Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2010, 6:33 pm

Just booked 2x CLT-CUN, 2x BWI-CUN, and 1x BOS-CUN for a family Christmas trip. Thanks OP!
Old Nov 20, 2010, 6:34 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

two errors now when you apply the coupon:

1. The voucher code you entered is not valid. Please check the code and enter it again or select I don't have a voucher to continue.

2. This purchase does not meet the carrier or booking class restrictions of the selected voucher. For more information, please refer to the voucher rules.

Tried Chrome, FF, and Rockmelt, Safari

EDIT: Jetblue fares do NOT work. US Air other most likely will.

Last edited by AMRivlin; Nov 20, 2010 at 6:47 pm
Old Nov 20, 2010, 6:39 pm

Programs: UA (Premier Exec.)
Expedia charges FULL AMOUNT to the CC but will refund the difference in 4-7 bd

Originally Posted by BillyBaloney
The deal is not dead. It is most definitely not dead. About 10 minutes ago, I completed booking round trip from TPA to LAS. Staying at a 3 star property for 3 days. Cost with taxes is 88 bucks.

At first, I was using Firefox and it would not accept the code. I also have Slimbrowser that I use in place of IE. I opened that up, started from scratch, entered SAVE300, and it worked first time.

I took screenshots of everything. Personally I don't see how they can take back the $300 since they already accepted and "charged" me the difference.

Traveller and cost summary
Total amount charged C$88.43

I have booked a few trips using this cert. actually, but had to use different credit card for each or it would say the code is no longer valid, so I do hope I will be refunded for the difference. Everyone !!!!!! who booked fares using this cert. if you think you were changed the total fare price quoted "total amount charged" make sure you check your credit card and also print the payment history located on the final booking page. They charge FULL AMOUNT of the fare, but under the payment history they say what amount is charged by the airline and what amount will be refunded by the Expedia. So, I do hope that they will refund me the difference, because as of now I only see full amount charged on my credit cards. And when I called them to clarify this, they said it will take from 4-7 business days to receive the full refund, BUT in the worst case it could take up to 2 business cycles (which is 2 month) ( So, keep track your credit card charges to make sure you get full refund.

P.S. I did the bookings before I noticed change of terms in the language of cert. and I printed a copy of the terms the do not say ONE PER PERSON, but "one per booking". On the beginning though, it does say: canadian bookings only (which I understood as using expedia.ca). So, will see what comes out of it. My fist trip is with my husband tomorrow, from ORD to LGA.

Last edited by sobo1; Nov 20, 2010 at 6:45 pm Reason: na
Old Nov 20, 2010, 6:41 pm

Programs: Former UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by AMRivlin
two errors now when you apply the coupon:

1. The voucher code you entered is not valid. Please check the code and enter it again or select I don't have a voucher to continue.

2. This purchase does not meet the carrier or booking class restrictions of the selected voucher. For more information, please refer to the voucher rules.

Tried Chrome, FF, and Rockmelt.
You are on expedia.ca not expedia.com? I see that your home base is in Canada. The new language does not impact you! Hmm, new rules say you can only use it once. Hope you made a simple mistake in the rush to book and you will be traveling!

Explore

PS Have you booked before with that CC?
Suspended

You can look up pending charges with AMEX online. It is a new feature.

Programs: Marriott Plat
Not dead. You might have to click "apply and reprice" about 20 times after you put in the voucher code, but it does work. Just make sure the total shows the right amount before you hit submit.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by sobo1
I have booked a few trips using this cert. actually, but had to use different credit card for each or it would say the code is no longer valid, so I do hope I will be refunded for the difference. Everyone !!!!!! who booked fares using this cert. if you think you were changed the total fare price quoted "total amount charged" make sure you check your credit card and also print the payment history located on the final booking page. They charge FULL AMOUNT of the fare, but under the payment history they say what amount is charged by the airline and what amount will be refunded by the Expedia. So, I do hope that they will refund me the difference, because as of now I only see full amount charged on my credit cards. And when I called them to clarify this, they said it will take from 4-7 business days to receive the full refund, BUT in the worst case it could take up to 2 business cycles (which is 2 month) ( So, keep track your credit card charges to make sure you get full refund.

