Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

How many $0 Vegas Tickets did FT'ers get?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2010, 8:01 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold LT

With the $300 off expeida.ca package, I figure expedia probably gave away $500,000 off of packages. How many did you buy?

I got 2
Old Nov 20, 2010, 9:09 pm

Programs: AC E; Marriott Platinum
I bought 7 (ran out of CC #s), but I think their liability is into at least 8 digits. This promotion is ALL over the 'Net, and once people realized that they needed 3 trips to maximize the flight, hotel, and package deal it increased geometrically
Old Nov 20, 2010, 9:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by DaveTO
I bought 7 (ran out of CC #s), but I think their liability is into at least 8 digits. This promotion is ALL over the 'Net, and once people realized that they needed 3 trips to maximize the flight, hotel, and package deal it increased geometrically
Wait, I just got this...you mean you bought 3 packages to get the best flight, best hotel, and certificates?

Sadly, by the time I got on, the only thing I could find from BWI over a weekend I was free was around $100CA. Not as lucrative as 0$ but still not bad.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 11:10 pm

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
I know that me and 3 friends each got one for 55 bucks ex-BUF, plus 2 flyertalkers I know bought at least another 7 more. Not insanely the cheapest possible but I wanted to maximize time on the ground in LAS and AA has very little cheap inventory out of BUF either. So added up 11 trips from people I know.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 12:49 am

Programs: United 1kMM; AA EX Plat, Hilton Diamond and SPG Plat
I'm not an out of the box thinker...so how did you this? I know I can't use it now, but nest time it may come in handy.

As for the OP's question, I too have been curious about this too w/ over 1900posts and almost 200k views of the thread, and many saying they bought multiples. The most I saw was 12 .

I bought to SFO-LGA and SMF-LGA red-eye out and almost immediate return the next day, so I will skip the hotel, just wanted the miles. About $75CD out of pocket. I was going to buy a UA ticket w/ a $200 voucher, but would have spent alomost the same on taxes and the fare difference, so worked great for me.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 12:52 am

2 Vegas trips but both paid
Old Nov 21, 2010, 3:54 am

Programs: AS MVPG 75K
aubreyfromwheaton's advice below seems reasonable. I'm humbled

Last edited by BrewerSEA; Nov 21, 2010 at 4:35 am Reason: to not be an ...
Old Nov 21, 2010, 4:04 am

Programs: United 1K
Smile 4 Trips

4 Trips:
12/8-12/9 Flamingo $0
12/9-12/10 MGM $0
12/10-12/11 Hooters $0
Break
12/12-12/13 Caesars $16

I will be sure to make use of breakfast and other food at RCC, since those taxis are going to cost me. Now to start a thread to find who I can share taxis with.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 4:15 am

Programs: Whatever's Cheapest, Accruing Miles, Redeeming for Premium Cabins, Not Chasing Status Unnecessarily
I'm noobish, but I think a thread like this boasting about free tickets is a bit premature, arrogant, and potentially as counterproductive as calling in while a deal is hot.

It's much easier to read this than to read the main thread.

Just think about it for a minute.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 4:20 am

Programs: Whatever's Cheapest, Accruing Miles, Redeeming for Premium Cabins, Not Chasing Status Unnecessarily
Prob it doesn't matter at this point, but a title like how many free tickets did you get is like salt on a wound I would think.

Yes, I did partake, and I have no hard feelings!
Old Nov 21, 2010, 5:26 am
Suspended

Programs: Migros Cumulus Platinum Hero
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by aubreyfromwheaton
I'm noobish, but I think a thread like this boasting about free tickets is a bit premature, arrogant, and potentially as counterproductive as calling in while a deal is hot.

It's much easier to read this than to read the main thread.

Just think about it for a minute.
+1

I hope that Expedia is smart enough to not honor a single booking
Old Nov 21, 2010, 5:40 am
formerly known as Frugal Travel Guy

Programs: UA Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum
I did 1

I remember the LaQuinta Resort and Spa in Palm Springs deal where some joker booked almost every weekend. That move alone cost us the oportunity to have a second trip or trip extension honored.

The play of booking the best flight, best hotel and then extras on three separate purchases seems greedy to me. No Shows cost hotels money.

"Pigs get fat and Hogs get slaughtered"
Old Nov 21, 2010, 6:33 am

Programs: DL PM UA PSilver Marriott Lifetime Plat, AMEX Platinum, Avis PC, UA MPPPlus
Originally Posted by ingy
"Pigs get fat and Hogs get slaughtered"
I was going to post something using "opportunistic" and "greedy" but that sums it up nicely.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 6:47 am

Programs: AC E; Marriott Platinum
Let's say you want to fly from MIA-LAS on United, stay at the Wynn, and see Love.

Ticket 1) MIA-LAS, stay at Fiesta Ranch (or some other $12 per night place) - cost < $300, no out of pocket money

Ticket 2) TUS-LAS, stay at the Wynn - cost < $300, no out of pocket money

Ticket 3) TUS-LAS, stay at Fiesta Ranch, 2 tickets to Love - cost < $300, no out of pocket money

Other people were using this deal with nested flights to fly across the USA (using NYC and LAS as ends, and throwing away the unused parts).
Old Nov 21, 2010, 10:22 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, UA, AA, DL, BA, CX
Let's say you want to fly from MIA-LAS on United, stay at the Wynn, and see Love.

Ticket 1) MIA-LAS, stay at Fiesta Ranch (or some other $12 per night place) - cost < $300, no out of pocket money

Ticket 2) TUS-LAS, stay at the Wynn - cost < $300, no out of pocket money

Ticket 3) TUS-LAS, stay at Fiesta Ranch, 2 tickets to Love - cost < $300, no out of pocket money

Other people were using this deal with nested flights to fly across the USA (using NYC and LAS as ends, and throwing away the unused parts).
wow..brilliant. How were you able to pull the names used that are identical. Wouldn't it cause problems especially on flights?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.