Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Old Nov 21, 2010, 9:48 am

[QUOTE=Katemari;

I spent 2 hours and a half today on the phone with Expedia (+3h yesterday) and they said today they cannot cancel it, the flight is non-refundable. And when I asked about my 300 credit, they said the deal is not on. I argued that the deal was on when I purchased and that is what it's in my itinerary history.

They said my hotel was already cancelled, by the way! Suggestion: check if your hotel is really booked.[/QUOTE]

Does you confirmation show the $300 coupon applied? If it did, just dispute with your CC company. Or go look up payment history of your itinerary, see if there's a refund pending from Expedia.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by Katemari
The thing is all it was supposed to be debited from my account was 98 canadian dollars. I managed to book only one trip! I don't get why they are trying to charge me 200+
The credit and debit are separate charges
Old Nov 21, 2010, 9:51 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Originally Posted by NYC101
Does you confirmation show the $300 coupon applied? If it did, just dispute with your CC company. Or go look up payment history of your itinerary, see if there's a refund pending from Expedia.
yup, I looked up mine.
one was C$250 charged and c$250 refunded by expedia.
the other was charged c$4 (as it was over c$300)
I got a printout of both.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 9:52 am

Programs: DL Platinum, CO Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jason8612
hmm
so I'm still confused a bit.
for the throwaway flight would I:
1. no-show
2. checkin and no-show
3. call and cancel

I'm thinking 1.

and for the throwaway hostel
1. no-show
2. call and cancel

I'm thinking 1

As for the flight, I would suggest checking in. In normal circumstances, I don't think it really matters whether you check-in or not. However, due to the various versions and language in the TOS regarding cancellation, I would take a few precautions. A no-show = cancelled flight. Checking in online will at least get your feet in the door so to speak (regardless of whether you fly or not). In the event that x.ca system checks on you (which I don't even believe happens), at least it will show that you "checked-in" to the flight. Also, having a boarding pass will be one more document that will help in your favor in the very unlikely event of having to fight with x.ca.

As for the ho(s)tel, no-show. These ho(s)tels are already pre-paid by Expedia. This is also why the ho(s)tel charges do not appear on your credit card. I have NEVER heard of any ho(s)tel ever "reporting" back to x regarding whether a customer actually checked-in. These rooms are paid for and done.

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by tcook052
You snooze, you lose I believe is the adage most applicable to your sour grapes lament.
+1

What a ludicrous rant

Programs: DL DM; 2MM
Originally Posted by Sinoed09
If you want to blame anyone you should point your finger at Expedia for their colossal oversight. It shouldn't have been difficult to limit this offer to the originating country so that this didn't happen. Or to limit it to one per person - via passport number or name - which would have been the best idea. I'm not suprised it got pulled, there was no way they expected a massive surge in bookings like that from us Canadians.
+1 ^

Originally Posted by Shareholder
Are you serious?! After most of you booked invalid tickets (i.e. originating from the US and not Canada) and are not Canadian residents, costing someone several thousands of dollars, you really think they'd like to celebrate this little fiasco?

Originally Posted by CDKing
*Moved from DO thread to here where it belongs:

You have 28K posts on FT and have been around for years, you should know by now how this works. Most of the bookings were made when the T&C did not say you had to fly from Canada or be a Canadian citizen. We weren't physically in Canada but we paid in Canadian funds to the Canadian Division of expedia, These are canadian bookings plan and simple as required by the origional T&C

And not blame only US "leeches" ... this deal was widely reported - and booked - in Europe too.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 9:53 am

Went to expedia.com to check on our itineraries and was so bummed to see they had all been deleted, then...I realized I'd forgotten the ca portion and there they were. Sigh of relief!
Looking forward to the Vegas Luxor.^
Old Nov 21, 2010, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by jason8612
yup, I looked up mine.
one was C$250 charged and c$250 refunded by expedia.
the other was charged c$4 (as it was over c$300)
I got a printout of both.
Yep, this should be our lifeline when it comes to CC dispute time... Hopefully we never have to go thru the hassle. But better be prepared than sorry.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 10:02 am
2mg

Really?

Just want to thank all those leeching on this offer for flights not originating in Canada for ruining it for we Canadians who could have legitimately benefited from a promotion that was directed to us. You've ruined lots of travel plans for a lot of people with your piggish rush to the trough! On behalf our my friends and I who were coordinating dates to get together in LAS next month and were going to book today: Thanks a million!
You've been on this site since 1999 and you're just now complaining about a piggish rush to the trough. I hope this is just an example of your wicked sense of humor and if not I'm curious how many non-Canadian-based deals you've attempted to use over the past 11 years.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 10:02 am

Programs: Credit Cards
Originally Posted by noname
Went to expedia.com to check on our itineraries and was so bummed to see they had all been deleted, then...I realized I'd forgotten the ca portion and there they were. Sigh of relief!
I had a very dissappointing stay at the Luxor... while the web site advertises 4* rooms, mine was 2* at best. They also sting you with a steep resort fee, so be prepared!
Old Nov 21, 2010, 10:05 am

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8320/4.5.0.81 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Originally Posted by TrueBlueFlyer
Originally Posted by noname
I had a very dissappointing stay at the Luxor... while the web site advertises 4* rooms, mine was 2* at best. They also sting you with a steep resort fee, so be prepared!
I concur. Luxor is a lot like a motel, room and amenity-wise. Think Super 8 or something like that.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 10:07 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by vatraveler
[SIZE=1]
I concur. Luxor is a lot like a motel, room and amenity-wise. Think Super 8 or something like that.
But... but.. the inclinators!!
Old Nov 21, 2010, 10:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by vatraveler
Disagree. My tower room was very nicely appointed, though have heard the Pyramid rooms are older and not as nice. I certainly didn't mind a 3 night stay there but obviously YMMV.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 10:14 am
Suspended

Just want to thank all those leeching on this offer for flights not originating in Canada for ruining it for we Canadians who could have legitimately benefited from a promotion that was directed to us. You've ruined lots of travel plans for a lot of people with your piggish rush to the trough! On behalf our my friends and I who were coordinating dates to get together in LAS next month and were going to book today: Thanks a million!
OMG. I love it. Post of the year in my book!
Old Nov 21, 2010, 10:16 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
I booked a top tier room at the flamingo and prepaid transport to/from LAS, and the coupon was still in excess of the charges. That is probably better than the Texas something or other. Is the Madem Tusseman Wax Museum worth going?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.