Two statement cycles is holdover language for people who do not access their accounts online.

If something gets credited in 2-3 days, and your statement gets issued just beforehand, it could take up to "two statement cycles" before you see it, since it wouldn't be printed until about a month from now. Hence that language being used here and by others.

It will take a few days for the credit, just like it will take a few days for the charge.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 6:46 pm

Programs: UA *G
Per the new terms; I wouldn't risk booking right now, and would not expect a credit. It clearly says originating from Canada now, and 1 per person.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Rojo
For those of you concerned about Expedia canceling your flights and hotel, I don't think it will be done this weekend. Expedia will need hundreds of agents working extra hours on a Saturday night and Sunday to go through the thousands of bookings done yesterday and today. I don't see Expedia canceling anything until they assess the damages and come up with a strategy to solve the problem. Of course, this is only my opinion, but just think about it...
+1.^

There will be a lot of manual labor involved, if x.ca decides to pursue it. There is no way to do this automatically as some SAVE300 bookings are valid.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 6:48 pm

Programs: PC: Platinum, DL: PM, National: Exec
Originally Posted by sobo1
So, I do hope that they will refund me the difference, because as of now I only see full amount charged on my credit cards. And when I called them to clarify this, they said it will take from 4-7 business days to receive the full refund
If you had been following the thread, you would have read that many people, including myself, have already had the credit posted. I am surprised you felt the need to call them just to clarify how the refund works.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by TerryK
+1.^

There will be a lot of manual labor involved, if x.ca decides to pursue it. There is no way to do this automatically as some SAVE300 bookings are valid.
Actually, all of the bookings before they updated the terms are valid.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 6:53 pm

Programs: UA (Premier Exec.)
Originally Posted by patrickATX
If you had been following the thread, you would have read that many people, including myself, have already had the credit posted. I am surprised you felt the need to call them just to clarify how the refund works.

No, I did not have time to read through 100&some pages of the thread, just the last 3. But I was checking my credit card and no credit just yet. I did book it before the change of terms on the cert. Maybe it depends on what credit company it is...
Old Nov 20, 2010, 6:54 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA E- inhabitant

Last edited by jetta2.0t; Mar 20, 2013 at 7:44 pm
Old Nov 20, 2010, 6:55 pm
aly

Originally Posted by Explore SE Asia
I just hope they do not pull the plug after my flight to Las Vegas on Monday! No way home!!

Once things calm down, I would like to see if some of us can get together for a do. Anybody arriving around 6pm on Monday?

Explore

PS Given the change in language, I would NOT be booking at this point, unless I was departing from a Canadian city.
Originally Posted by JBLUA320
Per the new terms; I wouldn't risk booking right now, and would not expect a credit. It clearly says originating from Canada now, and 1 per person.
for those of us IN Canada; have u been able to book more then 1 with the voucher with the new rules?

Last edited by aly; Nov 20, 2010 at 7:05 pm
Old Nov 20, 2010, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by amejr999
Darn... I screwed up and didn't apply the voucher code. Anyone else have this happen, and any luck getting it canceled?
Yes- only I DID put the voucher code in (made triple sure each time) and on TWO of my itineraries (my husbands), the confirmation emails omit the voucher and I've been charged full price. I'm on hour three now of my (speaker-phoned) call with Expedia- he's not being friendly at all. Don't think I'll have much luck but I'll report back.

FYI, however, he says the deal is legit and doesn't seem like (on his end anyway) there is any thought of canceling bookings. Seems like they're just trying to do damage control by nipping the damage in the bud if at all possible.

In addition to my husband's lack of vouchers, his confirmation codes were not working with United- they had me booked for two flights a piece and him for zero. After a bit of sleuthing work I was able to prove that despite their accusations, I did enter his information into the system, and now his original confirmation codes are back up. Pay close attention to everything in those emails and confirm everything!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.