Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(FARE GONE) UA: BUF-BOS 6 segment run ($21/seg AI) $78++ = $128.20AI

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2010, 12:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE, UA 1K

Found this while looking for segment runs to qualify for AC Elite before the end of the year. While priced slightly higher than the golden $20/segment – the availability is good, and Saturday same day turns are possible which made it appealing to me.

BUF-IAD-LGA-BOS-LGA-IAD-BUF. Or BUF-LGA-IAD-BOS ^^ Lots of same day turn possibilities (with varying lengths of time in BOS), and good availability October through mid February 2011.

Looking at the routing rules, it would appear that a double back through two NYC airports on each segment (ie. BUF-LGA-IAD-EWR-BOS) is possible (for a total of 4 transfers each way) but I couldn’t get more than 6 segments (3 transfers each way) total to price out.

Fare Basis: KA7HS

UA and CO also have the same fare ($39.00OW++) but routing rules only allow 1 transfer / segment.

Not bad EQM also for those with 500 mile minimums – $128.20 / (6 * 500 = 3000) = 4.27cpm.

Last edited by peter.jensen; Sep 19, 2010 at 2:35 pm Reason: amended title as fare gone
Old Sep 7, 2010, 2:03 pm

Programs: Alas, the Gravy Train Hath Ended...just happy to be an OW Sapphire and a ST Ivory...whatever
How are you entering this? I am getting $450++...are you entering the segs in seperately, or just going buf-lga, etc?
Old Sep 7, 2010, 2:16 pm
Original Poster

priced it out on .bomb

Originally Posted by theblakefish
How are you entering this? I am getting $450++...are you entering the segs in seperately, or just going buf-lga, etc?
ITA is more forgiving in searching for available dates (BUF :: UA UA UA -- BOS :: UA UA UA will find the fare. You can use matrix 2 to search for all same day returns in a given month.)

on .bomb putting in the segs seperately priced out higher. Fare was bookable by doing a return trip (BUF-BOS-BUF) - entering in the approximate departure times leaving BUF and BOS, specifying up to two connections and searching by price.

Priced out correctly on Dec 10 (same day turn.) $134.30CAD - $128 USD.
Old Sep 7, 2010, 2:55 pm

So would one be possible to spread one way into more than one day trip for about the same or just slightly higher price... I'm just wondering!
Old Sep 7, 2010, 3:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by philosophy_king
So would one be possible to spread one way into more than one day trip for about the same or just slightly higher price... I'm just wondering!
Most definately. The Fare is OW so no minimum stays, etc - just need to make sure there is availability when you want to return.

Being flexible with the number of days you wish to say greatly increases the availability of the fare.

For example two night stays in November are available Nov2-10, Nov 13-17 and Nov 30th.
Old Sep 7, 2010, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by peter.jensen
Most definately. The Fare is OW so no minimum stays, etc - just need to make sure there is availability when you want to return.

Being flexible with the number of days you wish to say greatly increases the availability of the fare.

For example two night stays in November are available Nov2-10, Nov 13-17 and Nov 30th.
Peter are you getting *E by segs or miles?
I have tried to find MR's out of BUF for awhile but nothing great need 20,000 for SE
Old Sep 7, 2010, 3:56 pm

i've seen seg runs on FT mileage run forums today from BUF to BOS and one to CLT Then a seg run CLT to PDX. I found PDX-SFO-HNL-SFO-PDX same day turn for 297 ai. I cant get a split seg run to take advantage of the PDX-HNL route. Is it possible to have a layover for a day or two on a seg run?
Old Sep 7, 2010, 5:19 pm

You mean you can do stopovers (like finish the one way/muli-segments trip in more than one day of time rather than complete all the segments in one day) as what I'm asking? Thanks!

Last edited by philosophy_king; Sep 7, 2010 at 5:32 pm
Old Sep 7, 2010, 5:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by philosophy_king
You mean you can do stopovers (like finish the one way/muli-segments trip in more than one day of time rather than complete all the segments in one day) as what I'm asking? Thanks!
The 4 hours rule applies, so all connections must take place within that window.
Old Sep 7, 2010, 6:01 pm

The 4 hours rule applies, so all connections must take place within that window.
That's right! It will be nice to squeeze in 1+ to 3+ hours layover in between each of the 10 segment rt/5 segment ow trip you posted!!!^

Last edited by philosophy_king; Sep 8, 2010 at 12:14 pm
Old Sep 7, 2010, 6:18 pm

It's all fun!

Last edited by philosophy_king; Sep 7, 2010 at 6:47 pm
Old Sep 19, 2010, 8:26 am

Programs: Hyatt, AA
I can't find the fare any more, ITA says $202 ai. .bomb bombs with "Error, tix not found" or smth
Old Sep 28, 2011, 10:15 am

how many cities did ua serve from BOS?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.