Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Trying to qualify for UA 2P (Premier Virgin)

Old Nov 14, 2010, 10:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, BA, UA 2P, Hertz Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Silver

I'm trying to qualify for 2P and need 5103 miles out of MSN, MKE or ORD. I need to do it on a weekend due to no vacation left for the year. The best I can do so far is ORD-IAH-DEN-OAK-DEN-IAH-ORD Dec. 4-5 for $305 + hotel night minus a $150 cert for a total out of pocket of $250ish. I thought about the CO ORD-IAD-DEN-IAD-ORD, but that still leaves me short and I'd need to do one more flight. I can't seem to find a one day MR which will give me the miles I need. Do any of you fine folks have any better suggestions than what I've found so far? I've spent several hours on this and I'd like to book something soon before the window closes.

Last edited by FLYINBELLS; Nov 14, 2010 at 10:40 am Reason: Incomplete sample MR routing Dec. 4-5 (missed 2 segments)
Old Nov 14, 2010, 10:59 am

Programs: UA Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by FLYINBELLS
I'm trying to qualify for 2P and need 5103 miles out of MSN, MKE or ORD. I need to do it on a weekend due to no vacation left for the year. The best I can do so far is ORD-IAH-DEN-OAK-DEN-IAH-ORD Dec. 4-5 for $305 + hotel night minus a $150 cert for a total out of pocket of $250ish. I thought about the CO ORD-IAD-DEN-IAD-ORD, but that still leaves me short and I'd need to do one more flight. I can't seem to find a one day MR which will give me the miles I need. Do any of you fine folks have any better suggestions than what I've found so far? I've spent several hours on this and I'd like to book something soon before the window closes.
There is a bunch of great stuff from MKE, try the MKE - SFO run - I got 2 of these for under 200 each, and that would hit your mileage count... MKE-ORD-LAX-SFO
Old Nov 14, 2010, 11:00 am

Programs: AA-EXP, BAEC Silver, Hyatt-Globalist, Hilton-gold, SPG-gold
How many segments do you currently have? Alot of good segment runs begin in MKE,
Old Nov 14, 2010, 11:07 am
Original Poster

Way off on segments - 21.5 needed.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 11:12 am

You seem to have it figured out. I think $250 seems reasonable according to me
Old Nov 14, 2010, 11:24 am
Original Poster

lifeiscool - even though I'm ok with the cost, I'd like to do it cheaper if at all possible, but more importantly, I'm trying to get it down to one day if I can.

Thanks for the responses so far. ^
Old Nov 15, 2010, 7:18 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
considering that time is flying by, $250ish doesn't sound bad at all. i'd hop on it, especially since you say you can handle the hit.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 8:27 pm
Original Poster

psubill78, thanks!

Next day after you mentioned the MKE-SFO routes, the price dropped to $159AI and I booked 2 back to back Dec. 3 & 4 for $207 out of pocket after cert ^

Looks like I'll qualify for 2P, but I think it's going to be brutal for my virgin MR!!! Fri afternoon - Sun morning (encouragement/sympathy welcomed!)
Old Nov 18, 2010, 7:02 am

Programs: UA Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by FLYINBELLS
Next day after you mentioned the MKE-SFO routes, the price dropped to $159AI and I booked 2 back to back Dec. 3 & 4 for $207 out of pocket after cert ^

Looks like I'll qualify for 2P, but I think it's going to be brutal for my virgin MR!!! Fri afternoon - Sun morning (encouragement/sympathy welcomed!)
I'll be on the 12/11 flight.. out sat am, back sun am...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.