Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Old Nov 20, 2010, 12:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by redsunsdriver
Has anyone actually called Expedia to confirm their bookings????
or are we all just waiting to see if it'll be honored?

I'm charged the flight on my credit card and no credit yet......what now?
The code saids starts in an hour?
Should I cancel this booking and book again?

Any insights???
Yes, I'm waiting for another 45 min. and will then book. If it was meant to be it'll be there. If not, c'est la vie.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 12:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM

Any insights???
you are experiencing stages of a mistake fare:

4. Glee and happiness - Paper tickets in hand, vacation request submitted, spouses finally informed, hotel reservations made and bragging to friends and co-workers begins. Both novices and experts get very excited.

5. Stress Stage 2 - Rumors of fare not being honored, discussion threads about the airline and ticketing agency ensue. Rumors crop up like crabgrass at this stage. Many FTers begin to worry excessively about whether or not the trip will happen. Novices make non-refundable and financial committments to their trip. Seasoned FTers make mixed drinks (and maybe a sandwich) and is patient.

just sit back, relax, dont book anything you cant refund later in case its cancelled, and let it play out. Calling just draws attention.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 12:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

So if we cancel the airline ticket through the airline before the 24hr grace period is over, would we still get the refund from expedia?

I'm tempted to try it on one of my tickets.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 12:17 am

Programs: DL PM, Fairmont Premier, SPG Gold
Smile on our way!

Just booked our family 12/17 weekend from SLC to LAS, 3 x (air + rooms + transfer) = $3. Thanks FT!
Old Nov 20, 2010, 12:19 am

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

So if we cancel the airline ticket through the airline before the 24hr grace period is over, would we still get the refund from expedia?

I'd wait until X.ca's phoneline stop burning up with 1 hour waits. I have a reservation that I need to cancel but will wait until the morning.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 12:21 am

Originally Posted by vitira
One thoughtwhat if FTers filled planes so far that they were all overbooked, and a bunch of us got $300 vouchers for free fares.
Oh, it's not just FTers... this deal has been on slickdeals and fatwallet and who knows where else.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 12:22 am

Has anyone actually called Expedia to confirm their bookings????
or are we all just waiting to see if it'll be honored?

I'm charged the flight on my credit card and no credit yet......what now?
The code saids starts in an hour? (or it could be a typo and its infact midnight TODAY and ends in an hour)
Should I cancel this booking and book again?

Any insights???
this is very similar to the sams club/expedia deal from last year and expedia honored every single one of those
Old Nov 20, 2010, 12:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just booked a one-day LAS trip. I'll have to leave work early and come in late the next day, but I do have time to check in, have a burger at Hard Rock Cafe, rest a bit in my hotel room, then head back to LAS for the red-eye. 3.5 hours in LAS.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 12:30 am
Moderator: United MileagePlus

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX

Why risk it?

All you need to really do is find a way to quietly drop the flights so you can then reuse the value for later tickets.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 12:32 am

Booked again. I thought someone said it had to be $300 or more. So I was running around trying to get it to be as close to $300 yet a little over. But then I was only able to get one to $298.50 before going way over. I decided to give it a shot. Works, it's up to $300 so it took off $298.50. I wish I had known that before instead of wasting money on crap I didn't need.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 12:35 am
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Originally Posted by travfar
Booked again. I thought someone said it had to be $300 or more. So I was running around trying to get it to be as close to $300 yet a little over. But then I was only able to get one to $298.50 before going way over. I decided to give it a shot. Works, it's up to $300 so it took off $298.50. I wish I had known that before instead of wasting money on crap I didn't need.
what money... it didnt cost you anything
Old Nov 20, 2010, 12:37 am

Programs: JGC
Thank, the OP, for the info. Just booked a trip to LAS from YVR for the next weekend. It's around CDN$150 for two of us for a 2-night stay. This is a good deal if Expedia don't cancel our reservation.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 12:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist

Old Nov 20, 2010, 12:38 am

Originally Posted by missydarlin
what money... it didnt cost you anything
Sure it did. One of my previous booking was for $308. It only got that high because I thought it had to be at least $300. It doesn't. So it cost me $8!!!!!!
Old Nov 20, 2010, 12:40 am

Do we only need to change the CC & email add info in order to make multiple rez? Has everyone been modifying the traveller's name, DOB, etc as well?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.