Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2010, 10:24 am

I ran out of CC numbers and so used my Wells fargo debit card .. I see a charge of $277 from AA scheduled to be posted on 11/22. However I do not see the credit of around $270 from Expedia.ca. I see the payment history in my itinerary and see they have refunded on same day. I am assuming credits show up later on after the actual charge..
Old Nov 21, 2010, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jfkeze
Please don't take it the wrong way, but you seem to have been on FT for over a decade, remember the first rule, book first, think about it later. These things never last, coordination on a free (or almost free) ticket involves a few TXT messages or a call. Sorry man, better luck next time.
I agree; Shareholder please get real. These types of deals need to be acted on IMMEDIATELY. You can't wait to book something that is really too good to be true!
Old Nov 21, 2010, 10:28 am

Programs: UA1k, AA EXP, PC Plat, Club Carlson Concierge, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by MNSWEEps
I ran out of CC numbers and so used my Wells fargo debit card .. I see a charge of $277 from AA scheduled to be posted on 11/22. However I do not see the credit of around $270 from Expedia.ca. I see the payment history in my itinerary and see they have refunded on same day. I am assuming credits show up later on after the actual charge..
Yah it can take a couple days for the credit to post to the card depends on the bank, also while a charge will show as pending almost right after the transaction even though it will take a couple of days to actually post, a credit won't show as pending prior to posting.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by LAX21
Seriously, this deal was right up there with the BA $20 ClubWorld and the NW BUH one.
What was the NW BUH?

Originally Posted by awpeters
Thank goodness for skype. You see, they block google voice in China.
Uh, Google Voice only works in the US, it's not "blocked". Google Call works in China though, as does Google Chat. Anyway, hope you're enjoying your sick MR. I'm sleepy just thinking about it! I thought my Europe MR last year was bad...

Well, we'll see if this holds water. Any thoughts about making changes to plane tickets to later dates/times?
Old Nov 21, 2010, 10:32 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Shareholder
Just want to thank all those leeching on this offer for flights not originating in Canada for ruining it for we Canadians who could have legitimately benefited from a promotion that was directed to us. You've ruined lots of travel plans for a lot of people with your piggish rush to the trough! On behalf our my friends and I who were coordinating dates to get together in LAS next month and were going to book today: Thanks a million!
Your welcome!

BTW, I'm only going to be in LAS for 85 minutes - any suggestions on what sights to see at the airport? Want me to drop a dime in the slots for you?
Old Nov 21, 2010, 10:35 am

nm nm nm
Old Nov 21, 2010, 10:36 am

Exclamation

Originally Posted by geeprice
Yah it can take a couple days for the credit to post to the card depends on the bank, also while a charge will show as pending almost right after the transaction even though it will take a couple of days to actually post, a credit won't show as pending prior to posting.
thanks..i feel relieved..
Old Nov 21, 2010, 10:37 am

also seems officially dead from Canada too... I tried using YVR - LAS - YVR and it says COUPON IS NOT VALID ..
Old Nov 21, 2010, 10:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by mnredfox
What was the NW BUH?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...t=NW+bucharest

It was in "B" class on NW so earned a bonus for premium fare and yes, it was a sweet deal. ^
Old Nov 21, 2010, 10:40 am

Congratulations to everyone who got in on this deal. I didnt haven any plans on going to US this year and I didnt start to think outside the box before it was to late I just discovered that those SPA certificates is valid in the hotels in Thailand where I will spend christmas/new years..
Old Nov 21, 2010, 10:43 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Just want to thank all those leeching on this offer for flights not originating in Canada for ruining it for we Canadians who could have legitimately benefited from a promotion that was directed to us. You've ruined lots of travel plans for a lot of people with your piggish rush to the trough! On behalf our my friends and I who were coordinating dates to get together in LAS next month and were going to book today: Thanks a million!
Those of us that "leeched" off of the offer were following all the original T&Cs: Expedia.ca was a "Canadian Booking" and we were going to LAS/NY/CUN. If someone goes to the store and buys the last of something that is on sale, do you also call them "leeches" who are in "piggish rush to the trough"?

And even after the modified T&Cs were posted, you could have still bought tickets. I can't see why you're frustrated... well, I can see why you're frustrated (because you didn't get in on the deal) but I can't see why you're upset at those of us that followed the terms and bought many tickets.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 10:45 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by kempis
I didnt haven any plans on going to US this year and I didnt start to think outside the box before it was to late
I was just saying the other day that "Other than a Black Friday trip to a customer in Montreal, I might be done with trips for the year"

Then Friday AM came about and a customer in IN requested a visit the week of 12/29. Then Friday PM came about and I scheduled trips every other day possible for me (when it was under $315, of course)
Old Nov 21, 2010, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Jeez,shareholder

As an AC SE,I am surprised at your comment.

AC may likely have left you in Y with room in the J cabin ex LAS
Old Nov 21, 2010, 10:48 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, AA, BA, US
Originally Posted by JFKSFOLAX_friend
OMG. I love it. Post of the year in my book!
+1
Old Nov 21, 2010, 10:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Kudos to those who got in
for those who didn't, better luck next time

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.