Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Old Nov 20, 2010, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by payam81
Here it is, just for a the sake of a few more LOLs:

(Mind you this was back in the morning EST when I screencapped it, not that it could get any more full than this)

haahah...that is classssic. i wonder if you can do that for some of the larger chains. would be crazy to see caesars or bellagio sold out like that

Programs: DL PM, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, AmExPlat
Originally Posted by vitira
Oh boy: I went to look at my itineraries on Expedia and it returned

"The itinerary that you entered has been deleted."

I had three, all are gone. Any ideas? Has this happened to anyone else? I don't want to sound alarmist here, but I think they might be reneging on their contractual obligations.
That's an error message -- I just got it too a few minutes ago, signed out, then back in again (as a guest, then click on "find my itinerary" and enter your email and itin #), and it came up just fine. I think their website is going haywire today with the traffic. It may take several attempts, so be patient.

I booked twice late last night (me and hubby on separate "bookings") and helped my daughter and SIL book twice this morning, right before noon PT, and all are showing up just fine, all are showing "refunded" in the payment history on expedia.ca, and we've even received confirmation emails from Delta.

I believe Expedia will honor at least those itineraries booked and confirmed prior to noon PT today, when they changed the terms. And yes, I agree the current wording is still vague enough so as not to exclude a "transaction" originating in Canada, which booking through expedia.ca IS, regardless of residence or departing airport location.

Reservations from yesterday all loading on xp.ca, AA and jetBlue.

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
My reservations (all 15) are still intact. Most were booked yesterday, but a few were booked around noon ET today.
Are you going LAX-NYC?

15? Are you going for RDMs? I'm assuming you probably have enough EQMs already.

That's my dilemna. I've already qualified for 1k so other than a fun night in Vegas, I didn't see the point since there are somewhat easier (though probably not as cheap) ways to accumulate RDMs than sitting in seats...no?
Old Nov 20, 2010, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by sindjic
Try looking for it with your itinerary numbers that you got in e-mails...
I am seeing all trips on expedia (all booked as guest with the same email address) but not one sign of a refund yet. Most airline charges have posted to the CCs. Oh well, wait and watch

Last edited by learningtime; Nov 20, 2010 at 3:48 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, OnePass
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
When did you book them?
MY APOLOGIES!

Typed in incorrect record locator/last name combo!!!

Still there!!!

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hyatt, SPG
Due, presumably, to the broad interpretation of the rules as to what qualified as a "Canadian Booking", the deal has been updated to include wording that specifies explicitly that travel must both be booked, and originate, in Canada.

And this official promo page has CHANGED in the last hour with those updates now reflected.

http://www.expedia.ca/daily/voucher/save300.html

So if you are trying to book <US CITY> - LAS or NYC then you are now SOL.

I have no idea if they will honour those bookings made by US residents, on a US credit card for an entirely domestic US booking or if they will try and back out of them.

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Card with C$4 didn't go through, but the other VISA debit where I had about Ł60 let the booking through [and took all that money]. xp shows airline fee of C$186 and XP refund of $183 - the total charge should be C$3.73

Not bad for a SFO-LAS return flight on UA [Upgrade already requested] and 2 nights at Tropicana.

Originally Posted by Catusa
Well, thats how my first transaction was processed. And in the Expedia payment history it shows this too. A charge and then a credit. However, in the 2nd and 3rd transaction it was processed very differently. Here is what the transaction looks like for them:

Package booking cost: C$245.11
Taxes & service fees: C$58.15

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Package total: C$3.26

and, in payment history it shows only the charge. Unless, I have some overdraft protection I have forgotten about in this rarely used account, it wouldn't have been approved if there had been an attempt to charge 620 or so CAD. For the pp who asked, it is a major airline's credit union's Visa Debit Card.

Programs: UA, AA, Marriott
I used SAVE300 and i am getting

The voucher code you entered is not valid. Please check the code and enter it again or select I don't have a voucher to continue.

anyone else is getting this?
Old Nov 20, 2010, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by sindjic
Talk about BE ALL YOU CAN BE!!!!
Well, only four were for me personally...

Programs: AA ExP
Originally Posted by BarbiJKM
That's an error message -- I just got it too a few minutes ago, signed out, then back in again (as a guest, then click on "find my itinerary" and enter your email and itin #), and it came up just fine.
That's exactly what happened. That happened to me last night when I was signed in as a different guest. I just logged out and it worked fine.
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Mine said deleted until i realized i went to expedia.com HAHAHAHA. its till on .ca
Old Nov 20, 2010, 3:44 pm

Programs: UA1k, AA EXP, PC Plat, Club Carlson Concierge, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by TAWS
Kind of ironic that there are some that want to go to Vegas to gamble but don't want to gamble on this promotion even though it is a pretty safe bet.
Well said^
Old Nov 20, 2010, 3:44 pm

Programs: PC: Platinum, DL: PM, National: Exec
Just got upgrades on one of my trips:

Dear patrickATX,

You've been upgraded! We have confirmed your complimentary Medallion® upgrade and highlighted the changes to your itinerary below. There is no need to reconfirm your flights - you can view your itinerary anytime.

Also, all 3 of my itineraries still are showing when i search for them by number on Expedia.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 3:45 pm

Programs: CO Plat, Priority Club Plat
Mine is showing around a 300$ charge... then a 200$ refund... but the total deal was for $400 something... so did it not charge the hotel or what?

Even if the hotel doesn't post, it is still a great deal, as airfare for $100 works for me

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.