Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Old Nov 20, 10, 4:28 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold , National Emerald Exec, Hertz Presidents, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by amejr999 View Post
Spent about 2 hours on hold
I'm at 1 1/2 hours now.

Would probably roll the dice if I booked before noon, but I didn't.

And the price ratcheted up on mine and my daughters, several times during check out.

So, it's an OK deal if honored with the original T and Cs.

And I started to book before noon, just went out for a few hours and then completed the booking.

But with the chance of the $300 not being honored, I'm out, if I can ever get through.
Old Nov 20, 10, 4:28 pm

Just got lax-Las $131 a/i- I have not received confirmation! Would they try to charge me whole $431,if didn't authorize it?
Old Nov 20, 10, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by amejr999 View Post
Spent about 2 hours on hold, and then the rep checked with her supervisor and was able to get it canceled. Moral of the story-- if you wait too long, probably no luck. But if you call right away you might have a shot.
Well... if after calling them while the deal was hot, and it's still not dead.... That's reassuring for the rest of us that it'll stick.

Was excited earlier this year to be going to India only to have BA crush my hopes. Hope Vegas sticks!
Old Nov 20, 10, 4:30 pm

Faith

Originally Posted by jetfuel44 View Post
Dear Flyertalk. Can I have my afternoon back?

K thanks...
I hear you!!!
I'm so sad...

But after hours on hold I finally talked to a human being in Expedia and he is now cancelling my purchase, for my mom.
Oh, well, that was a great deal.

So, he said there won't be any charges at all if I cancel today, I asked if I canceled tomorrow it would be fine as well, he said that then there would have been charges, but because I had just booked, it would be fine.

Let's see...
Old Nov 20, 10, 4:30 pm

Programs: *G, SPG, OW Sapphire
I might stop by the chocotel and check in to be safe. Impromptu FT hostel party?
Beware the bedbugs!
Old Nov 20, 10, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by johndeere19 View Post
Beware the bedbugs!
How could something that sounds so delicious be infested?

I'm picturing charlie and the chocolate factory.... with bunkbeds!
Old Nov 20, 10, 4:32 pm

Programs: UA1k, AA EXP, PC Plat, Club Carlson Concierge, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Dear Flyertalk. Can I have my afternoon back?

K thanks...
Afternoon, I am out 24 hours at this point with who knows how many more to go, Oh well it beats working
Old Nov 20, 10, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by nzpilot View Post
Welcome to FT odog1121. Never knew XP sold golf clubs....
This was a third party merchant on Amazon.com. I'm just playing devil's advocate here. When I saw the deal this morning, I was trying to come up with reasons and people that have time to go to either Vegas or NYC with me. When I decided they had changed the T&C so it appeared to be more risky than before. Decided to not pull the trigger. I'm just curious on how this might come out.

Programs: Frontier 100K, AC SE100K, BA Gold, WN A-/CP, Hyatt Globalist
the most recent 2 trips booked (4hrs ago and 30 seconds ago) show a different summary in the payment history link on the itinierary page:

these show a charge but no credit. the charge is, however, for the net expected final checkout $$ amount after the credit was applied, so about $10 on one and $80 on the other.

anyone else seeing this?
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

I might stop by the chocotel and check in to be safe. Impromptu FT hostel party?
Or, in my case, Fresh Hotel and Hostel, what an ugly name.... It has 1.5 stars

What dates though? Mine is Dec 1-2.

Programs: AP, HHonours Diamond
Originally Posted by rjw242 View Post
Furthermore, if a $300 charge from Expedia appears on my credit card a month after I've taken this trip, it's getting disputed as fraudulent activity. This language about charging the full value of the reservation for canceled portions wasn't in the T&C when I originally booked the trip (and even if it was, I doubt they'd have a leg to stand on, charging you retroactively for a no-show).
I was actually quoting the cancellation penalties off the T&C of the reservation itself, not the SAVE300 voucher. But your points stand in regards to the previous T&C not mentioning anything about retroactive charges for no-shows. I actually don't think it says anything about no-shows in the new version either, rather talks about the correct usage of the voucher etc.

No-show without a fear.

Expedia and Hotels.com

Hotels.com being a sister company of Expedia, they too have similar deals going on focusing on NY/CUN/LAS.

http://www.hotels.ca/
Old Nov 20, 10, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by golfingboy View Post
Or Fresh Hotel and Hostel, what an ugly name.... It has 1.5 stars

What dates though? Mine is Dec 1-2.
2-3, I call top bunk!
Old Nov 20, 10, 4:37 pm

Programs: UA1k, AA EXP, PC Plat, Club Carlson Concierge, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by WesNSpace View Post
Just got my refund/credit

11-20-2010 POS Return EXPEDIA*TRAVEL / 800-367-3476 ONCA 275.59
What bank is the card with?
Old Nov 20, 10, 4:39 pm

I booked this trip AFTER noon and all seats are assigned

I did NOT read the update and booked 7x this afternoon, a family group going to CUN. It was well after 5 pm EST. I did read some of the fine print and interpreted it to mean that the booking has to originate from the ex.ca site, but I didn\'t read anything more.

All seats have been already assigned by the airline. I also paid a slight upgrade fee (about $30 p/p) for several of the passengers, this fee went directly to the airline, through ex.ca. So does this mean that if the whole shebang is canceled, ex.ca is going to refund me in full and eat that extra $$ paid to the airline?

My itinerary shows that payments were received by ex.ca and I was immediately refunded the $300 ($275+ US). In ALL bookings.

My wager is that this deal holds.

Will be interesting to see what happens.

Last edited by elizadoo; Nov 20, 10 at 4:47 pm

Search this Thread