Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Old Nov 20, 10, 4:40 pm

Exclamation Remember!

You want to print these out in hard copy just to be safe:

1) The original email offer. This is the offer originally emailed out, which includes the original T&C, code, offer, etc. There is no language about Expedia being able to cancel at any time in the original offer. Note that this original PDF shows "per booking" where as now it's "per person", so for all of you who have multiple bookings under your name, you will need to rely on this.
2) Your expedia itinerary
3) Expedia Charges. Log into your expedia.ca itinerary and click on "My Payment History". This will show the transactional history on charges. Print this out.
4) Airline Itinerary. Log into your airline (such as JetBlue) with the confirmation code, and print out the intinerary.
5) Airline Receipt/Payment. On JetBlue, when you click View Itinerary, there's one more link called "View eTicket Receipt". Mine showed some taxes, with final amount zero'd out. Print that out.
6) Your credit card transactions. This will include charges and refunds from Expedia.
7) Hotel confirmation. Call your hotel and confirm. Then have them email you the confirmation.

Hope that helps.
Old Nov 20, 10, 4:40 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels & Radisson Hotel Group

Welcome new members!

I wanted to take a minute to welcome all the new members who joined FT for this deal and/or have their first post in this thread. These deals always bring a lot of newcomers to FT, and we're glad to have you! I encourage you to not just use this website for the "deals," but to actually start reading some other forums. FT is an amazing resource; if you decide to stick around and put in some "work," you can learn things about travel that are beyond your wildest imagination, and even make friends for life. We've all been newbies at some point, and most of us have fond memories of our first deal. I invite you to stay and become addicted to FT!

--jpdx, MR Moderator
Old Nov 20, 10, 4:41 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by jetfuel44 View Post
2-3, I call top bunk!
Got a 5:45A flight out of LGA on the 2nd

Land at 10:00pm on the 1st.

Both hostels will surely enjoy unheard of profits during the month of December!

I would be down to hit some bars then head back to the airport at 2am after getting kicked out from the bar.
Old Nov 20, 10, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by jpdx View Post
I wanted to take a minute to welcome all the new members who joined FT for this deal and/or have their first post in this thread. These deals always bring a lot of newcomers to FT, and we're glad to have you! I encourage you to not just use this website for the "deals," but to actually start reading some other forums. FT is an amazing resource; if you decide to stick around and put in some "work," you can learn things about travel that are beyond your wildest imagination, and even make friends for life. We've all been newbies at some point, and most of us have fond memories of our first deal. I invite you to stay and become addicted to FT!

--jpdx, MR Moderator
But understand - once you start, there is no stopping.
Old Nov 20, 10, 4:42 pm

Programs: Delta, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by geeprice View Post
What bank is the card with?
Local Credit Union - Visa Debit
Old Nov 20, 10, 4:43 pm

Programs: AA PPro, QF Gold, DL Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum
But understand - once you start, there is no stopping.
I totally agree with this. Long time lurker, short time poster. Have completed a few SRs. I can't stay away.
Old Nov 20, 10, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by jpdx View Post

--jpdx, MR Moderator
Thank you!!!

And I'm still on the phone trying to cancel my reservation. Complicated...

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hyatt, SPG
Originally Posted by MDFlyer87 View Post
What significant clarifications? They basically just changed it to another just as vague/generalized statement IMO. How does the new wording in any way clearly state that those buying from the US are ineligible?
Perhaps the bit where it now says:

"Coupon is non-refundable, non-transferable and only available for transactions/travel originating in Canada. One coupon per person. Any portion of the package which is cancelled will make the coupon null and void and the full amount of the package will be charged to the credit card."

That little gem I guess. Transactions originating in Canada could be perhaps argued with. Travel originating in Canada is fairly black and white. And a significant change from before.

Oh, and welcome to FT.

Programs: United, SPG
Deal is dead I think, said voucher isnt valid for nyc, 12/10-12/12

"The voucher code you entered is not valid. Please check the code and enter it again or select I don't have a voucher to continue."
Old Nov 20, 10, 4:45 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Hmm
looked at the CCs
looks like 1 pending charge (ax) for the airfare only one one (aa) for about $200. No hostel nor activities fee.
Other one (Visa)with the jetblue and actual hotel is pending the $4.

I assume I will see a refund soon on the AX for the flight
Old Nov 20, 10, 4:46 pm

Programs: PC: Platinum, DL: PM, National: Exec
Originally Posted by wchang View Post
You want to print these out in hard copy just to be safe:

1) The original email offer. This is the offer originally emailed out, which includes the original T&C, code, offer, etc. There is no language about Expedia being able to cancel at any time in the original offer. Note that this original PDF shows "per booking" where as now it's "per person", so for all of you who have multiple bookings under your name, you will need to rely on this.
2) Your expedia itinerary
3) Expedia Charges. Log into your expedia.ca itinerary and click on "My Payment History". This will show the transactional history on charges. Print this out.
4) Airline Itinerary. Log into your airline (such as JetBlue) with the confirmation code, and print out the intinerary.
5) Airline Receipt/Payment. On JetBlue, when you click View Itinerary, there's one more link called "View eTicket Receipt". Mine showed some taxes, with final amount zero'd out. Print that out.
6) Your credit card transactions. This will include charges and refunds from Expedia.
7) Hotel confirmation. Call your hotel and confirm. Then have them email you the confirmation.

Hope that helps.
Thank you for the pdf, and welcome to FT.
Old Nov 20, 10, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by jason8612 View Post
Hmm
looked at the CCs
looks like 1 pending charge (ax) for the airfare only one one (aa) for about $200. No hostel nor activities fee.
Other one (Visa)with the jetblue and actual hotel is pending the $4.

I assume I will see a refund soon on the AX for the flight

Credits never show as pending against a CC. They just post when they post.
Old Nov 20, 10, 4:49 pm

I booked my air/hotel deals this morning. My final booking was to get show tickets - at 1PM PST (I'd not yet seen the T&C updates). The throwaway flights were ex-USA. All bookings continue to look just fine on xp.ca.
Old Nov 20, 10, 4:51 pm

Programs: PC: Platinum, DL: PM, National: Exec
Originally Posted by channa View Post
Credits never show as pending against a CC. They just post when they post.
My CC actually shows a 274.30 credit from Expedia pending. I think it varies by company. With this card, credits usually show as pending for about 24 hours before they are posted.
Old Nov 20, 10, 4:55 pm

Programs: AA Gold, VA Plat, A3 Gold, Hilton Diamond
2-3, I call top bunk!
I am staying at the Choco Hostel on the 2-3 Dec! I am going to check in and if its a dive as much as the reviews say so move to the YHA!

Search this Thread