Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(Gone) HA: ICN-HNL-LAS/PHX/PDX/etc C class 699 USD RT

(Gone) HA: ICN-HNL-LAS/PHX/PDX/etc C class 699 USD RT

Old Aug 26, 2010, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by joker545
I would consider being downgraded to Y if a full-refund was offered, but I cannot understand why anyone would accept this offer otherwise. Remember, while this deal was active, the Y fare was between $50-100 less than C for most dates. If I had wanted to fly in Y, I would have bought the cheaper fare!

Assuming nothing changes and it's either downgrade or refund, has anyone considered flying in Y, and then disputing the CC charge? I still plan on showing up to the airport with a copy of my original itinerary in C...as I'm assuming I won't be allowed to board in C, do you think I will have to sign any forms "agreeing" to the downgrade in order to fly? If not, it seems like this would be an open and shut way to travel on your selected dates (albeit in Y), while still being refunded/
For your last sentence, you mean you got refunded? Yes I would agree I might consider downgraded too but + full refund!!!!! I mean it just count as using the useless $600 voucher
Old Aug 26, 2010, 6:48 pm

You may want to compromise so that the issue can be resolved

aloha

Last edited by soccerpapi; Aug 30, 2010 at 6:08 pm
Old Aug 26, 2010, 11:06 pm

Programs: TG*G, SQ, QF
Just a quick query before I crawl out from under my rock and finally phone them up.

Has anyone with flights next year between ICN and the mainland and agreeing to swap KE for (inferior) HA metal had any success in getting stopovers (>24Hrs) allowed in the islands in both directions on the way as part of the settlement.?

Thanks for any info..
Old Aug 27, 2010, 12:18 am

Originally Posted by soccerpapi
I am having an issue with another major company that when I talk them, I just get more angry at the lack of customer service and taking responsibility to resolve the issue. Maybe that is why I get nowhere with them in resolving the problem. So believe me, I can relate to some your frustrations.

It may be the same for some posters here that can not come to an agreement with Hawaiian. I was lucky and had pleasant and cordial conversations with three very good representatives and things worked out for me.

For those of you who are flying after Hawaiian starts service HNL - ICN - HNL, I would suggest that you take the offer and fly with Hawaiian in Business class. If you are going onto the mainland, you will be in First class, which is supposed to be very good. Try to book on the new A330 if possible. It seems like the best compromise for those traveling after Hawaiian begins service between HNL and ICN.

soccer
So what would you suggest for those of us travelling before January?
Old Aug 27, 2010, 12:23 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
As long as I am on a HDQ list I may show up in one of HA offices as I travel to US in September. This is, of course, subject to what happens/ published here.

The question is, except HNL what is the best HA office in terms of authority allocated (if anyone knows?)? I will only be visiting NYC, MIA, LAS, LAX.
Old Aug 27, 2010, 2:21 am

Programs: DL PM (w/ AmEx), Finnair
Originally Posted by Keter
As long as I am on a HDQ list I may show up in one of HA offices as I travel to US in September. This is, of course, subject to what happens/ published here.

The question is, except HNL what is the best HA office in terms of authority allocated (if anyone knows?)? I will only be visiting NYC, MIA, LAS, LAX.
I think LAX is their mainland home base, otherwise it would be HNL.
Old Aug 27, 2010, 4:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cmdsea
Just a quick query before I crawl out from under my rock and finally phone them up.

Has anyone with flights next year between ICN and the mainland and agreeing to swap KE for (inferior) HA metal had any success in getting stopovers (>24Hrs) allowed in the islands in both directions on the way as part of the settlement.?

Thanks for any info..
I think you can do it. I had success for a stopover one way. Didn't try for both ways.

You can call and always ask. Worst comes to worse you can tell them you need more days to think about it.

It's seems to me that only one person picks up the phone call. I always had the same person pick up no matter what days or what time I called during their working hours.
Old Aug 27, 2010, 10:28 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, NWA WorldPerks deserter, Alaska Airlines Something-er-Other...
Question

I went to the JAG (legal) office on the base I work at today, and they said that I could file a small-claims case in the state most convenient for me, and also sue for the attorney fees.....

The attorney could show up for me that day (CONUS), and I wouldn't have to be there (since I live in Seoul)..... Sound about right? Is this the way to go about it if I wanted to sue? I've already bought a back-up F class ticket to HNL (on UA via NRT) on the exact same dates that this HA ticket is for (it was C now downgraded to Y during Christmas time). The UA F ticket is actually cheaper than buying a new C ticket on Korean Air.

I don't know anything about the law, never even thought of suing anybody in my life.... Just figured I may try this on..... principal ?
Old Aug 27, 2010, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How would you know if you are going to be able to fly KE C or KE Y? Are you going to go to the airport early. The UA flight leaves around noon with a long layover at NRT before getting into HNL. But you arrive about the same time in HNL.
Old Aug 27, 2010, 10:53 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, NWA WorldPerks deserter, Alaska Airlines Something-er-Other...
Originally Posted by fumitani
How would you know if you are going to be able to fly KE C or KE Y? Are you going to go to the airport early. The UA flight leaves around noon with a long layover at NRT before getting into HNL. But you arrive about the same time in HNL.
Oh, at this point, I'm not even planning on trying to get on the KE flight.... My reservation has definitely been downgraded to Y, and there is no point in cutting up at ICN to the KE agents, when they don't really have anything to do with it.....

Guess I shouldn't have said "back-up" flight. I meant 'back-up' in the sense that that is what I'm going to claim I did instead of flying on the ticket that HA downgraded.....
Old Aug 27, 2010, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by Paella747
I went to the JAG (legal) office on the base I work at today, and they said that I could file a small-claims case in the state most convenient for me, and also sue for the attorney fees.....

The attorney could show up for me that day (CONUS), and I wouldn't have to be there (since I live in Seoul)..... Sound about right? Is this the way to go about it if I wanted to sue? I've already bought a back-up F class ticket to HNL (on UA via NRT) on the exact same dates that this HA ticket is for (it was C now downgraded to Y during Christmas time). The UA F ticket is actually cheaper than buying a new C ticket on Korean Air.

I don't know anything about the law, never even thought of suing anybody in my life.... Just figured I may try this on..... principal ?
Or make it a class action too!^^^
Old Aug 27, 2010, 10:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh, at this point, I'm not even planning on trying to get on the KE flight.... My reservation has definitely been downgraded to Y, and there is no point in cutting up at ICN to the KE agents, when they don't really have anything to do with it.....

Guess I shouldn't have said "back-up" flight. I meant 'back-up' in the sense that that is what I'm going to claim I did instead of flying on the ticket that HA downgraded.....
What if you lose the lawsuit? Then you will be down 3000+ if you win it will help others! let's hope things go the right way
Old Aug 27, 2010, 10:19 pm

Cool

What if you lose the lawsuit? Then you will be down 3000+ if you win it will help others! let's hope things go the right way
Yeah.... Also giving some thought about one of the options. Talked to them today, and they said they were still available.... I might not mind doing HA in "First", if they allow the date to be up until the end of next summer....
I'm calling them again on (my) Tuesday.....
Old Aug 28, 2010, 12:29 am

Yeah.... Also giving some thought about one of the options. Talked to them today, and they said they were still available.... I might not mind doing HA in "First", if they allow the date to be up until the end of next summer....
I'm calling them again on (my) Tuesday.....
Good luck!!! So you thinking of going to refund your "back-up" flight too?
Old Aug 28, 2010, 12:34 am

:-:
I'm in 3000 +1 if things don't work out! That's what my 3000+ for!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.