cpm.

Is this a good deal?

Appreciate the feedback... Guess I am getting a jump on a few mileage runs since the company travel is down for the year already.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 10:19 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K, DL Diamond, LH SEN, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
CPM is usually calculated as the price per EQM, not RDM. That's 5150 EQM for $350 so 6.8 CPM. If this is a trip solely for the miles I would hold off for something better but if you actually have a reason to visit RDU it might be worth your time.
Old Jan 21, 2011, 7:00 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by BryanIAH
CPM is usually calculated as the price per EQM, not RDM. That's 5150 EQM for $350 so 6.8 CPM. If this is a trip solely for the miles I would hold off for something better but if you actually have a reason to visit RDU it might be worth your time.
+1.

Also a (minor) point to the OP: If you're talking about cents/mile, it'd be properly posted as either $0.03 CPM or 3 CPM, not 0.3 CPM. If it were really 0.3 CPM (one third of a penny), that'd be one heck of a deal... about like the Expedia/LAS promo last month.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 1:54 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Last year, I did this trip twice--
PHX-CLT-RDU-PHL-PHX
PHX-PHL-RDU-PHL-PHX

Both times it was part of the double PQM promo (so I received double status miles for everything). I think the first was around $250, and the second $270.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.