FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   Low CPM routing from SEA including SFO/LAX-DFW (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/1171656-low-cpm-routing-sea-including-sfo-lax-dfw.html)

mikelat Jan 12, 2011 5:25 pm

Low CPM routing from SEA including SFO/LAX-DFW

Looking for some good routings from SEA that include legs between either SFO or LAX and DFW for the current DEQM promo going on (must incl same city on outbound and return). Looked at JFK and BOS and they priced out around $800.

The catch is that I only have 1 weekend on which to travel. I can leave on Feb 18th early evening or 19th all day but have to be back on the 20th. Anyone know of a good fare that will hit the promo cities for a good bit less than $500?

steve32 Jan 14, 2011 12:19 am

The key to taking advantage of the system is you have to be flexible and do what and go where the airlines want you to go.

If you are going to restrict yourself to a single weekend and required stops, then you will just have to keep checking and re-checking for when the fares might go low enough to satisfy you.

Steve32

belfordrocks Jan 15, 2011 1:50 am

Departing 19th and returning 20th

SEA-SJC-LAX-DFW-IAH-DFW-SFO-SEA with SEA-SJC and SFO-SEA operated by Alaska.

$378 all in.

belfordrocks Jan 15, 2011 1:52 am

catharsis Jan 15, 2011 2:47 am

Originally Posted by mikelat (Post 15645765)
Looking for some good routings from SEA that include legs between either SFO or LAX and DFW for the current DEQM promo going on (must incl same city on outbound and return). Looked at JFK and BOS and they priced out around $800.

The catch is that I only have 1 weekend on which to travel. I can leave on Feb 18th early evening or 19th all day but have to be back on the 20th. Anyone know of a good fare that will hit the promo cities for a good bit less than $500?

any chance you could provide details/ a link re: this double eqm promotion?

I have looked but cannot seem to find it

clacko Jan 15, 2011 4:23 am

Originally Posted by catharsis (Post 15662612)
any chance you could provide details/ a link re: this double eqm promotion?

I have looked but cannot seem to find it

aa.com, aadvantage offers....

rjw242 Jan 15, 2011 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by belfordrocks (Post 15662509)

I believe this would not qualify for the DEQM promo since it doesn't include a qualifying round-trip, but rather a LAX-DFW, DFW-SFO "open-jaw."

From the T&C:

A round trip is defined as two one-way trips booked in a single reservation under one ticket number. To qualify, the round trip must depart from and return to the same city or co-terminal.

mikelat Jan 15, 2011 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by belfordrocks (Post 15662509)
Departing 19th and returning 20th

$378 all in.

Thanks for suggestion. Unfortunately, I have to return through LAX if I'm routing through there on the outbound. Great fare that you found though!

Looks like I'm going to skip that weekend's possible trip. I was looking at my planned travel and wanting to ensure I requal'd for EXP. But, with some recently added trips it looks like I'll make it without needing this extra trip.