Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(Gone) HA: ICN-HNL-LAS/PHX/PDX/etc C class 699 USD RT

(Gone) HA: ICN-HNL-LAS/PHX/PDX/etc C class 699 USD RT

Old Jul 23, 10, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by 1kBill View Post
Is it possible that someone inadvertently left the cost of the ICN-HNL legs out of the fare construction?
Perhaps... but HNL-(continental US destination here) in C at that price?
Old Jul 23, 10, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by SirJman View Post
When was this deal? I need major HKG nights coming up.
Shenzhen Hyatt booked using the Hyatt Costco rate (plus using Costco Certs). Corp rate in HKG is quite attractive.
Old Jul 23, 10, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pigx5 View Post
I call KE.
There is a reason why many of these Jumbos are not shared anymore. You illustrate the reason why. Sad, very sad.

There is no reason, whatsoever to call right now. Not to HA, Not to KE. Hopefully nothing bad will come of your phone conversation. However, for everyone who admits that they called, another 2-3 do not.

The mantra of Jumbos is:

Do not call while the deal is alive.

This was stated earlier in the thread.
Old Jul 23, 10, 7:28 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, NWA WorldPerks deserter, Alaska Airlines Something-er-Other...
Smile

So I'm not going until waaaaaaaay in December....... Get to see one of my old swimmers (thanks OP and S.Y.!!!)!! Now.... Who is going when? Is anybody scheduled before then? I'm sure many of us would love some input as to what happens! I'm soooooo fighting off temptation to buy another one..... even though I'm a United/Asiana guy, and have NO biz in HNL before December!
Old Jul 23, 10, 7:30 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy PE/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Booked ICN/HNL (full 24 hours) LAX end of November. Christmas Shopping in Itaewon!! Presume the last generation (slanted) Prestige Class seats are utilized on the HNL route being highly leisure. Requested Upper-Deck/Window - KE came back with lower deck aisle. One of the pitfalls of the code share arrangement - but you can't beat the price!
Old Jul 23, 10, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Paella747 View Post
So I'm not going until waaaaaaaay in December....... Get to see one of my old swimmers (thanks OP and S.Y.!!!)!! Now.... Who is going when? Is anybody scheduled before then? I'm sure many of us would love some input as to what happens! I'm soooooo fighting off temptation to buy another one..... even though I'm a United/Asiana guy, and have NO biz in HNL before December!
I'm leaving in mid Aug. Can post an update and will do a TR if I have time.
Old Jul 23, 10, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Paella747 View Post
I'm sure there will be some "dust" on this deal. So after that settles, I'm sure we can start a thread about when people are going. I booked the last possible dates in 2011.
Old Jul 23, 10, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD View Post
Booked ICN/HNL (full 24 hours) LAX end of November. Christmas Shopping in Itaewon!! Presume the last generation (slanted) Prestige Class seats are utilized on the HNL route being highly leisure. Requested Upper-Deck/Window - KE came back with lower deck aisle. One of the pitfalls of the code share arrangement - but you can't beat the price!
You called KE to request sit?
Old Jul 23, 10, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by philosophy_king View Post
You called KE to request sit?
Called HA just to add a generic seating request. They advised precise seat # had already been confirmed, presumably by KE.
Old Jul 23, 10, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Called HA just to add a generic seating request. They advised precise seat # had already been confirmed, presumably by KE.
<Bangs head into table repeatedly.>
Old Jul 23, 10, 8:01 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.1MM, EK Gold, SQ Silver, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
I am not going to be able to use this deal, but to all of you who are calling...........

STOP. STOP CALLING. You can request your seats in 3 days/when the deal dies, whichever is sooner.

Good luck to all those that got in.
Old Jul 23, 10, 8:41 pm

Programs: TG*G, SQ, QF
Huge thanks to the OP for sharing. Booked out to SEA on June 3 and back June 14,... with a 23HR layover on the return... :-)

For anyone caught in the overseas credit card trap, I managed to us a Singapore credit card by changing country to Philippines and putting zip as 00000... ymmv

Lets hope this one hangs around for a while like the DL KUL-YVR/YYZ deal last year... :-)
Old Jul 23, 10, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Thanks for posting OP. Really--thanks. Sorry that some have called the airlines.

I'm not going to take advantage of this one, but it's one hekuva deal.
Old Jul 23, 10, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
On behalf of many here, I would like to say thank you. Thank you for making all others NOT want to share mistake fares like these again. Thank you for making HA aware of this fare and therefore pulling it.
Old Jul 23, 10, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by BlissWorld View Post
On behalf of many here, I would like to say thank you. Thank you for making all others NOT want to share mistake fares like these again. Thank you for making HA aware of this fare and therefore pulling it.
Before you jump the gun HA contacted me regarding a credit card verification issue, and I was asked to call them back before they proceeded with e-ticketing. Nothing was discussed regarding the fare nor the booking itself, at which time a generic request was made.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: