Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Old Nov 21, 2010, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by lKTyS7UPY
They even refunded the forex fee on my SPG AmEx:

Code:
11/19/2010 DELTA AIR LINES             265.xx
11/19/2010 EXPEDIA MERCHANT           -266.xx
11/19/2010 FOREIGN TRANSACTION FEE      -7.xx
^
OMG you'll right. I thought it was a FTF charge, but it's actually a credit. Makes sense though, since it's a refund of a charge.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 12:28 pm

Programs: UA1k, AA EXP, PC Plat, Club Carlson Concierge, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by barelyelite
Who had success with virtual numbers? I tried with both of my Citi cards dozens of times to no avail... Expedia wouldn't take them.

I ran out out of real CCs but would have make 2 or 3 more bookings if I had more.
BofA shop safe number worked for me
Old Nov 21, 2010, 12:32 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by lKTyS7UPY
They even refunded the forex fee on my SPG AmEx:

Code:
11/19/2010 DELTA AIR LINES             265.xx
11/19/2010 EXPEDIA MERCHANT           -266.xx
11/19/2010 FOREIGN TRANSACTION FEE      -7.xx
^
Yup, here too! Actually all my AmEx purchases are showing the refund & the forex refund, but no purchase
Old Nov 21, 2010, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Katemari
Authorization Date Description Authorization Response Authorization Type Amount Reference Number
11/21/2010 EXPEDIA TRAVEL VOYAGES Pending Purchase $253.12
11/20/2010 EXPEDIA TRAVEL VOYAGES Pending Purchase $253.12
11/20/2010 DELTA AIR LINE DL BVOWMV Pending - Decline Purchase $349.51
11/20/2010 DELTA AIR LINE DL PGYZGL Pending Purchase $349.51
11/20/2010 DELTA AIR LINE DL PGZCTD Pending - Approved Purchase * $349.51

That's the history I have in my credit card. I got a call from their fraud department today to see if I really gave Expedia my number.
The thing is all it was supposed to be debited from my account was 98 canadian dollars. I managed to book only one trip! I don't get why they are trying to charge me 200+

I spent 2 hours and a half today on the phone with Expedia (+3h yesterday) and they said today they cannot cancel it, the flight is non-refundable. And when I asked about my 300 credit, they said the deal is not on. I argued that the deal was on when I purchased and that is what it's in my itinerary history.

They said my hotel was already cancelled, by the way! Suggestion: check if your hotel is really booked.
Isn't that has been what you want from yesterday's phone call? You wanted them to cancel your Mom's booking because yours did not go through for whatever reason?

It looks to me there are communication issue between you and the Expedia Rep yesterday, as well as the rep did not know how to reverse your unsuccessful booking or how to cancel your booking for your Mom. The multiple entries of Expedia charges look very much like someone tried to reverse a wrong entry but ended up compounding it.

Last edited by Happy; Nov 21, 2010 at 1:40 pm
Old Nov 21, 2010, 12:35 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
Yup, here too! Actually all my AmEx purchases are showing the refund & the forex refund, but no purchase
For your purchase look under pending transaction (new option on amex.com).
Old Nov 21, 2010, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by barelyelite
Who had success with virtual numbers? I tried with both of my Citi cards dozens of times to no avail... Expedia wouldn't take them.

I ran out out of real CCs but would have make 2 or 3 more bookings if I had more.
Unfortunately, my only card with virtual numbers is Discover & they only accepted AmEx, MC & Visa. So I have all my purchases across lots of cards, which will make accounting annoying. I had 4 more cards to use, but couldn't find any more dates that worked for me
Old Nov 21, 2010, 12:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM
Originally Posted by travfar
Expedia is a standup company and since I'm a Expedia Elite member, I can request free room upgrades when I go to check in. Sweet.
AFAIK, the room upgrades for EEP members is currently limited to specific hotels in FL as well as a few in Savannah, GA.

http://www.expedia.com/daily/eliteplus/hotelupgrade.asp

Of course, YMMV so its worth I try (as I will too).
Old Nov 21, 2010, 12:44 pm

For those of you who have already recieved a refund on your CC, could you please confirm:

1) when you booked the trip (19th or the 20th) and around what time?
2) What CC you used - for now I see only Amex.
3) Flying from US or Canada?

Will just clarify things for the rest of us who're trying to draw conclusions from all the updates.

Thanks!
Old Nov 21, 2010, 12:56 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA E- inhabitant

Last edited by jetta2.0t; Mar 20, 2013 at 7:43 pm
Old Nov 21, 2010, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by tylerc
Could do that...just wish I knew how a no-show is treated...if it isn't a cancellation then I'm golden.
If you read your T&C from the booking, it should say (like all mine) that you can cancel the hotel without affecting your other itinerary items.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by jetta2.0t
XP data mining on FT huh?
Haha no! didn't even think it would look like that - just looking for some clarity on my own situation, but I can see why it might look like date mining.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 1:04 pm

Programs: PC: Platinum, DL: PM, National: Exec
credits and charges both show for 2 of my 3 booking. With the FTF refund, I made $6 on one booking and made $4.97 on the second. Not quite sure why it is working out that I am actually making money on the bookings, but I am not going to complain.

And a message to Shareholder: That was probably one of the most pitiful rants or postings about not getting in on a deal I have read on FT. Had you been a new poster I would have understood it more. But as a long time poster who has been on this board for years, you should know better and that made the posting that much more pitiful.

Last edited by patrickATX; Nov 21, 2010 at 1:12 pm Reason: words i used sounded like an attack, decided they should be changed
Old Nov 21, 2010, 1:09 pm

Programs: A few
finally (! i know - the impatience!) my credits have shown up on amex. the foreign fee credit has shown too but don't forget boys and girls the actual charges will also have foreign fees too so you should net out.

that being said the purchase is posting as travel - airline whereas the refund is posting as travel - travel agencies and i did most on various household accounts of our amex premier rewards cards... SO I will get triple points on the purchase, and only lose single points on the refund. so i also make around 3000 membership rewards on the whole thing!

this thing just gets better and better. my all time favorite ft trick to date!
Old Nov 21, 2010, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by beerup
AFAIK, the room upgrades for EEP members is currently limited to specific hotels in FL as well as a few in Savannah, GA.

http://www.expedia.com/daily/eliteplus/hotelupgrade.asp

Of course, YMMV so its worth I try (as I will too).
Old Nov 21, 2010, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SamuelS
So, Shareholder, I do sympathise to a degree that an advertised promo intended for Canadians, and which was supposed to run the whole weekend, ended up being cancelled early causing some people to lose out. But if anything, your frustration should be directed at Expedia for botching the implementation of the offer - and certainly not at the fellow FT'ers who snagged a great deal before Expedia clarified/tightened up the T&C of the promo.
There is another element that Shareholder does not realize and I am surprised that being an FTer for a decade and over 10,000 posts, a person would not have thought about this - the promo could be SOLD OUT even by the bookings from Canadians because flight capacity is a finite supply! For deals like that, you do NOT "co-ordinate" with your friends for days (deal opened to book since Friday with emails to Canadian subscribers) and hope flights are still available towards the last hours of the deal. I would venture to say even Expedia.ca did not pull the deal, the low priced flights are long gone. Then Shareholder may whine about all it is left is the $500+ packages...

I think if the complain is from a noobie, he/she may get some sympathy... coming from an FTer with such a long history makes you wonder why there is such lacking of basic common sense in this complain...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.