Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2010, 8:56 am

Programs: AP, HHonours Diamond
Thumbs up Refund Shows up!

My Refund has gone through even before the charge.

The Charge - Refund will = The price after $300 voucher applied = What I was shown at the payment page. ^

Last edited by payam81; Nov 21, 2010 at 1:55 pm Reason: Removed screencaps
Old Nov 21, 2010, 8:57 am
2mg

Originally Posted by schley
BTW everyone who wanted to call Expedia while the deal was still active, now the coast is clear.
I think the hold times of 3+ hours will discourage anyone from calling.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by 2mg
I think the hold times of 3+ hours will discourage anyone from calling.
Its absolutely ridiculous. I understand they must be busy but 3+ hours is unacceptable.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 9:02 am

Programs: AP, HHonours Diamond
Originally Posted by pulseeric

Note the following:

It seems crystal-clear that one can ditch their hotel, and even modify their flight, if they wish. As far as no-show goes, I would suggest at least checking into your flight online 24 hours before. Perhaps the more inexperienced travelers should consider taking the advice of the numerous veterans of this site at face-value before posting any more redundant and paranoid posts!
BUT the terms of coupon, or at least the revised T&C says if you cancel any portion you will be charged the full amount before the $300 voucher.

No-Show ≠ Cancel

So it's best just to No-Show and not risk any further T&C breach specially if booking was made after the new T&C went in to force.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by payam81

The Charge - Refund will = The price after $300 voucher applied = What I was shown at the payment page. ^
Wow, this is weird. I used Amex too, booked Friday Afternoon. So far no refund on my CC stmt.

One question, if one does a no show at a LAS hotel, will he/she get charged for the resort fee? In other words, does Expedia pass our CC info to the hotel?
Old Nov 21, 2010, 9:08 am
2mg

Originally Posted by NYC101
Wow, this is weird. I used Amex too, booked Friday Afternoon. So far no refund on my CC stmt.

One question, if one does a no show at a LAS hotel, will he/she get charged for the resort fee? In other words, does Expedia pass our CC info to the hotel?
My understanding is that we pay the hotel directly upon check-in or check-out. As for the 3+ hours of hold time - I think I'll just eat the extra cost over $300 ($80), instead of spending my Sunday tied to a phone.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 9:08 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS

I did Fri afternoon as well. I think we should wait til Tues.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 9:10 am

Programs: HH Silver

No, Expedia does not pass on credit card numbers. It depends upon the hotel if you will be charged the resort fee. Last month I booked a hotel through expedia, and when I checked out, wasnt charged the resort fee. Then I noticed that it was built into the taxes and fee that I paid expedia. I noticed this because hotels that had similar nightly rates only had 1/2 the tax.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 9:12 am

I think expedia.ca took note of some of my personal info (birthday, FF#, or something). After multiple attempts with new laptops, new credit cards, new tel#, new emails, I still can't get the voucher to book. or maybe the system is smart enough now to stop the voucher from applying when I click non Canada Billing address... I get the following message:

"The voucher code you entered is not valid. Please check the code and enter it again or select I don't have a voucher to continue"

Is anyone experiencing the same problem?
Yes, I had that problem. However, when I made a (oopsie!) typo in my name and address the voucher went through. Reversed two letters in my middle name (like "i e" to "e i" in recieve/receive).

The hotel bills the resort fee directly, if you don't show up or checkout early you do not pay for those days. Who knew Hooters hotel had a resort fee???

I also have the refund credit posted to my amex, booked friday. Funny thing is the airline hasn't posted the charge yet, so I have a $270 credit balance lol!
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
What about the airline? would it be better to check-in online and not show, or just not use it at all?
Old Nov 21, 2010, 9:15 am

Programs: Aeroplan
BUT the terms of coupon, or at least the revised T&C says if you cancel any portion you will be charged the full amount before the $300 voucher.

No-Show ≠ Cancel
My TOS on my itinerary doesn't say that at all - and I booked it before they changed the terms on the original coupon. I'm wondering if they changed the rules later and updated the intinerary's? The email confirmation was Saturday Nov. 20 at 3:30 am - so long before the updated coupon was out. Be careful if you try to change your package!

As a someone who is relatively new to this, can someone explain why a No-Show ≠ Cancel?

Also, for the seasoned FT's who are skipping portions of the package, why would you want to 'check-in' versus just not showing up? Wouldn't that be worse than not showing up at all?
Old Nov 21, 2010, 9:20 am

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Just want to thank all those leeching on this offer for flights not originating in Canada for ruining it for we Canadians who could have legitimately benefited from a promotion that was directed to us. You've ruined lots of travel plans for a lot of people with your piggish rush to the trough! On behalf our my friends and I who were coordinating dates to get together in LAS next month and were going to book today: Thanks a million!
Get real Shareholder and stop whining a FTer deal of a lifetime (for me at least)!
You snooze you lose, it's a capitalist market, things changed every minute, i can't go back to tell the airline 5 days later i wanted to fly on day 1 instead of day 2 without incurring a change fee.

And this is from a Canadian and 3 friends who coordinated our trip within 2 hours, and we're doing BUF-LAS so not everyone that bought stole your bit.
so if you really motivated to go, you would've done whatever possible to get it done. As a 10000+ poster, you should know better that mistake fares don't wait for you, you see them, you pounce on it quick.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by muppetx
The hotel bills the resort fee directly, if you don't show up or checkout early you do not pay for those days. Who knew Hooters hotel had a resort fee???
It is $8.40 per day including tax
Old Nov 21, 2010, 9:25 am

Programs: DL DM; 2MM
Originally Posted by payam81

+1 ... instantly after booking

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.