Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2010, 10:49 am

Programs: AA EXP - 2MM, NYC-MetroCard,
Originally Posted by awpeters
I came across this thread after the second post, having just arrived to PEK for a 56 hour MR. I'd been traveling for 27 hours, and had just checked into the wonderful new Crowne Plaza Sun Palace for $30/night, it was 1:30am Beijing time.
sounds like the PIT-PEK deal on AA....we booked that one too and are leaving on Thursday to spend Thanksgiving in Beijing ;-)
Old Nov 21, 2010, 10:51 am

Programs: LH G, CO G, BA B, HH G, PC P, SW G, Sixt P, Hertz G and YES A|Club G :)
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Just want to thank all those leeching on this offer for flights not originating in Canada for ruining it for we Canadians who could have legitimately benefited from a promotion that was directed to us. You've ruined lots of travel plans for a lot of people with your piggish rush to the trough! On behalf our my friends and I who were coordinating dates to get together in LAS next month and were going to book today: Thanks a million!
Don't be such a CRY BABY!!!! Blame yourself for coming too late to the party...
Old Nov 21, 2010, 10:54 am

Programs: United 1K
Originally Posted by Rojo
It is $8.40 per day including tax
(This quote is in regards to Hooters "resort" fee.)

So for one of my four trips, I splurged, paying $16 extra to stay at Caesars, only to find out that San Remo...I mean Hooters is going to charge me $8.40. Hope they do waive it and hope at least there is a lot of eye candy!
Old Nov 21, 2010, 10:54 am

Programs: UA, AE
How did people book many multiple itins, if they did not have multiple credit cards?
Old Nov 21, 2010, 10:57 am

Programs: AA Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by rawilliam
How did people book many multiple itins, if they did not have multiple credit cards?
they didn't. those who did used different cards.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 10:57 am

They didn't.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 11:03 am

virtual numbers
Old Nov 21, 2010, 11:03 am

Programs: UA1k, AA EXP, PC Plat, Club Carlson Concierge, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by akonradi
They didn't.
Or they used virtual cards
Old Nov 21, 2010, 11:08 am

Screwed up booking for a friend and didn't enter coupon code.

After several house on phone we were able to get $200 in credit for expedia canada. Ended up rebooking that flight for free w/ coupon code. So now we have $200 expedia canada credit and $240 alaska airlines credit (must pay $75 fee to use) for my $240 screw up. Hopefully will be able to liquidate these credits to cover my loss.

I realized about 5 seconds after hitting button that I screwed up. Definitely my fault, but oh so frustrating.

I know others made similar mistakes w/ coupon codes, so good luck in trying to get some token compensation from expedia (not that they are feeling sorry for people on this deal). I think we had to get to a level 2 or 3 supervisor to finally get credit.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 11:09 am

Thanks for the heads up on the Luxor. I have to say for free I won't be complaining! There are 6 of us going with 3 rooms among us, so we'll just have to "make do" :-). Too bad I didn't realize tower rooms may have been better than the pyramid but what can you do. Free is free!^
Old Nov 21, 2010, 11:10 am

Programs: United 1K
Originally Posted by IAkH
virtual numbers
Some people reported using multiple cards multiple times.

What are virtual number (or virtual cards) People reported they used this. It sure could have helped me out.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 11:11 am

Programs: DL, CO, LH, BA etc...
Some issuers (Citi comes to mind) have the capability to issue a 'disposable' card number - or a multi-use card number with the same merchant. so, if the number gets compromised, it would not be usable elsewhere. it's pretty cool actually...
Old Nov 21, 2010, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by Stoughton
Your welcome!

BTW, I'm only going to be in LAS for 85 minutes - any suggestions on what sights to see at the airport? Want me to drop a dime in the slots for you?
The Wheel of Fortune slot is by far the loudest and most obnoxious so if you could please...
Old Nov 21, 2010, 11:14 am

Programs: UA1k, AA EXP, PC Plat, Club Carlson Concierge, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mkrecek
Some people reported using multiple cards multiple times.

What are virtual number (or virtual cards) People reported they used this. It sure could have helped me out.
they are limited use CC#'s that you generate through your online banking or credit card portal, such as "Shop Safe" at BofA
Old Nov 21, 2010, 11:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by noname
Thanks for the heads up on the Luxor. I have to say for free I won't be complaining! There are 6 of us going with 3 rooms among us, so we'll just have to "make do" :-). Too bad I didn't realize tower rooms may have been better than the pyramid but what can you do. Free is free!^
I appreciate the positive perspective ^ and wish others can see things the same way rather than kvetching about every tiny thing on these deals which are free or next to nothing. Just MHO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.